“Great Service”
Review of Courtyard Merced

Courtyard Merced
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Merced
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I have stayed at the Courtyard Marriott for a few nights already and always receive exceptional service from the ladies in the Bistro. Delia and Suzanne are always smiling and ready to take my orders within a timely manner. The food and service is great. All the staff at the front desk, Xay, Allison and Carlos have great customer service. Overall, it's been a wonderful experience and I would recommend it to anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Russell H
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Merced

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Overall, this was a nice place to stay and I'd have no reservations about booking it again if I'm in the area overnight. The beds are very comfortable and I appreciate that immensely. My only real complaint is that the walls are paper thin and the noise of the TV in the room next door was annoying until very late at night. I had to be moved from my initial room right next to the elevator because it was obvious in the first few minutes that it would have been a bad experience. I spent 13 years in the Army with multiple deployments, so don't think that I need a lot. The noise level, though, was definitely unacceptable.

The staff deserve their own paragraph because they are absolutely fantastic. Allison (at the front desk) took care of everything I needed and greeting me by name whenever I walked by. After being ignored elsewhere once my credit card info was collected, it was a great way to start the day and I appreciated it. Dehlia (at the little food bar) was incredibly friendly and every bit as helpful. I can't say enough good about them and their friendliness and helpfulness are a large part of why I would stay at this hotel again and why I recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank josephmclain
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Thanks to the whole team of Courtyard Marriott, Merced, CA for being such wonderful hosts & nice people. Would highly recommend for any kind of stay, official, leisure .....
Special Thanks to Patrick (GM), Delia(@ the bar) , Natalia(housekeeping), and Amber(front desk).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Sachin S
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I booked two adjoining rooms for us and for my in-laws. Carlos the supremely professional and accommodating manager guaranteed our special request for the adjoining rooms-something the other hotel I called said they could not do. We were thoroughly impressed by the immaculate condition of the room and the hotel as a whole. To a person, the staff went above and beyond. We will stay at this hotel every time we stay in Merced.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Katherine Q
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Thought my day was off to a terrible start as I started my day running late for a business meeting in Merced. It quickly turned delightful when I stopped for coffee and a scone in the lobby. Delia and Silvia provided quick, attentive service. Both women were so very professional and pleasant. Turned my outlook for my day around. Thank you!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Needed a room last minute. Called the hotel and spoke with Shayvella(spelling?) who was very helpful. She later checked us in. Staff was informative about the area and made recommendations for dinner. The lobby is very warm and comfortable. FREE Wi-Fi. Star bucks on site. Only gripe, which really isn't Marriots fault but would be nice if they had a bar as not much going on in Merced and this Marriot's lobby is very inviting and cozy.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I had to come here to give praise to the front desk staff specially Shavella. This was my first stay at this hotel and the city and she made the stay enjoyable with her prompt responses and her help on finding a few great places to eat. I stay in many hotels around the country and I have to say that she is in my top 3 best front desk staff ever.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Addison H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Merced
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Merced
Hampton Inn & Suites - Merced
America's Best Inn & Suites
Best Western Inn
Best Western Inn
#7 of 14 in Merced
Americas Best Value Inn- Merced
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area

Been to Courtyard Merced? Share your experiences!