“A beautiful location!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mill Creek
Childs Meadow Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mill Creek
Sacramento, California
“A beautiful location!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was skeptical after reading some negative reviews, however after realizing that this is a CABIN in a pretty rural area I think this place is wonderful! We had the pleasure of staying in the manufactured cabin with the jacuzzi! The place was adorable! The wood paneling throughout the cabin lent it a cozy warm feeling. There was a jacuzzi on the enclosed patio in front. The bedroom was plenty large with a good firm mattress as were all the mattresses.The sleeping loft is perfect for couples as well as a family. There was a microwave, coffeemaker and toaster. A full size refrigerator. A full bathroom with tub and shower. Plenty of storage to stow all your goodies away making it truly your home away from home!There was a bbq, although small it was functional for us. The fire pit was was perfect and we enjoyed a beautiful night under the stars. The views and surroundings here are breathtaking! Those who bag on this place are delusional as this is a CABIN IN THE WOODS, not the Hilton or the Hyatt!The hostess was friendly and provided us with local information and points of interest. Overall it was more than we anticipated and we really enjoyed it! Look forward to coming back!

Room Tip: The manufactured cabins!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank sandy a

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Alameda, CA
Reviewed 31 August 2013

This place is cool. Please note, that this is like a step up above camping. The smaller cabins are cute, and quite nice. The larger cabins are great for big groups, but are very rustic. There is little kitchens in the large cabins, and electricity, and little BBQ pits, and also outdoor cooking areas. The smaller cabins have microwaves, and fridges. There are also hotel rooms, which we did not view.

There is a little store, laundry, and a restaurant in the summer months, through mid October. It is located about 20 minutes away from Chester, the next largest town, and about 10 minutes from the visitor center in Lassen NP. It is a great way to pseudo-camp close to the volcanic place of interest, and the person who runs it is very nice. A good place to stay.

Room Tip: If there is a small group of 4 or less go for the small cabins. Big groups will do well in the larg...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank akamai_gurl
California
Reviewed 22 July 2013

This was a very poor choice for a hotel. A "resort"?? It is in very poor condition. We pd $10.00 extra for each person over 2 and we got towels and not enough plastic glasses for the 4 of us.

The carpets were gross, so I always had my flip flops on. The bedspreads are thin and dirty as well as the carpets. It was July, so it was hot... and not a single fan in the room.

On the positive note, It had a beautiful view and the sound of cows, birds and a moose in the morning.

How do you call this a resort for the standard traveler who is not camping?
The owner was rash and rude. I would not recommend this. It took everything I had to not just pack up and move on down the road.

Room Tip: A bad choice on our part. But the owners could really put some money in the place
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank dayzpen

Travellers are raving about these Mill Creek hotels

Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Reading all the reviews we were skeptical about how / what this motel would be. We reserved 3 rooms for a weekend and were satisfied with it.
Do not expect luxury rooms or TV or internet here, but basic necessity perfectly kept.
The rooms were very clean and considering this place in between meadows, there were no insects etc inside the room.
Beds are spring beds, but manageable. Our room did not have any AC / Heater working which is a negative , but the weather was good enough to keep us cosy.
This place has a cafe which has an awesome breakfast and it is a must have in the morning before you start your day.
For whatever we paid, we felt this was a great place and kept us close to the nature.
The owners Dottie and Bruce are very polite and everybody helping there were good to talk to.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with microwave and fridge. Not all rooms have it.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 4 June 2013

My sister and I have camped at Childs Meadows twice. We take our R.V., horses and dogs and have a great time. Dottie & Bruce (the owners) and Paul are exceptionally nice people and do everything within their power to accomodate us! The reviews written by some very unkind people are not only untrue (in my opinion) but rude. If people want "the Ritz" then go to Tahoe and stay! If you want peace and quiet, nature, nice people and an awesome view this is the place. You can ride your horse for miles and miles, see deer, bears (we saw two) Bald Eagles and beautiful wild flowers and streams. Our Mother stayed in one of the little cabins, it was clean and very comfortable. The refrigerator, microwave, bathroom and bed linens were spotless. We look forward to going back in August or September and our Mother will join us too. Great Place!!!!!!!!!! Shielya Bennett, Reno, Nevada

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Shielya B
Cupertino, CA
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I have lived all around the world - third world to first world. This resort is dumps! Anyone who says they enjoyed living here has terrible standards. The hotel owners are also rude and not helpful. Couple of detailed points:

- The chateau's stink. The carpets are old and in bad shape. I am sure most of the draperies, comforters etc are discards from thrift stores.
- The kitchenette did not work. When we asked called the front desk, they gave us detailed directions on how to fix it ourself. It took us 3 calls to have someone come down and help.
- They expect us to clean, mop and scrub the floors and bathrooms before we leave - else a large deposit is withheld.

Stay somewhere else....

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Anil R
Mckinleyville
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I stay at Best Westerns when they're available, but I enjoyed my evening in the room at Childs Meadow, it was different from all that, yet it was clean and the utensils and other items provided in the kitchenette indicated a caring attitude on the owners' part. I didn't shower, so can't address that, but the bathroom was extra clean and towels were in plentiful supply. I had cellular coverage and had brought my own DVD, so I was kept occupied during the evening. The wall heater kept the room very warm during the 30 deg evening. Quiet. Highway runs out front, but there's very little traffic and the room is set far enough back, you have to strain to hear cars.
The cafe breakfast is hearty and lasted me all day till I got home in the evening. I'm looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
#1 of 1 in Mill Creek
St. Bernard Lodge
St. Bernard Lodge
#1 of 1 in Mill Creek

Been to Childs Meadow Resort? Share your experiences!