“N” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Dylan at SFO

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Dylan at SFO
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Millbrae
GreenLeadersBronze level
“N”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Greta rooms, ok breakfast, not a lot of choices but there were waffles. Great guest services the rooms were very clean and beds were comfortable.. The only reason I didn't give it five stars was because there was no security. Anyone could access the rooms.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank LoisLevar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We booked our 2 night stay based on Trip Advisor reviews, location and cost - everything exceeded our expectations - after a long flight from Australia we were very impressed when the free shuttle arrived 1 minute after we arrived at the pick up spot - the shuttle driver was extremely friendly and gave us some good tips re the BART etc. Check in was easy although the gentleman was not very friendly - our room was great, 2 large beds, spacious bathroom, safe and very quiet. There were plenty of choices for eating in close proximity to the hotel and the free breakfast was good - the breakfast room was quite small but we waited and were able to get a table both mornings - a good breakfast set us up for the day. We caught the BART into San Francisco for the day and it was very easy to catch the train both ways - not far to walk from the hotel. Free wifi was great, we booked the shuttle to the airport the day prior to leaving and decided to catch an earlier shuttle to make sure we were on time - the shuttle was a little late but didn't affect our flight. All in all this is a hotel that most people would drive past and not bother to check into, however it has been refurbished to a very good standard and for us was certainly good value for money. I would highly recommend the Dylan to anyone wanting to avoid the high hotel prices in San Francisco. Thanks !!

Green Features: Great to see hotels caring about the environment - well done.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TurbillsonTour
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I arrived at the hotel around 10 pm. and was very hungry.. The front desk manager was kind enough to get me something to eat from the kitchen : 2 bagels, cream cheese, yoghurt and jam. There was no other place open at that time and I really appreciated the effort to feed me.
My room was very spacious and the bed was very comfortable. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Get a room with a ref and microwave. It is more convenient .
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank mycarm11
Boynton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We picked this hotel for its excellent location (1 mile from SFO and two blocks from the BART station), its 24 hour airport shuttle and its good reviews on Tripadvisor. However, it offered much more. The room had recently been refurbished and was very modern. The breakfast in the small lobby had many choices and the area was very clean. However, we very disappointed with the front desk staff. We had an 11AM international flight and scheduled the complimentary shuttle for 9AM thinking it was only a short ride to the airport. The next day we arrived in the lobby at 8:50AM and were waiting quite a while for the van. We asked the gentleman at the desk (who had taken our request the day before) what was holding up the van. He then told us that if you ask for the van for 9, it means between 9 and 9:15. If he had told us that, we would have scheduled the van for earlier. Also when I again asked the status of the van, he just kept repeating it comes between 9 and 9:15 and did nothing. In fact another guest could no longer wait and took a private cab. The van eventually came with many passengers from another hotel and we were lucky that our terminal was the first stop. I am sure management is aware of the security problems at any airport and the need to be early to any flight. The front desk should inform all guests of the way the shuttle operates. I am sorry to have to write this because in all other aspects, the hotel fulfilled all our needs.

Room Tip: Make sure to make sure your room has been renovated.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Janice621
Richardson, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I was planning a biz trip for a conference and wanted to stay in SanFran. However, my company wasn't going to pay the money for me to stay in SanFran - I needed to regroup. I did some research, and picked The Dylan because it was in my price range, had good reviews, and I could get to SanFran in my rental car without going over a bridge.

This place is SO MUCH BETTER than that..... The combination of the staff, the excellent updating, a comfortable feel, a nice neighborhood, and proximity to the airport, BART, restaurants, and downtown SanFran make this a GREAT place..... I don't think I've felt this comfortable at a hotel in a long, long time. I could go on and on, but that would be repetitive....

I didn't realize I could walk to the Millbrae BART station when I booked the hotel, but that was a very pleasant surprise. I didn't use the train everyday, but it helped a couple of times when I needed to travel in prime time, and avoid that nasty traffic.

There are some very nice Vietnamese, Thai, Japanese, and other restaurants very close - a quick walk or a short drive.

I was here for business, but I noticed some couples staying here that were clearly on vacation.

You can't go wrong...stay here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Astoria, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

I recently returned from a trip where my husband and I stayed at the Dylan. I was interested in doing touristy things but knew little about ow to get around. Dave was working the front desk and he was very helpful in helping me determine what sites to see, where to eat and how to get around. I was so pleased to have him go the extra mile for me. Our room was nice, large and reasonably priced. I will definitely be back again. Maybe next time he can do something about the rain.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kelley H
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed here one night before embarking on a road trip, then decided to re-book for the end of our trip before we flew back out to London. I booked based on tripadvisor reviews.

First time was better than the second. We were on the 1st floor, double room. Very clean, all the amenities you need - hairdryer, iron, USB charging ports, WiFi. Nicely decorated. Nice clean bathroom - that is a major thing for me who is a little OCD! A tiny bit noisy with the traffic and train station being next door.

We booked the second time for the last leg of our trip. We were expecting a similar room to the one we had the first time. This time on the 3rd floor. Older room, Bathroom was dated, a lil mouldy, nowhere as nice as our first stay but OK.

Location is very close to airport, lots of shops and restaurants near by and of course the train station which is couple minutes walk but super convenient to get into the city. Free parking too.

Breakfast was sufficient, option of cereals, waffles, toast, bagels, eggs, juices, fruit, tea and coffee.

Not much interaction with the staff, but on our last morning, whilst having breakfast, which is right next to the front desk, there was a very annoying member of staff who was having a very loud personal conversation with another member of staff at the front desk. Not very professional.

I would book again if I get a newer room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank GGB82
Christina O, Owner at The Dylan at SFO, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
We thank this guest for taking the time to write a review of our hotel including the kind words they have shared. We have worked tirelessly over the past 18 months to improve our property which includes all new guest room furniture featuring electric outlets with USB ports built into the night stands and desk. We just want to clarify one point. During this long process, there were 4 bathrooms on the third floor which had not yet been updated due to previous time restraints. Unfortunately this guest upon their return stay was given one of those 4 rooms. Since their stay all 4 of these bathrooms have been completely remodeled so now all of our guest bathrooms like all of our guest room furniture have been updated. At the Dylan, we are committed to providing our guests with a quality stay in a fantastic location at a good value.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millbrae
BEST WESTERN PLUS El Rancho Inn
Millwood Inn & Suites
Millwood Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Millbrae
Aloft San Francisco Airport

Been to The Dylan at SFO? Share your experiences!