“Best.B&B.Ever!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Merced
Serenity Gardens Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Merced B&B and Inns
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Best.B&B.Ever!”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Whenever you are in Merced, do yourself a favor and stay with Jackie and Jerry at Serenity Gardens.

I have travelled extensively and, throughout the years, have never encountered a more welcoming and friendly place. Jackie's breakfast is divine, changes daily, and takes your personal preferences or dietary needs into consideration. She even made me an apple pie one day, and that was in the afternoon.

There are only 5 stars on Tripadvisor, but they deserve more.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2012

When I first contacted Jackie the owner to enquire about rooms for ourselves and friends, her reply included all kinds of helpful advice about the area, trips to go on and things to see. Over the following few weeks before our arrival, I could have published a small guide book with all the informative and interesting guidance I was sent - all tailor made to our specific trip as first time visitors to California.
On arrival we were warmly welcomed and shown to our rooms which would have graced a five star hotel. Jackie even drove ahead of us to a recommended restaurant in Merced in case we got lost. A tremendous night's sleep followed by a wonderfully relaxing breakfast on the patio set us up for a busy day touring Yosemite Valley. Before we left I noticed my rucksack had split on one of the seams, but Jackie effected a quick and professional repair.
I would highly recommend Serenity Gardens for the accommodation alone, but the genuine welcome and hospitality we were given exceeded all expectations. We might return to America just to stay in this wonderful B&B!

Room Tip: All rooms are light and airy with everything you could wish for for a good night's sleep. Our pa...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 September 2012

In our travel experiences, there are two kinds of B&B's. One is purpose-built, the other involves sharing someone's home. This is the latter. After reading the reviews, somehow I didn't get the complete picture. I read about the chickens in the yard, and my imagination took me someplace very rustic. What a fabulous surprise to drive into a spectacular neighborhood, with gracious, large homes, and wonderfully-landscaped yards. Serenity Gardens is actually a 3500 square foot home, which you can be honored to share with your hosts, Jackie and Jerry. Jackie is a delight. The house is immaculate, and you can choose from 2 rooms. One is an upstairs master (enormous) with an amazing bathroom, including a sunken tub, huge stall shower, double sinks and room for a small bowling alley ($100 per night, including taxes). The second room is downstairs and much smaller, but with a private bath, also ($85). Jackie offers free bottled water and soda upon arrival, and the option of chatting or not. Enjoy your time, and learn a little about how she had this huge house built when she was a single woman and started with a brush-covered, vacant lot. She does almost all the gardening herself, which is remarkable considering the number of trees and plants. We had breakfast on the backyard patio, which was a wonderful way to start the day. The upstairs bedroom also has an adjacent second story patio that offers a lovely place to read and enjoy the breezes. Breakfast included fresh eggs (really, really fresh- see note about chicken coop) made to order, plus fresh fruit, coffee, homemade breads and homemade pomegranate jelly. Lots of fruit trees in the yard, also. Two friendly dogs share the house, but the house cats were outside. Very close to UC Merced, if you are planning a trip to the campus. It is also a great spot to stop along route 99 on any extended trip throughout California or up to Yosemite. Had a wonderful visit. And it did feel like you were staying with family - except one that treated you like a guest.

Room Tip: Go for the large room if it fits in your budget. There is a queen and a single bed in this room.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Parsippany, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Wake up to a gourmet breakfast, lovely yard, friendly dogs, hens with personality and hosts with lots of insider info on local travel. Perfect vacation get-a-way combo. The only problem is everyone will come back, we will have trouble booking!!!

Room Tip: Upstairs is spacious, huge bathroom.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lynnswolf
Davis, California
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I arranged a one night stay at Serenity Gardens to break up a long drive home after dropping off my husband and friends at Florence to hike the Northern half of The John Muir Trail. Merced was about half way to my destination and I had decided to treat myself to a B&B and a Day Spa before finishing the drive. I couldn't have made a better choice. Jackie was so welcoming and kind, providing just the right amount of engagement and privacy. The downstairs Yosemite Room was beautiful and quite. Jackie has created a beautiful garden space in the back of the house that perfectly compliments the name of the establishment - Serenity Gardens. I enjoyed quietly reading my book in the garden as well as a chat with Jackie's husband Jerry before calling it a day and going to my room for a delicious nights sleep. The following morning I was greeted with beautiful eggs from the hen house cooked perfectly over easy, with ham, potatoes, fresh fruit and juice. All this for a reasonable price too! I highly recommend Serenity Gardens.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank lvisher
Reviewed 20 July 2012 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay here and were thoroughly spoiled by Jackie and Jerry not only with delicious breakfasts but with valuable local knowledge.
We thoroughly recommend Serenity Gardens to fellow Aussies who would like to get to know, genuinely friendly American people.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank A J
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Lovely B&B with friendly people, delicious (and large) breakfasts and relaxing surrounds. Feed the chickens with Jerry who grew up on the farm, and see what lovely gardens they've developed over the years. Special pickup from the bus-stop in Jerry's awesome 1960's Lincoln Continental if you're extra lucky. Great place to stay if heading into Yosemite.... Ridiculously good value, definitely a highlight of our five weeks in the States. Stayed in the Yosemite room (cheapest) and it was just what we needed-imagine the other rooms are even better! Offered good recommendations for food (if you're not still full from breakfast). Will be finding an excuse to go back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple