“Place to Stay for a Reunion”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Merced
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Place to Stay for a Reunion”
Reviewed 3 January 2013

My wife and I went to my 50th reunion and stayed at the Comfort Inn in Merced, Ca. The Hotel is comfortable, rooms are clean and quiet, hospitality is grand. The office personel was very helpful since there was construction on the roads. The great thing is our room was accross from the pool which we used during the mornings. I would inspire travelers to stay at the Comfort Inn when traveling or visiting the Merced area. Great Place.

Room Tip: Rooms near the pool are just great for couples that enjoy swimming.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
San Jose, California
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I always stay at this hotel when I am in Merced for Business. They do a terrific job in keeping this place nice and clean. Fresh Fruits, cookies, coffee, free continental breakfast, Outdoor pool, and so much more they offer at an affordable price. I wish Samantha and team good luck and I look forward seeing them again when in Merced. :)

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 November 2012

People were friendly, service was terrible
After stying the first night and hearing the freeway and the train all night (the rooms ate not soundproof)
When we got back that night the room wasn't picked up one bed was made
And neither of the beds had anything on them
The coffe cup i used in the morning was still where i left it and all the wrappings on the coffee table
The coffe maker wasn't cleaned and there was NO FOFFEE for the next morning
The towels were not replaced I had to go to the front desk in the morning to get some towels
They did offered me to get me towels the night we came back but we were too tired to deal with all that
It was like the cleaning lady was interrupted in the middle of cleaning the room and completely forgot about it.
I will place another review if they give me some kind of a discount as of right now they couldn't offer me anything as they can't get any manager to take care of this
Samantha and Julie are the managers and are not available
To be continued .......

• Stayed November 2012

Travellers are raving about these Merced hotels

Reviewed 29 October 2012

Place looks very clean, but insects are just a no no. They also have a sign up stating if any one comes to your door saying computers went down they need your credt card do not give to them. The rooms are all accessible from outside. No security doors to get thru. I mentioned to the clerk at desk that they had bugs and I left one for her under a cup in our room, she stated ooh I will go check it out. Just yuck. As usual the breakfast is always a plus at Comforts but overlooking bugs is not worth it. Earwigs!! YUCK

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Happydaisy223
Samantha G, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
I do apologize if you indeed came in contact with some "kind" of bug, however after your concern, we did have Clark Pest Control come out and do a search of several rooms to find nothing. It is unfortunate that you had a bad experience and I would be more than happy to offer a discount if that would make it up to you...Just contact the hotel.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Visiting from BC, Canada we had a lovely peaceful stay in October. Small glitch, the batteries in the door died and we were locked out in the morning, the staff were awesome and helpful and promptly got the door open so we could retrieve our luggage. Highly recommend the hotel. Only thing I would change is take away the full length mirrors inside the bathroom doors.

Thanks again staff.

Room Tip: Very quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Samantha G, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 28 October 2012
Thank you Chris for the kind words. Here at Comfort Inn Merced, we strive to make the experience for guests as remarkable as possible...Again I want to appologise for the battery in the door lock, and hope that you will visit us again when visiting the states!
grand rapids, minnesota
Reviewed 8 October 2012

The Comfort Inn in Merced was a decent place to stay, but the location right next to the interstate is kind of noisy. Rooms were standard motel fare, nothing remarkable. Staff was friendly, internet did work in office, and our rooms were in good order and fairly clean. Breakfast was average. Pool was small but nice to have.

Room Tip: Try to get one away from the noise of the interstate.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I stayed at the comfort Inn for two nights. Perfect for out trip to yosemite. The room was clean and perfect for our needs. Loved the options for breakfast. I have been at hotels that say they have Complimentary breakfast when all they offered were doughnuts.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family