“Good Fancy Chinese Food”

Hong Kong Flower Lounge
Ranked #4 of 96 Restaurants in Millbrae
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Moss Beach, California
“Good Fancy Chinese Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

It has been awhile since we ate here. I loved the Honey walnut prawns. It was a special occasion, so worth the splurge!e

1 Thank Cid Y

Denver CO USA
“An Authentic Taste of China in Millbrae”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

I've been to the Hong Kong Flower Lounge many times over the past 10 years. They are a staple in my restaurant knowledge of the Bay area from all my travels to San Fran when I have Corporate meetings, etc. Whether by myself, or with colleagues, I love to go to this restaurant for what feels like an authentic experience to me. Anytime the menu is first in Chinese, followed by an English translation, you know its going to be good.

We ordered four great dishes: shrimp fried rice, beef short ribs, walnut prawns, and chicken with black bean sauce. They were all delicious. In fact, the chicken with black bean sauce is now my favorite dish there, and the shrimp fried rice was so fresh I could have eaten the entire plate on my own. Maybe next time I will go by myself and do just that.

The service here is excellent. The food hot and fresh. I doubt you could go wrong with any item on the menu. When you walk in the door they have fish tanks filled with tilapia, alaskan king crabs, dungeness crabs, lobster, and other seafood for your fresh seafood experience. I highly recommend this place to those who want seafood or those who want chinese food.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank JJBlondie
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Feels like in Hong Kong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

The quality of food is consistently Hong Kong! The ambience with food coming out on carts remains a welcome sight. Every time I fly into SFO perhaps once in 2 years, it will be lunch and dinner at Flower Lounge! They are extremely busy so that tells you that despite the years, their standard of food remains top quality!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank carissae
Mississauga, Canada
“great chinese food in Milbrae, California”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

We got the supreme seafood soup, a rice dish and some veggies. Sorry I forgot the names of the entree. This is the second time Ive been here and like it a lot. The portions are big and the 3 dishes above was enough for two people and some more to take home.

• Visited February 2012
San Diego, California
“food is not as good as before, and terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

My family visited Hong Kong Flower Lounge in Milbrae before and was excited to visit again for dim sum on Dec. 30, 2011, we waited about 40 minutes during lunch hour, which is not too bad for a populer restaurant like this one, but the lunch experence was a total disappointment.

the stuff were not polite and talked on the phone a lot, there were not that many dim sum variaties and we had to wait for almost anything we want, my family were not happy. what made me to rate Hong Kong Flower Lounge in Milbrae "Terrible" is that I asked a guy in black suit for a certain sweet porridge (xi mi lu), he said they didn't have, but can give some red or green bean porridge, so I agree to try. These red or green bean porridges are not on their menu, are normally FREE for dessert, a lady handed us one very small bowl (size of a tea cup) of red bean and one very small bowl ofr green bean porridge. and she stamped them for 2 small dim sum entries. when I questioned both the lady and the guy in black suit, they were very rude and said that's what it is, and walked away, later the guy in black suit came back and said he can bring some more porridges...but the behaviour was very insincere and deceitful.

this probably will be our last visit.

• Visited December 2011