“Okay for neighborhood bar but too noisy for talking”
Review of Sixteen Mile House

Sixteen Mile House
Ranked #11 of 96 Restaurants in Millbrae
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Tracy,CA
“Okay for neighborhood bar but too noisy for talking”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Nice place if you desire a neighborhood bar locale...parking is at a very high premium especially on Friday or Saturday nights...As soon as you walk in you are immediately in the bar area and the band is right there as well. Too small and noisy when the band is playing and it is LOUD...I am not sure if the restaurant part is better since it is away from the band/bar area but you can also order food in the bar area as well but the seating is not very conducive for conversing and eating and enjoying the company there.

• Visited April 2014

Silicon Valley
“Disappointed and Surprised in Business with Long Time Local History”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Having known about the 16 Mile House being around forever, I ate there for the first time a few days ago. Before going in, I looked at the posted menu outside the front door and noticed it to be a bit pricey. I noticed they had a varied menu and I was sort of in the mood for something on the "up-scale" side, so with a friend decided to give it a try. Our plan was to order 1 dinner and split it because that fit our appetite - so we did and had separate salads and wine. The menu had salmon and bass shown as a special, so we ordered the bass after being informed the salmon was farm raised. We got a baked potato - very dry, tough skin and dark inside - non-edible, in my opinion. I complained to our waiter and he brought another which was the same. I told him to take a look, he sort of agreed and offered to substitute some rice pilaf, which he did, and it was o.k. The Fish/Bass was completely dry, flaky and unappetizing. We took one bite out of the fish and left the rest. I couldn't believe how unappetizing it was. Our salads were good, spinach was good, along with good French bread. The owner came over to our table and offered to substitute some Salmon, but not favoring farm raised salmon, we declined. I realize any restaurant can have a bad night, and reading other reviews very favorable to this restaurant, I hesitated to post this unfavorable experience; however, it seems that restaurants that set their prices at the level that this restaurant does, owe their customers a better experience than we had.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank McClintock
Salisbury
“Sonia the waitress is a marvellous asset to this establishment”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant by a couple we met in our hotel. At the Sixteen Mile House there is a bar, a karaoke bar next door and a restaurant. It's comfortable but not stuffy. We had terrific steaks; perfectly cooked and served with freshly prepared fries and sauteed spinach. The sourdough bread was delicious and came with real butter (even Morton's give you that horrid white whipped stuff).
Sonia the lovely German waitress has worked here for 36 years and is a mine of information about the history of the Sixteen Mile House - it was initially a staging post that provided food, accommodation and a brothel years ago (not all staging posts provided food, accommodation or other). She's seen the place change ownership many times and we think she is a terrific asset. Thank you Sonia for taking such good care of two tired English travellers.

Visited June 2014
Nags Head, North Carolina
“Close to airport after picking up my hysband.”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Great steak and primerib dinner after 7 pm airport pick up. Great service and great food! Loved the bread and ice tea!

San Bruno, CA
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We sort of had a hiatus in going there for a few years because it was always noisy, but since Peter took over we went back and do not regret it. The food is excellent, the wait staff is very personable, and Claire, the bartender is adorable. Christopher isn't too bad either. The atmosphere reminds me of an old San Francisco Italian restaurant. They do have bands on Friday nights so it is pretty noisy, but not bad in the back. He has a beautiful fish tank with gorgeous fish and Peter takes great pride in that. And it is kind of peaceful looking at the fish.

• Visited May 2014