“Service beyond”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Merced
Huntington Beach, California
“Service beyond”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We're on a pleasure trip and ducked into the Courtyard by Marriott in Merced California. We got a room with everything that we had requested. It's quiet and away from the Elevator/Ice Machine.

We had dinner in the lobby Bistro. We understand that the Bistro is intended for sustenance for business travelers. Our dinner was quick, simple and very good. The service from Delia and Joanna was above and beyond. Absolutely superb service and couldn't have been better.

Special thanks to the girls (Delia and Joanna) for making our simple meal delightful.

Room Tip: Register with the Marriott rewards program. As a member, the staff will take care of you.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank rrichf

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Korean first
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed overnight on a business trip, free printer and computer use, although it would have been nice to be able to print from my own computer.

Friendly staff, and the food at the bistro was good, Susanna, Delia and Joanna did a great burger and breakfast.

Some advice though - be careful if using Apple maps. My iPhone decided to take me Leaf Rd.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Leccy Z
San Jose, California
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I have not traveled much in the last few years, and was surprised and delighted to find the Bistro at the Courtyard. After a long day of driving, I really did not want to get in the car again to look for food and drink. The day I was there, I had great service from Susana and Delia who made sure I was taken good care of.

Just another reason I'm a long time Marriott member.

Geri

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Gerilynmarie
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Hotel overall was very clean and had plenty of amenities. The bistro staff was also great and made good food. Delia and Joanna were especially nice and made a mean burger! King bedrooms with the whirlpool tubs were amazing. A little pricy but would stay here time and time again.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Luis_el_Cubanito
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 29 June 2014

After six weeks of staying at the hotel, I finally decided to check out the Bistro for their extended happy hour (until 8pm). The service provided by Delia, Joanna, and Amber was fantastic. I ended up staying for a bit for dinner and of course, a few more drinks.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Marco D
Merced, California
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Arrived at hotel with incomplete information concerning travel to Yosemite National Park. Local bus company further complicated the issue with contradicting information. Alison from the front desk took complete charge of our issue and sorted out the correct information, then provided us maps and travel times as well as putting us in contact with a hire car company that had vehicles available. In addition we had no mobile service from our phone and Alison then provided hers so that we could ring our daughter to advise her of our safe arrival.
This was outstanding service. Alison was a great asset to the hotel and certainly eased our minds with her confident and compassionate manner. We would return to this hotel on this experience alone.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kevin M
Ontario, California
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My family was looking for a place to stay for the night on our travels to Sacramento CA. After looking at different places along the route, i thought that I would stay at a nice hotel - Courtyard by Marriott. I have never had a more disappointing stay than any other Marriott in the world. Yes, I have been around the world with Marriott. First, the location - the location in Merced was not good, the part of town was extremely run down, several buildings around the hotel where abandoned and full of graffiti, knocked out windows trash everywhere. I think they might be trying to re-vamp the district, however they have a long way to go. When I checked into the hotel, hotel guest after hotel guest came in carrying 12 packs and kegs of beer, I really didn't want to stay at a beer fest with my family. I've never seen a Marriott where so much alcohol was brought into the hotel by guests. After we have checked in, we went to see the pool, the only good part about the pool was that it was indoors, however the pool couldn't fit more than 10 people in it, it was super small. The outdoor area was nice with a covered patio, however there was the beer fest guests guzzling down those beers, i thought I was back in college for a moment. Well the room - inside was nice, however the walls are paper thin, I could hear both of our neighbors talking... so much so, i could hear their full conversation as though they where next to me! The bath tub was a joke, at the most it held about 4 inches of water, I think they wanted a kiddie bathtub not an adult bathtub. Over all, skip this location and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Stay at a different Hotel
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family