“GOod place to stay”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Merced
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This was an average (in a good way) motel. Clean rooms, 2 queen room was large, guest computer, breakfast, pool. Bed super comfortable. Restaurants within walking distance. Negatives were the hallway was totally open to the outdoors so it seemed a little dirty. There was quite a bit of noise from guests in the hallway. They were doing some work across the road so extreme noise there. Glad we weren't trying to sleep in.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank blueharley

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I felt very unsafe as the room door opened into a corridor which was open to the outside! Very insecure. The room faced on to the car park so the curtains had to be closed at all times for privacy. The wash basin was in the room, rather than in the bathroom. Why?

The pool looked mucky, with unidentified stuff floating in the bottom of it. We went in to breakfast, but spotting the filthy carpet, we swiftly left and went to the restaurant opposite.

I'm glad to see the place is being renovated - it certainly needs it!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank budmouthbabe
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We stayed here on our way to Yosemite. We read the yelp reviews and the price was good for just an overnight stay. The front desk person was very nice and helpful when we checked in close to midnight, which was a pleasant surprise since most night hotel people are either rude or unhelpful that late at night. Our room was as to be expected for that price. Dated and a little run down, like most of the property. HOWEVER, in the morning, when we went to breakfast, the breakfast room seemed like we were in a nicer hotel. The room had clearly been redone recently. The food and coffee was full and well stocked. The eggs were nice fluffly scrambled eggs and they had sausage AND bacon. The decor was nice and there was a flat screen TV playing the news.

If you are on your way to Yosemite and just need a place to stay, then this is a good option. Good breakfast, friendly staff, and close to freeway to get you to Yosemite. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We are a family of 4 that stayed 1 night in a King bed suite at the Merced Comfort Inn in August 2013.

I have to say that this motel makes me ashamed of trying to go out of my way to chose Comfort/Quality hotels based on, what I thought, was a controlled level of quality. If I were the Choice Hotel group, I would downgrade this place to a Rodeway Inn. I CAN'T BELEIVE THIS PLACE GOT A 3 1/2 STARS ON TRIPADVISOR.

The room was dirty, the wall paper was peeling from the walls, the sofa bed looked like a pretzel when unfolded, the sheets in the sofa bed had not been changed/made and were all dirty, the king bed was uncomfortable, its right next to the highway and the walls/windows/door may have just as well not have been there - we may as well have slept on the highway for the noise.

The hotel is old, outdated and has never been renovated.

Furthermore, at breakfast in the morning, they ran out of food at 08h00 when it should run until 10h00. When I asked the lady filling the buffet, she told me that they had 5 tour buses in the hotel - I asked the reception desk when they had learned the tour buses were going to be stopping over that night? I was told months ago. GREAT PLANING.

At the price for this place, I would risk a $29 motel with a 1 star rating on trip advisor because I am certain it couldn't be worse and, at least, I wouldn't have the feeling of being robbed at the price of the Comfort.

PS Please vote as helpful if you like this review

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MICMERG
Samantha G, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

I am very sorry you had such a bad experience staying in our hotel, we are looking into the problems you have brought to our attention. We are in the process of starting renovations here in the next 6 months, to update the property. As for the breakfast running out, I am unsure why there was not food refilled at 8am because we are always fully prepared for tours as well as other guests. I am very sorry for your unpleasant stay If you would please contact the hotel we would like to make things right and hopefully you will give us another chance if you are ever in Merced again.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel because it was somewhat close to Yosemite NP. We stayed for two nights and the room was not touched by the maid. When I reported this to the front desk they apologized and offered to bring us fresh towels but had no explanation of why the room was ignored. WHATEVER you do, DO NOT take a room by the pool!! Stay away from rooms 111,109, or 107! The front doors re very thin and there's a large gap at the bottom and the noise from the pool is unbearable. We're not prudes, but i've never heard so much profanity in my life. We kept the TV turned up loud to cover up the noise. They were supposed to close the pool at 10PM and did not do it until i called the front desk to complain.

Room Tip: Avoid the pool area at all costs!!! RM 109 107!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Samantha G, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

I am so sorry your stay with us was not a pleasant one, I am looking into the problems you experienced with staying with us, if you would please contact me I want to make this right, and hopefully if your travels ever bring you back in Merced you will give us another chance..

Reviewed 19 June 2013

We stayed here for one night on our way to Yosemite. It's a nice place. Comfortable and clean. Awesome breakfast is served early in the morning. We enjoyed our stay here. Location is also good. Right near highway and lot of diners closeby. We were able to relax well before starting to Yosemite. Yosemite valley is 2 hrs drive from here. So a good location to stay if you don't want to spend lots.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

I am glad to hear your stay with us was a pleasant and convenient one, we do hope you enjoyed your trip to Yosemite and look forward to seeing you next year.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

This Comfort Inn is a very nice motel and typical of most Comfort Inns. The room was nice and clean and the bed was excellent. The room included a refrigerator and microwave and everything worked. It was a warm early June day in Merced when I was there and the air conditioner was very powerful, cooling the room rapidly.

The breakfast was typical of Comfort Inn and also very nice.

The only problem, and it is common among nearly all lodging businesses in Merced, is that this Comfort Inn was located immediately adjacent to State Route 99, which is a 24-hour per day freeway. It is noisy. It is also adjacent to State Route 140 but traffic there slows way down after dark. Whereas most Comfort Inns with which I am familiar have interior hallways and can be quieter than buildings with exterior hallways, this motel has exterior hallways. (There is a picture on the Choice Hotels website that leads you to believe that this building has interior hallways but this is not so.) The rooms face exterior hallways that wrap around a pool/courtyard and there are large openings to the outside that allow noise in.

Room Tip: Try to get a room as far from State Route 99 as possible.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

I am sorry to hear that you were lead to believe we have interior hallways, but I am happy to inform you that we will have interior hallways with-in the next 6 month, we are also remolding our rooms, hopefully you can come back and stay with us and let us know what you think.