Best Western Plus Riviera
Red Cottage Inn(Menlo Park)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$170
Menlo Park Inn(Menlo Park)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$192
Hotel Lucent(Menlo Park)(Great Value!)
US$279
Hotel Lucent
Stanford Park Hotel(Menlo Park)(Great Value!)
US$389
US$377
Hotel Nia(Menlo Park)
US$376
US$339
Stanford Inn(Menlo Park)
US$213
US$207
Rosewood Sand Hill(Menlo Park)
US$724
US$702
Residence Inn Palo Alto Menlo Park(Menlo Park)(Great Value!)
US$385
US$308
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Keen(Palo Alto)
US$270
US$262
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe stanford shopping centerpalo altocancer centerhospital stayrr tracksconvenient locationnice balconybasic hotelbusy roadshopping and restaurantsa nice place to staywalking distanceclose to downtownlarge bathroomroom was clean and comfortablecontinental breakfastfree parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 May 2013

I travel to the Bay Area frequently from Australia and have stayed at most of the reasonably priced hotels in the area. Not sure if the Best Western has changed somehow but I had a very fine stay. Room was clean, spacious and the bed comfortable. I was on the second floor and the sound proofing was good (from the Highway). It is very convenient to Sandhill Rd and the Stanford Mall (as well as University Av). Fitness centre is nothing great, but just covers my needs with a treadmill, bike and elliptical trainer. Breakfast was first rate of the "free breakfast" type. It gets 5 stars from me not because it is a great hotel but because it is great value for money. There is no hotel within 5 miles of it that is better value to be honest that I have found. Comfortable, clean, pretty quiet and spacious with a good breakfast. Works for me and I would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
BW_Riviera, Manager at Best Western Plus Riviera, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Hello FredBarakat,

Thank you for taking the time to tell other Trip advisor users about your stay with us! We are glad you found our accomodations to be comfortable and clean. I will be sure to pass your comments along to my team. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you stay with us next time you are in th area!

Reviewed 3 May 2013

The door hand to be SLAMMED using my full body weight to latch,

the bed fell 2 inches on one side when my 110 pound wife got in bed,

The floor turned our feet black,

Our baby found a human tooth (not one of ours)in the bed in the morning,

Parking is awful!

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank jasonakana
BW_Riviera, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Riviera, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2013

Dear jasonakana,

We're sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at our hotel. I can assure you that we take all comments and complaints seriously and that I have personaly looked into the items you listed in your review. We have spoken to our housekeeper regarding your comments. Our sheets are serviced by a linen company and our housekeeper had no idea on how a tooth could be on a bed. Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Reviewed 1 March 2013

This hotel is close to Stanford university and that is only positive. Rooms are ok. Air conditioning is too loud. Very close to El Camino and hence too much traffic noise. Breakfast has very limited choice. Staff has an attitude of - I don't care.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Rohit C
BW_Riviera, Manager at Best Western Plus Riviera, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Hello Rohit C,

Thanks for taking the time to tell other Trip Advisor users about your stay with us. We're sorry you had issues with the air conditioning unit in your room. Please know that we have addressed the problem thanks to your making us aware of it. Unfortunately I am unable to do anything about the street noise, although we do offer complimentary ear plugs at the front desk for those who are sensitive to noise. I can also assure you that we do take pride in our establishment and deeply care about all guest experiences while here at our hotel. I am sorry that our team gave off the wrong impression but I'd like to have you come stay with us again, perhaps in a quieter room, so that you can experience our world class customer service. Thank you again for your time, we hope to have you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 20 February 2013

This is a decent motel. The room was pretty clean and the staff was helpful and accommodating (letting me check out late, watching my bag, etc.). It is right on a highway and there was construction when I was there. The room was wildly overpriced in my opinion - but I understand the area is expensive, and perhaps something was going on at the time I was there that resulted in a really expensive price. It also may have been unseasonably cold, but I found the room chilly (although there was an AC unit that I turned on for heat and it worked pretty well) - and the bathroom was cold. I was able to sleep fine - I had a room which looked out the back and it was quiet.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
BW_Riviera, Manager at Best Western Plus Riviera, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Hello skitty811,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with other Trip Advisor users! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We're sorry if the construction noise bothered you, we are in the process of upgrading our guest bathrooms and exterior walkways in order to provide a hotel that is as pleasant looking as it is comfortable. We appreciate your feedback and hope you come back to visit us once we've completed our upgrades. For future reference, our rates on Fridays and Saturdays are more economical as our hotel (and the surrounding area) tends to fill up mid-week. Come stay with us over a weekend for a great deal!

Reviewed 6 December 2012

This is our second stay. The location close to the Stanford Shopping Center is ideal. The weather caused a loss of power on the morning of our departure. The staff handled it well. We even had some hot coffee and a bit of breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank DougVH
BW_Riviera, Manager at Best Western Plus Riviera, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2012

Dear DougVH,

Thanks for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to comment on our property and are glad you enjoyed your accomodations. We apologize for any inconvenience that the power outage might have caused you and thank you for commending my staff. We train and try to be as prepared as possible for these type of occurences. We hope the outage didn't adversely affect your stay too much.

We hope to have youstay w ith us the next time you visit the Menlo Park Palo Alto area.