Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Merced
Sierra Lodge(Merced)
Courtyard Merced(Merced)
Quality Inn(Merced)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskpancake machinecinnamon rollsthe breakfast areamorning breakfastfree breakfastnice poolgreat roomdefinitely stay here againcomfortable stayrooms were very cleanlong driveoatmealfitness centerbusiness centerthird floorpastry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2012

The hotel is located just off Highway 99, convenient to the exit. We moved up our reservation by one day online within an hour of arrival, and the front desk accommodated us perfectly. The hotel manager worked with the two front desk clerks to make it happen quickly, and assigned us a room away from road as requested. They also recognized us as rewards guests (as they are supposed to do, but few hotels actually do it) with a bag of goodies.

This is a non-smoking hotel, an amenity we really appreciate ... it does makes a difference! Three floors are serviced by two elevators (not one as is often the case). The landscaping is nicely done, and our suite was large and spacious.

The breakfast was a less-than-average Holiday Inn Express experience, and there was no fresh fruit. However, the breakfast attendant was probably the hardest working person we encountered at breakfast during our 14-day trek ... she was impressive!

We will return to this hotel during our next stay in Merced.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2012

The first time we went to Yosemite we stayed at the Yosemite View Hotel in El Portal. This time we waited too long to book so the hotel was full. My wife had stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Merced a few months ago and recommended we try it again.
The hotel is very clean and new and plenty of room for all of us. The breakfast in the morning is perfect when getting ready for a day in Yosemite. It is convenient to get to and then to leave for Yosemite in the morning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the room from the freeway to avoid the highway noise
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We needed somewhere to stay between San Francisco and Yosemite and originally looked at Modesto. But were put off after we heard it referred to as " the car crime capital of America". So we ended up looking for somewhere else to stay and settled om Merced. This was an excellent hotel, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was huge, and as requested away from the freeway so nice and quiet.We walked around the corner to the Ramada for a meal in their bar and it was great, tasty and good value. I would recommend this hotel and I' not easily pleased. Good choice of food at breakfast and lovely lady running the breakfast room.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the freeway are quieter
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Not first time to stay here as priority member. Last visit without issue. This time went to dry my hair and the dryer made crackling sounds and shut off. I was not dressed so waited until dressed and went to desk. Told the girl about hair dryer. She did nothing to help. So after breakfast I went to pay my bill. At this time she said that she had a room that I could use to dry my hair. It was too late timing wise. I asked for a discount. She called two different people. She told them she had offered me a room dry my hair. I made it clear that she made that offer twenty minutes after I told her the dryer was broken. I'm pretty sure the person on the phone heard. Outcome I went to work with wet hair. No price adjustment but maybe I'll have some points added to my priority account.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
CLI820, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Merced, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2012

Thank you for being a loyal guest and continuously choosing the Holiday Inn Express Merced. We are delighted that your previous stay at the hotel was a pleasant one. We truly apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with the hairdryer in your guest room while on your most recent stay and for any confusion at the front desk. The issue will certainly be addressed, as our ultimate desire is to provide the best guest service to all our guests. Thank you for your review, as these really assist us in improving upon the current and future stays of all our guests. We look forward to your next visit with us and happily remain at your service!

Reviewed 19 May 2012

poorly constructed and very noisy staff was non responsive to solutions. highly recommend looking elsewhere for accommodations.

Room Tip: choose another hotel this was a thin walled very loud facility. i was in room 101 and heard every footstep above. also this room is next to the stairs and sound reverberated in the room all night.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business