Business travel is not much fun at the best of times and it seems to be getting less pleasant all the time. Or maybe I'm just getting older! Nevertheless, my stay at the Millbrae Fairfield Inn (near SFO) was very pleasant. The Bay area is not cheap when it comes to decent hotels and this hotel is not an exception. But you do get your money's worth. My room was quiet and comfortable.
There was a blanket in the closet which I especially like. This is a small point, but many hotels do not provide them.
Everything else was standard Fairfield. As far as I know this hotel did not start as a Marriott property so its design is a bit different, but it is still quite acceptable.
There is an additional charge for parking but this is disclosed up front on the website and it is reasonable compared to downtown San Francisco hotels.
Like all airport hotels, you may get some airplane noise depending on the wind direction. However, the approach path near this hotel is not often used by SFO.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The new Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott is conveniently located just one mile west of San Francisco International Airport and twelve miles south of Downtown San Francisco. The property is within minutes of popular attractions such as Candlestick Park, AT&T Park, Fisherman's Wharf, Pier 39, Union Square, and the Golden Gate Bridge. Silicon Valley and Oakland are only twenty minutes away.Complimentary amenities with each stay include Fairfield Inn's signature Early Eats Breakfast Buffet, free airport shuttle service and free printing, faxing, and copying services in our Business Library. All of the hotel's guestrooms are oversized and have a separate living and sleeping area that are decorated in warm contemporary colors. Each room is equipped with free high-speed internet access, two 32" flat panel televisions, a microwave, a refrigerator, and a large executive desk with an ergonomic chair. After a hectic day of travel or business, guests can unwind in the hotel's therapy outdoor whirlpool spa or workout in the hotel's fully equipped executive fitness room. The Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott's also within a very short walking distance to both historic Downtown Millbrae and the Millbrae BART and Caltrain Station. Historic Downtown Millbrae has a large collection of boutique and antique shops, restaurants, spas, national retailers, and entertainment. The Millbrae BART and Caltrain Station provides convenient and inexpensive Caltrain and BART train service to Downtown San Francisco, Oakland, Berkeley, and the Silicon Valley. Additional recreational activities such as golf, biking, hiking, rock climbing, and sailing are nearby. San Francisco and Napa tours can be booked from the hotel with free round-trip tour pick-up and drop off service from/to the hotel. Park Stay and Go Packages are available that include a one night stay with all amenities plus up to fourteen days of additional parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport/Millbrae reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport Hotel Millbrae
- Fairfield Inn And Suites San Francisco Airport
- Quality Inn Millbrae
- Quality Hotel Millbrae