“wonderful stay at the lodge” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of St. Bernard Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mill Creek
St. Bernard Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Mill Creek B&B and Inns
Mesa, Arizona
“wonderful stay at the lodge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

My husband and I spend 2 very nice

September evenings w/Sharon and her husband who own the Lodge. She allowed us to check in early as we were not sure of our travel time getting there. The afternoon wine and lovely little snacks served were so relaxing and enjoyable. Our room overlooked the pond and back area. It was very quite. Sharon gave us helpful directions and suggestions as we left each day. I would highly recommend this retreat. She is a wealth of information for that area.

Room Tip: We had the Evergreen Room,
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
East Amherst, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have to give an "excellent" review because of how much the woman who runs the place went out of her way to help me in planning my trip and how accommodating she was. The room was very nice (my only complaint is that it was quite warm--no AC and the temperature was warmer than usually--although there was both a ceiling fan and an electric fan). I had to share a bathroom, but it was never occupied when I wanted to use it, except for one time. The food was absolutely stellar--far greater than I thought it would be. I didn't have anything super complex, but it was really extraordinary. I had fish and chips, and both the fish and the fries were unbelievability delicious. Even the rolls were great!
One other reviewer wrote that the innkeeper didn't seem like she enjoyed her job. I don't think that's fair. I wouldn't say she was the friendliest woman in the world, but I think that's just her personality. She was super helpful and accommodating and went above and beyond the call of duty, in my opinion.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jason S
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

The rooms were comfortable and clean. The shared bathrooms were fine. There was never a wait even when the lodge was full one night.

The breakfasts were so good! On one morning, it was buffet style and the other morning was made to order. Both were memorable in how delicious they were.

This is an older building and the floors creak when people walk, and you can hear your neighbors' conversations. It wasn't a major issue for us but some people may be sensitive to it.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Redding, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Stayed for a couple of nights and service was rather poor and the innkeeper seemed rather put off we were even there. Not near enough coffee available in the morning prior to restaurant opening. Many guests went without coffee until the restaurant opened. The food was good but service was again rather poor. We were the only table at the time and we observed the innkeeper standing off in a distance and not waiting on our table. I have stayed at many inns and bed and breakfast establishments and this is the most uninviting one I have ever stayed at. I felt like I was on egg shells the entire time. Too bad it is in such a beautiful area. On the good side the rooms were lovely with charm....

It is not my intent to hurt the feelings of the innkeeper rather I would like to think she will read this and become more upbeat and welcoming.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RoseMatt
Marin County, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

We spent the night at St Bernard prior to a day hiking in Lassen and found ourselves a surprising little jewel. Even though we're not classic B&B-types, the rooms were comfortable and well-appointed and sharing a bath turned out to be just fine. The lodge has a classic bar, excellent restaurant and cozy sitting areas throughout. The innkeeper and her staff were helpful and pleasant throughout, providing all the information we could imagine about Lassen, the area and the Inn itself. Top it all off with a great, cooked to order breakfast and we'll definitely be coming back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ElliotL
santa rosa,ca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

There are limited lodging options in this area. this lodge is an OK choice. A family run business w/7 rooms above an old farmhouse type structure. Bathrooms are shared. Rooms are small. A very good made to order breakfast is included. The 100 price tag seems hefty but when you factor in the breakfast and wine hour it actually is reasonable. The owners are helpful tho a bit moody. If you are visiting Lassen NP and cant get into the lodge this is a viable option.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alan k
Denver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

We enjoyed our stay in this unusual place. It's a bit like a B&B with an on-site owner, but it's also like a hotel with restaurant and a bar, both of which we liked. Our room was spacious and clean. The restaurant food and service were both very good.

We choose the location for its proximity to Lassen Volcanic national park. And it turned out to be well located.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rick A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mill Creek
BEST WESTERN Rose Quartz Inn

Been to St. Bernard Lodge? Share your experiences!