We had never stayed at a Hampton Inn before, but like to keep things in the Hilton or Starwood family. We wanted to find somewhere close to the entrance of Yosemite to break up our drive to the park, and since Starwood has no properties in the central valley, I looked into what Hilton family hotels there were and booked at the Hampton Inn.
We arrived late (around 11pm) and the front desk staff was still friendly and upbeat. With gold HHonors status, we were given a couple drinks and snacks of our choosing, and given the keys to our room. Once of the nice things about this hotel was that 24 hours prior, I was able to check-in and choose the exact room I wanted. I didn't utilize that and just took the predetermined room, which was an accessible room with a king bed, on the second floor.
Upon getting to the room, we immediately noticed how spacious the room was, and how clean it felt. While it was very utilitarian, there was a lot of space. The bathroom was clean and felt much like a hospital room bathroom, but had everything we needed. The shower had great pressure, and they stocked with neutrogena products.
The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of outlets on the nightstand for charging things. Wi-fi was included as well.
A nice bonus was that there was free breakfast in the morning. Expecting a continental breakfast, we were more than pleasantly surprised when there was actually hot breakfast items like bacon, waffles, and eggs. It was a good way to start the morning before heading into Yosemite.
Overall, we enjoyed our one night here. It was better than I had anticipated and would happily check out other Hampton Inns. While we won't be searching them out as we prefer some of the other property types in the Hilton portfolio, we won't shy away from booking here again if this is the only option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites - Merced features 83 rooms and suites that include microwaves, refrigerators, coffeemaker, iron and ironing board, and hair dryer, as well as, complimentary wired and wireless high-speed internet access and plasma TV's with a complimentary premium movie channel and pay-per-view movies. We also feature an outdoor swimming pool and whirlpool, fiteness facility, Meeting Room and Executive Board Room, both with high- speed internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites - Merced reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites - Merced Hotel Merced
- Hampton Inn And Suites - Merced
- Hampton Inn Merced
- Merced Hampton Inn