“visiting family”

Ranked #7 of 162 Restaurants in Merced
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 3 August 2013

When I come to Merced where my family lives, we usually hit Pauls. I live in Mendocino, world renowned for overated restaurants, also overpriced and spotty disapointing! I wish we had a comfy, honest place up here with consistently good food and fair prices.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

While in Merced, locals may recommend Pauls Place for a "great meal". It is kind of a locals place for hamburgers, sandwiches and such. The staff is friendly diner style service. The prices very reasonable but the food is just average or what you'd expect. The breakfast is the best bet. When ever you go there will be lots of people and you will get lots of food. If you like chicken fingers and fries or a good order of pan cakes, stop by.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Just plain good comfort food and plenty of it. Highly recommend if you want good food, good value and great service.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Number one family restaurant in Merced by far. Best service ever. Best menu by a long long shot. Prices always fair. Portions are great. Food is the best tasting in Merced by a country mile. It's always busy. What a loss when it was closed for the fire repair. Same help has been there for years. We are there almost weekly.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

I found this place amazing. The menu had everything from fish to burgers and complete meals. I tried the spicy guacamole burger the meat patty was 1/2 inch thick and juicy. It actually covered the whole bun. My husband ordered the Texas burger. It came on sliced bread and was 3 inches high. It was a substantial sandwich for a big guy. The atmosphere was nice and the place filled up at dinnertime. That is a good indicator that I picked a good place to eat!

Been to Paul's Place? Share your experiences!