“The Best Overall Place to Stay in Merced”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Merced
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Merced
Nanaimo, Canada
“The Best Overall Place to Stay in Merced”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

On a recent trip south, we stayed in Merced both going down and on the return. First we stayed at the Courtyard but the rates were quoted at $20 higher on the return so we decided to try the Holiday Inn Express on our return. It was a great decision.

The desk staff were super friendly and professional. The facility was first class and the room we had, on the main floor was huge. We did have an issue with the WIFI which seemed to be caused by our room being at the end of the hall, away from the routers. The staff was excellent in trying to resolve the issue. We ended up taking the laptop to the business center were the reception was excellent.

The included breakfast in a beautiful room gives this hotel its biggest advantage over the Courtyard which charges extra for breakfast. If we overnight in Merced in the future, this property will earn our business.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cashman777
HIXMerced, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Merced, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Merced. We are so pleased that you found great value in our complimentary breakfast! We have ordered an additional wireless access point which we expect to install by 7/15/14 to provide even better WiFi coverage, and apologize for your inconvenience. We hope to see you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Stockton, California
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My recent stay at the Merced HI express was overall a great experience. I stay here for work and I always have a wonderful time when I do. I like to give recognition to the staff because I think that it's the main reason the stays here are so enjoyable. Lyndsey and Patty at the front desk, Maria at the breakfast station along with others are very friendly and are a total asset to your company. Even though I'm away from home due to work, this HI express makes it feel like a second home. Thanks!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HIXMerced, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Merced, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience, and for pointing out out Lindsey, Patty, and Maria! We agree that our staff is our hotel's absolute best asset. We look forward to sharing your comments with all staff, and we are thankful that you feel at home even when you must be away from home. We hope to see you again soon!
Turlock, California
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed there for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Merced
Home away from home I worked nights and sleep all day. Front desk girl Char help me out allot and the other girl where great every time I lost my key. My room was so clean Doris was the best. My room was cleaned fast and great and I could go back to sleep in a nice clean bed. Fresh towels if I needed it and replace what ever I needed. Maria was the breakfast ladies she saw me come in half dead and asleep and had every thing you could think of to eat. The pancake maker was great and cool to watch. One of the mornings I came in, I was so sleeping I was not going to eat and Maria handed me a try and said its not good to not eat and just go to sleep all day. The smile so sweet Maria was awesome and the food was good. I have to say this Holiday Inn was great. I stayed here one more week and drove 30 extra miles to work it was that nice. This week I’m in a Holiday Inn and missing you CHAR, DORIS, and MARIA.
Last to let the Manager know he needs to take a tip in service and hospitality from these ladies and the others that work for him. His group is awesome BUT, he is a little rude and snobbish and needs to be friendly when explaining things to his GUST. FYI there are taxes on the rooms and no tax forms are accepted by this County and city this is not Holliday inn thing. Thanks to my home for over 27 day long great job. Hay Doris give him what I left in the room maybe it will make him smile?
over 27 day i am out on work and the nicest peopl

Room Tip: Taxes even for GOV
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Merced! We are so pleased that you got such great service specifically from Char, Doris, and Maria, and can't wait to share your comments with the rest of the staff. Be assured our manager has also taken your comments to heart, and again thanks you for your fantastic feedback that allows us to continuously improve. May all your future extended stays be fulfilling!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stopped here for a night on our way from San Francisco to Yosemite in June 2014. The hotel was beautiful with a nice parking lot and a great location, although it is about 60 miles from Yosemite. The room was clean, comfortable with good pillows and bed. The desk and kitchen staff were highly courteous, friendly and professional. The breakfast was great with a wide selection for protein and carbs, including whole wheat. Get there early, as the dining room gets real busy with several guests - we saw several kids in hiking club, but they were in good behavior. The highways (140 and 99) are real close to the hotel. The Rancho San Miguel mexican grocery store and CVS are about a 5-minute drive from the hotel.
At night, we heard a truck running idle for several hours, but that did not bother our sleep. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
HIXMerced, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Merced, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Merced. We are very pleased to hear that you found the breakfast staff and the free breakfast itself to your liking. We hope they prepared you for a good long day at Yosemite National Park!
Apo. Ae
Reviewed 25 June 2014

It would be great if they had a Bistro or bar and grill. But the over all my experience was outstanding the staff was friendly, warm and inviting. Have no complaints I would stay there again when i'm in merced.

Room Tip: I was in room 200. loved it peaceful relaxing
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HIXMerced, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Merced, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience! We are thankful for your feedback and hope we can indeed host you again in the future.
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Some crowding in the breakfast area when tour groups are staying there. Room temperature varied more than I would like between cycle on and off temperatures. No major problems encountered, Clean room with frig. Freindly staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
HIXMerced, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Merced, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad you were able to make use of the refrigerator; we just added mini-refrigerators and microwaves to all rooms last year, prompted by guest feedback such as yours. We don't get very many tour buses but have realized that in the future we can do a better job of staffing and relocating tour groups into one of our meeting rooms during breakfast. Thank you again for sharing; we hope to improve by your feedback!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We were traveling with our nephew and had a king bed suite with a sleeper sofa. The room was fine, but there were no pillows for the sleeper sofa. We called to the front desk, and the front dest "didn't know where housekeeping kept pillows." Really? I asked if they could call someone, and hadn't heard anything back after 15 minutes or so, so called back again as it was getting late and was told that "no one answered." I doubt anyone was called. We made do, but there was zero effort from the front dest staff to remedy our situation.

The room itself was fine, and breakfast had a wide variety and was pleasantly good. However, the face of the hotel is the front desk staff and that left a bad taste in my mouth.

Stayed June 2014
HIXMerced, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Merced, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your experience at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Merced. It is important that we learn of any shortcomings so that we can avoid them moving forward. In the closet of each of our suites we provide a clear vinyl zippered bag with two pillows and a change of linen, since our suites feature a pull-out sofa sleeper. Each of our regular beds feature four queen-size or king-size pillows - two soft, and two firm. Our failure to be able to provide you with extra pillows, as well as our failure to follow up in a timely manner, are of course simply inexcusable. We sincerely apologize for the frustration you experienced, and would love to make it up to you if you wouldn't mind contacting hotel management. Thank you for giving us a try, and we hope we may get an opportunity to fulfill our promise to provide you with a satisfying stay in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Merced
Courtyard Merced
#7 of 14 in Merced
America's Best Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area
Americas Best Value Inn- Merced

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Merced? Share your experiences!