“Convenient to SFO airport and Millbrae BART”

Fairfield Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport/Millbrae
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Millbrae
Reviewed 17 June 2014

A free shuttle is provided from SFO airport and it is close walking distance to the Millbrae BART. There is some background noise as El Camino is a busy street in front and the BART and Amtrak run behind it. It's quite close to the airport so you may also hear that as well.

Based on its location, the amenities are smaller and much closer together with very little green space. They have a small pool and the breakfast area is cozy. The parking is underground and the other buildings nearby are right up against the property.

The staff was very accommodating and welcoming at check-in and check-out. The price is a little high for this level of accommodations but there are some conveniences such as the shuttle and transportation nearby which can't be overlooked. Overall, it's a decent place for a quick night's sleep and back to the airport, rather than a long stay in the bay area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank cuyler3329
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport/Millbrae

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The Hotel room was nice however the recommended cab service (VIP Taxi & LIMO Service) was robbery. My girlfriend and I requested a cab to pick us up so that we could go to Yosito's in San Francisco to see Alcoustic Alchemy Live in Concert so we asked the hotel clerk if she could recommend a taxi company. She called VIP and they were Johnny on the spot! The cab service Billed us at rate 4 which cost us $75.00 one way. We told our complaint to a couple of concert goers and they told us to try UBER which we unsuccessfully failed. In the meantime we had no other choice so we thought but to call this rip-off taxi service again and when I reached him on the phone the driver kept giving me the run around asking if I was sure I was going to be there well, I called Yellow Cab and their fare was just a little over half what VIP charged (rate 1) When we arrived back to the hotel we made a complaint with the clerk at the Front Desk who tried to act as if she was concerned but clearly was not. Since the Hotel recommended this Company we will never again stay here or recommend anyone to stay even though the room and room service was alright because they are definitely in relationship with this cab service. How could you not know that Yellow Cab service was least expensive. We were not entertainers who needed VIP Service. If you happen to stay here and need a Taxi Please Call Yellow Cab. Also do not say in Room 304 it takes a while for the Air to kick-in

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank paulnumber1girl
Janice250, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport/Millbrae, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

The entire staff of the Fairfield Inn & Suites SFO Airport would like to apologize for this inconvenience you experienced regarding the taxi cab.
We do believe that this charge was unreasonable as well and are investigating this matter with the cab company. We have also removed them from our recommended list of taxi cab companies.

We hope to see you again the near future to provide you with a much better stay! If you are in the area, please see if you are able to utilize the BART station, as that is a much cheaper and faster way of getting to the city and back.
Again, our apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your informative review!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Was here one night for business. Landed around mindnight and level the hotel early next morning for meetings. Checking could be faster. Parking is underground but not gated.

The good:
- Nice clean hotel
- close to airport

The not so good:
- Price

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I took my daughter and her friend to San Francisco area to go look at some colleges. I booked at Fairfield because I have stayed at this brand before. The hotel was beautiful, the rooms were nice. The staff was welcoming. These are my complaints.
**our room overlooked Taco Bell drive Thru, which had a bright light that overlooked the drive thru that no matter what we did the light shined in.
**One of the keys didn't work, went down and they got me one new key
**TV and Remote did not work, it was late in the evening so I decided to tell the front desk in the morning
**The next morning when we were leaving I noticed we left the do not disturb on the door, went to open the door and the key again wouldn't work, so I slid the do not disturb under the door. When I went downstair to tell the front desk about the TV and the key not working. She told me that she needed to give me two new keys, because when you rekey one it automatically disables the other key which would explain why my key wouldn't work this morning.
**The breakfast wasn't great, instant oatmeal, cereal choice was so so, no waffles, Bagels were so stale I couldn't even split it.
**That night when we came home we noticed that our do not disturb sign was back on our door and our room wasn't clean. It was 11 at night. When they came earlier in the day to repair the TV they put the sign back on the door that I had slid under the door because my key would work. The front desk was very apologetic. But still our room wasn't clean. I was tired and just asked for new towels.

Yes I would stay again because of the location, price, comfort and the closeness to the train station.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from Taco Bell
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Fantastic hotel with spacious rooms. We stayed 1 night after a long flight . Bed very comfortable which meant we had a wonderful nights sleep. Staff very helpful. Breakfast very good. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I only stayed here on night before heading home. It's a nice quiet hotel where there's no noise from the airport. However, you can hear the sounds of the trains in the distance, which to me was a real plus as the romance of the rails in the distance lulled me to sleep. The hotel is clean, it's comfortable, and the breakfast is typical for Fairfield Inn. The shuttle will get you to and from the airport. This is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Wayne R
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed here as a two-night stop on a trip driving from the Napa Valley to Los Angeles. We planned to spend a day sight-seeing in San Fran and chose this area because the rate was less expensive than staying in the downtown area. It is very close to a major BART station. We took the train from there to the Union Square area (about a 25 minute ride) and rode back after our sight-seeing was done. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. We liked that there were so many non-chain restaurants in the area to choose from. We like to try local places when we can while traveling. We ate dinner at a Vietnamese place that was quite good. The room was fairly spacious and clean. But the a/c unit was very loud and interrupted my sleep. I had to get ear plugs for the second night. We felt safe taking a walk around at night.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank karatesnowgirl
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millbrae
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Aloft San Francisco Airport
The Westin San Francisco Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites San Francisco-Burlingame-Airport South
Millwood Inn & Suites
Millwood Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Millbrae

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport/Millbrae? Share your experiences!