“It is what it is”

Add it.
Mextogo
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This restaurant is what it is. A fast food mexican place. With several tables and patio but still a fast food restaurant. It is good to have some sandwiches, fajitas, burritos or tacos. But do not expect any tastiness on the food or anything.

Why the 1 star rate? Well, we didn't get food-poisoned for sure. And the service was correct. But it is quite unfair to par this fast-food restaurant to an actual restaurant, and that is something that TripAdvisor does not help to fix. So I rather will value it lower as to me it is not comparable to the other restaurants in the area.

Still, if you want some quick food before going back to work you can still go here. But it will not taste to anything.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

After a really fun but midweek party, I met my fiance for lunch in Menlo Park. Divey Mexican, I told him I wanted. He took me here.

It was perfect.

Their nachos are really delicious, even if you see them microwave them! It's real cheese that's put on there, and they'll make them vegetarian if you ask.

I got the chimichanga but with black beans instead of meat, and it was enormous and delicious and perfect. The outer tortilla was crispy and flaky and amazing, and the guacamole on the side was tangy and creamy and wonderful.

And yes, I ate the whole thing. Are you impressed?

Reviewed 26 July 2012

There are many really good places where I live for mexican food so I may be spoiled. This place was just your average kind of more fast food mexican, nothing special, but still good.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

I have been passing this restaurant on El Camino Real for 6 years but never wanted to go in because it is soooooo casual! I missed out for 6 years on the tastyest Mexican food this side of Viva Sol.
They make all the food fresh everyday, and you can really tell. It is hard to describe how much flavor it all has AND it is not greesy. The special salsa is unbelievable.
I went with my picky eater girlfriend and she almost finished her food! She had the chicken an a bed of salad. it was fantastic. the chicken had been marinated in some spices and was delicious. Another time I went with my husband who is fussy about where he eats ( he usually needs the right ambiance ) He was so delighted he said he could forgo ambiance to eat here, he had the chile verde taco. I had pork iin a crispy tortilla. Exceptional!