“excellence”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Merced
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I travel to Merced on an irregular schedule and the staff at this hotel has always been friendly and courteus. My room has consistently been clean and fresh. I truly appreciate the well maintained training rooms including the pool and spa. The meals at the Bistro are well prepared and presented. Thank you for providing me with comfort away from home.

Room Tip: I have not been uncomfortable on any floor,however I prefer the first floor because of the close pro...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank larry m
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed 11 April 2013

We only stayed one night but the hotel staff was very friendly. Our room was clean and comfortable. Everything I would expect from a Comfort Inn. There is a restaurant next store if you don't feel like driving around for somewhere to eat. The location makes this hotel a perfect place to stop on the way to or from Yosemite!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I have used this hotel on several occasions when attending meetings in nearby Atwater. The Carrow's Restaurant is nearby (walkable) for a quick, inexpensive, easy meal. Have always had a clean room and friendly staff. I can hear a train whistle from time to time, and other guests walking in the open halls, so if your a light sleeper this isn't the hotel for you. I plan to stay there again on my next trip to that area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Crystal N
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We chose Comfort Inn for being Pet Friendly. We checked in on Wednesday April 3, 2013 and were given room # 207. When we walked into the room the stench of pet urine was so strong that we knew the carpet had been soiled by a pet. We talked to housekeeping and were told that they have tried everything to remove the urine smell with no success. Housekeeping has reported this to front desk. When we asked for another room we were given a clean room. At check out the clerk told us that room # 207 shouldn't be given to any guests (somehow the room was placed back in active list). If we had not asked we would've had to suffer the stench of pet urine. The carpet was not only soiled by dirty and old, same as the curtains and bed linens. Towels were clean.

Room Tip: Always ask for a clean room (we should not have to ask and should expect to have a clean room). If...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Great basic hotel! Looking for a stopover hotel after a long drive en-route to Yosemite. Arrived late but staff was very help and happy (needed that after a long drive). Got up early to catch the bus to Yosemite. Excellent beds and breakfast. Exceeded my expectations! Would good there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Samantha G, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Another last minute choice but pleased . Hotel is 3 stories with an elevator . Clean rooms for the price , no problems with check-in . Friendly staff ! Nice looking lobby area . Parking is average though I think some spots are shared with the Carrows restaurant in front of property . My room was clean , furnishings were decent , bathroom clean & no critters to complain about . Left early so cannot comment on restaurant or continental breakfast ! Though I did see breakfast area as it was being set up & it looked good & clean . A plus for me is that I was offered a cup of coffeee for the road ! Next to major interstate but surprisingly quiet . Would stay there again !

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Samantha G, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

It's alot of hard work to keep an older property up,and we thank you for your acknowledgement of our hard work and hopefully we will be seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2013

I currently live in Merced, but I had to stay in a hotel for a few days while my house was under some construction. This hotel has a helpfuland friendly staff I was checked in by Kayla, she was very helpful and welcoming. she helped me with all the requests I had. The rooms in the hotel are spacious and very comforting. The hotel offers a breakfast in the morning, which is unlike any I have had at a hotel. they had eggs, sausage and waffles, and many other things. really tasty! I would reccomend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo