“This was the ideal place for me tonight.”
Review of The Dylan at SFO

The Dylan at SFO
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Millbrae
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I didn't know where to stay in SFO but I ended up in the right place. My room at the Dylan is cute, clean and the shuttle from the airport picked me up quickly. The best part was the assistance Mike, the employee at The Dylan, provided. Not only was he very welcoming but he went out of his way to help me plan the rest of my trip. I highly reccomend The Dylan and I hope you are fortunate enough to visit when Mike is working.

• Stayed: October 2013
There are newer reviews for The Dylan at SFO

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Recently, my husband and I had a stop-over night in San Francisco. We found The Dylan online, and upon arriving in our room, were very pleasantly surprised! The freshly remodeled decor was very attractive, and the non-smoking environment was just that! Completely smoke free! We availed ourselves to the SFO shuttle service which was timely and fast. In addition, their breakfast was attractively arranged, complete, and tasty! I would highly recommend this hotel. We had a wonderful stay.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I chose the Dylan as they were close to SFO and had great reviews on Tripadvisor. I needed a place for the night before a flight back home. Well, the reviews don't lie: the hotel is clean, comfortable and close to SFO. They run a free 24 hour shuttle to SFO (which is shared with another hotel) that came exactly on time (you reserve a time the night before). The layout is a bit meandering, with both older and new rooms, and some of them are off interior halls, and others off exterior corridors. They serve a wonderful continental breakfast each morning, with coffee and tea available 24 hours. And they have fresh baked cookies in the afternoon. Oh: and they are only a block or so from the Millbrae BART and Caltrain stop. Location, Location, Location.

And they have incredibly friendly and accommodating staff, especially Mike (who works the night shift). At 3:00 in the morning on my departure date, I realized that I had come down with an incredibly nasty stomach bug. There was no way that I could fly. I called the front desk and spoke to Mike who was incredibly sympathetic and told me that they would make sure that I had a room for another night if I needed to change my flight. Knowing that, I did change my flight to the following day and called Mike back. While my rate unfortunately went up a few dollars for the extra night (I had a great deal on my initial stay), Mike did change things around so that I could stay in my same room. And he told me about the Walgreens across the street where I could buy some soup and staples for the day. The soup and crackers worked, and I flew out the next day. I also had the pleasure of talking to Mike while waiting for the shuttle the next day (he works the night shift) and he is a real gem. Friendly, knowledgeable, entertaining, and engaging. I think everyone who stays at the Dylan should make sure to get up early just to say hello to Mike!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the "new wing."
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Great find, recommend highly, most convenient hotel I've found for visiting SF and the Valley without renting a car. Deluxe King is a very good value IMHO compared to major chain airport hotels nearby, since room is just as nice and it includes shuttle, wifi, coffee maker and frig in room, breakfast and walkable to local transport. Five minutes from airport; I arrived and departed late evening, both times the free shuttle came quickly and took 6-7 minutes to hotel. Two blocks from Caltrain and BART with frequent service, good Japanese restaurant and Chase bank right next door. Deluxe King room was well-appointed, spacious and clean; Free WiFi worked well; Pretty quiet, although I could hear the Caltrain whistle now and then (No problem sleeping though...); Breakfast was standard Hampton-Inn level, good and as expected, limited options (one or two types of cereal, bread, fruit, etc), no hot food other than a waffle maker.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Hotel was perfect for our 1 night stay close to the airport. Good, clean room. Comfy beds! Conveniently located by the airport, grocery and pharmacy. Breakfast was just perfect enough to get you going. And the wifi was killer! Can't ask for much more!

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We stayed here our first night in San Francisco. We had a late flight in that was made even later by wx delays, and arrived at SFO after 1am. I called the hotel and Mike could not have been more helpful. He sent the free shuttle over, and we were at the hotel in less that 15 min. The room was very nice. Looked recently updated with comfortable bed and pillows, big shower, and nice towels. I would highly recommend this hotel...great service, very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Clean, comfortable (just refurbished), inexpensive hotel with friendly staff and a good breakfast buffet. The real win is that it is a short walk to the BART station, so for $8.60 you are in San Francisco (Powell Street for the cable car, or Embarcadero for the Piers). The BART runs every 15mins and is clean and well used and appeared very safe. The savings we made by not staying within the city, gave us extra spending power for shops and Pier39 whilst allowing us easy access to the airport on arrival and departure.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millbrae
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
Aloft San Francisco Airport
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport - Burlingame
The Westin San Francisco Airport

Been to The Dylan at SFO? Share your experiences!