“Best Week of My Life”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Middletown
Sacred Springs Retreat and B&B
Ranked #2 of 4 Middletown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 July 2010

An amazing experience on every level. Deeply restorative. I arrived for a 7-day stay following a physically, emotionally and spiritually exhausting year and Spirit Springs was like a miracle cure. Leslie's review from April of this year exactly sums up my experience. Beautiful tranquil grounds, a lot of privacy, delicious food, and days filled with yoga, meditation, dance, hiking, resting, massage, breathwork, and visits to the hot springs. And Watsu with Andrzej is an experience of bliss beyond words. Hosts Ashanna and Andrzej are powerful healers and they, along with the rest of the staff, have a genuine gift for hospitality.

At Spirit Springs, I experienced profound healing and transformation. I plan to make a retreat to this beautiful oasis an annual event.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 April 2010

I went to Spirit Springs seeking support for recovery from surgery and I found much more than I ever hoped for.

The retreat is small and intimate with the sound of a rushing stream setting the background. Ashanna and Andrzej are immediately welcoming and present to ascertain your individual needs and lovingly, help you to accomplish them. Their home is lovely and tranquil. The rooms are pleasing, octagonally shaped in the cottage and the beds and linens very comfortable. I slept like a baby.

I partook in a 3 day juice fast and the rest of my week was raw food. It was the longest I had eaten that way and so the first time I had experienced the glow and well-being it brings. I was thankful for the opportunity and have continued to eat largely that way since returning home. Ivanna prepared colorful, delicious dishes that were a treat to eat. Watsu with Andrzej is the most wonderful experience. In his capable arms one can let go and allow the body to move as it wants, it seems that time stands still and peace prevails. The pool at Spirit Springs is scheduled to be finished this month (April, 2010)

The body work I had with both Deidre and Ivanna was powerful and continues to be very healing. Along with everything else it allowed me to stop taking pain medication I had relied on since having surgery.

Clarity Breath Work is powerfully transformative for uncovering and working with areas where one is feeling "stuck", both Adrzej and Ashanna are wonderful to work with.

Harbin Hot springs is to be experienced. The large warm pool and the hot & cold plunge pools put you into another state of mind-body altogether. The beauty of the surroundings, the quality of the water, the sound of water rushing down all the hillsides, the play of light and color, and the beautiful flower arrangements all lend tremendously to the silence that is maintained there. After several days of this, I found myself in a deeply quiet place within.

The small size of the retreat lent an intimacy and ability to have a tailored retreat that most individually addressed my needs and the needs of the other people attending as well. The graciousness of our hosts was a big part of it. All of the people who worked with me I can say were truly healers. My week was very full and yet very relaxing. I left in a state of profound well-being which I am carrying with me still. I feel blessed to have found this place when I needed it.

Leslie

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2010

I went there on a Mother Daughter trip. I was just ending five and a half grueling months of cancer treatments and it was my 21 year old daughters spring break. So I searched for a healing retreat that would also be something my daughter would enjoy. The place is beautiful, secluded, clean, the water is great and most important the beds are so comfortable. They serve raw vegan with some cooked foods and if you have ever been curious, the food is healing and delicious. I arrived absolutely exhausted. This is a retreat center and it is about transformation. The owners are healers not inn keepers, but take very good care of you. Having Harbin Hot Springs near by is a big plus as they have dances, classes and movies, which is nice when you are traveling with a young person. I left rested and not wanting to go.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2010

This was my first experience in a retreat and it was one of the most enriching experience of my life. I needed to get away from my daily and stressful life and take time for myself.
The environment is perfect. It is beautiful, very peaceful, quiet and very clean.
The service is exremely personalized and professional. I discovered and experienced yoga, meditation, breathwork, raw food and watsu massage , they were all awesome!
The infrared sauna and the spa were also great! I strongly recommend this experience to everyone looking for clarity in their life!
Ginette from Canada

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2009

I went on this trip totally burnt out and I leave with a total new prospective on life. This was my first experience with a couple different forms of meditation, yoga and breathwork. The massages were also fantastic. Sauna & whirlpool were great. Just totally peaceful. Even the hiking trail was a great workout. Nearby to mountain trails which were invigorating. Trips to Harbin Hot Springs were incredible. Best vacation and retreat of my life. Looking forward to the two level pool being done. Andrzej and Ashanna the owners are the best. They catered to my needs and made the experience life changing. The raw food (not what I imagined and it was incredible) and juicing was spectacular. Still smiling!!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 October 2009

I needed some soul searching time off within driving distance in Northern California and Spirit Springs was the most refreshing, unusual experience I had. On the hottest day the rooms felt cool and fresh. I was the only guest and the hosts provided ample space to myself when needed and holistic services and food when the need arose. The location has tranquil settings. I hope pool is now built which would add more value.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank mahdine
Reviewed 25 September 2009

I chose Spirit Springs in order to get away from it all. The fact that the owners accept only between one and four guests at a time makes for a very intimate, relaxing atmosphere. The owners will cater to your individual needs. This is not a "cookie cutter" B&B by any means. Try something new and take advantage of their wide array of knowledge in all things holistic and healing: Yoga, meditation, breathwork, massage. The property is situated along a stream, so even if you just want to sit and read, you'll find it a very peaceful, soothing place to do so. If you truly want to get away - and have time to reflect - this is the spot!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo

Been to Sacred Springs Retreat and B&B? Share your experiences!