“Great stay and auto parking”

Millwood Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Millbrae
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The Millwood Inn was a great play for park and fly. Their park and fly package is a great deal since you can leave your car at the hotel for up to fourteen days. It is close to the airport on a main road in Millbrae with easy connection to highway 101. The room itself was great. The amenities were upscale and the bed was very comfortable. The desk lady was helpful and efficient at her job. To find a variety of places to eat you have to go down the road a bit. There is a Waffle House at the end of the block that serves home made food at amazing prices for the amount that you get. Also there was a Japanese and a Chinese eatery within walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Thanks for recommending us, Pamela! It's our goal to offer modern amenities and attentive service for a reasonable price. I'll be sure to let the staff know you appreciated their helpful service. Hope to see you again the next time you're flying out of SFO!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Beds...pillows...allow for awesome nights rest. We doubt you will find a more comfortable bed anywhere!!!! Very quiet with lots of local food establishments close by. Even though you get a free hot breakfast, you must try The Waffle House too. We felt very safe and walked the neighborhood. If you need a room for 1--6 people THIS IS the place. You may find "cheaper"... but you won't find the "comfort" this place gives. The owners/staff are awesome!!

Room Tip: Each room is quiet....just have to decide the type of room you need.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Hi Ron,

Thank you so much for your review. I'm thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us. It's our goal to offer our customers affordable rates while keeping our service helpful and attentive. Hope to see you again the next time you're in the San Francisco area!

Reviewed 5 April 2013

This is a nice place, comfortable rooms, good beds, free parking close to your room, but the rates here have gone up about 30% in the last 6 months. I would seriously look at the many alternatives on El Camino in Millbrae and San Bruno for a lot less money with similar value.

Room Tip: Stay away from the rooms in the corners of the U shaped room plan as they tend to be rather dark.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JPO2

Thank you for taking the time to review us. While I'm glad you find our rooms comfortable, I'm sorry you felt they were overpriced. We believe our rates are on par with similar hotels and inns in the area. We're committed to offering our guests clean and comfortable rooms that are still affordable.

Best,

Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night on way back from SE Asia. We needed a quiet clean room and that is what we got. What was special was the kindness of the proprietors. We left 2 hats which we had with us during our 10 week trip in Asia in the lobby. The owner drove to the airport to get them back to us. So again, thank you!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank mjroeser
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Thank you for sharing your story with everyone on TripAdvisor. I'm delighted to hear you found our staff exceptionally kind. We understand how stressful it is to lose something while traveling, so it was my pleasure driving to the airport to return your hats to you.

I'll be sure to pass along your kind message to the rest of the team. The next time you're staying in the San Francisco area, be sure to keep us in mind!

Reviewed 30 March 2013

Well maintained clean and comfortable.

The customer service was excellent they allowed us to check in at 9am after an early morning flight, they even called us when the shuttle arrived so we could start our day out in San Francisco.

The next morning we checked out at around 5 am and the lady at the desk offered us coffee and breakfast to go, again more great service.

I would defiantly recommend this hotel as the guest always comes first.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AmyPenno

Hi Amy,

Thank you so much for recommending us. We really do operate under the philosophy that our guests always come first. As such, I'm pleased to know you felt that way. The next time you're in the San Francisco area, be sure to keep us in mind!

All the best,

Reviewed 29 March 2013

I booked this based on the reviews here on TripAdvisor. With a 7:15 flight, we had to get an early start. Arrived in the afternoon and left at 5:15 am, and we left for most of the evening to go to a Sharks game, so we weren't here much. It was small but clean and quiet. However, the toilet backed up and I was offered a plunger because the woman at the desk was the only person on site. As we were about to leave to go into rush hour traffic to go to the game, I didn't have time to wait for her to finish her phone call and go get it. (Plus, I'm on vacation - I didn't expect to have to plunge the toilet of the room I was paying for.) So that night and in the morning we had a backed up toilet. I mentioned it in the morning at checkout and thought maybe I'd be offered a small adjustment on my bill but no offer. However, I still recommend this hotel for a short visit.

I have seen a number of comments about the location not being so nice. It's no resort area, but it also isn't downtown Newark, NJ, either.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank travelgirl88

Thanks for recommending us on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to know you found your room clean, quiet and comfortable. On the other hand, I apologize for the issues regarding your toilet. We usually take care of those kinds of issues, so I'm sorry you were left to handle it on your own. I'll be sure to address your experience directly with the staff so that we can better serve our guests going forward.

Best,

Reviewed 28 March 2013

I booked this motel for two reasons. First, it was probably the closest to the International terminal as any other hotel. Second, for the prices charged, all the reviews on trip advisor said that this was a great little place to overnight while waiting for an international flight.

I was not disappointed. While the room was a little small, the details in the design and cleanliness of the room more than made up for it. The AC units, while wall units (which are typically noisy and clunky) were new - and QUIET. The room was immaculately clean. The bed was comfortable, and while the bathroom was small, again, it was well designed. The shower was pure heaven - the water pressure was great (unlike so many other hotels in California).

I was debating if I should skip breakfast and go straight to the Airport to eat. I'm glad I didn't. Breakfast, like the rest of the motel was a very pleasant surprise - they even had cheese omelets on their buffet!

This motel was just the ticket for my international layover. I'm not sure I would stay there for an extended length of time - because it's not located in the best neighborhood. But it was a surprisingly good place to overnight.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank David M
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Hi David,

Thank you for your review. I'm pleased to know we lived up to your high expectations. We put a lot of thought into the design of our rooms, so I'm glad you thought your room was clean, comfortable and inviting.

I hope you had a pleasant flight back home. The next time you're in the San Francisco area, be sure to keep us in mind.

All the best,
Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Millbrae
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Aloft San Francisco Airport
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport West
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
The Westin San Francisco Airport

Been to Millwood Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!