“A Hidden Jewel”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Millbrae
GreenLeadersSilver level
“A Hidden Jewel”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

What can I say, the hotel was way beyond expectations. It appeared as though it had just been renovated. Rooms are clean, bed was comfortable, two thicknesses of pillows to choose from, towels and linens appeared new, huge flatscreen TV, DVD and dish network. Wi-Fi was great. Parking was free and secure since the property surrounds it on three sides.

I saw some negative reviews below but it almost seems as though they were at a different hotel. This one is amazingly, I looked in other rooms on the way out they were immaculate. As far as noise is concerned, we ran our AC unit on continuous fan so that may have masked out some noise. We didn't hear any. Our room (119) was in a back corner under another room.

• Stayed September 2013
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
I know we already wrote to each other on Yelp, but I wanted to thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor as well. Looking forward to your next stay with us!

Best wishes,
Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 September 2013

The hotel itself is ok, I would say it’s a little better than a 2 star because of the interior fixtures. The real issue with this hotel is its lack of customer service, if you have any issues, don’t expect anyone will help you. We came to the hotel at 9pm with two young kids and lady at the front counter gave us a queen bed and was trying to charge us extra money to upgrade, even though I already have paid for 2 queens. The lady was like a robot and didn’t even care that a queen would not accommodate a family of 4. Next day when I complained to the manager, he said they are customer focused, but can’t explain why I had to sleep on a the floor of a dirty motel. I would stay far away from this dump; this place is like putting lipstick on a pig. The La Quinta inn across the street is way better and cheaper.

Room Tip: be warned, they will stick you with a single queen and not care if you have any kids. you better pr...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Sajan T
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Sajan,

I know we already wrote to each other on Yelp, but I wanted to reach out to you on TripAdvisor as well. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with us. As you know, you booked a room on Expedia with one bed. When you requested an additional roll away bed for your room, we were more than happy to provide it for you for the standard upgrade fee. Both you and I have confirmed this with a phone call to Expedia. For the future, please know that you can book double bed rooms on Expedia ahead of time. That way, you won't have to rely on a roll away bed. If you'd like to discuss this further, please don't hesitate to contact me at (650) 583-3935.

ottawa
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed for one night as we wanted to be close to the airport for an early morning flight. Room is very clean and quiet. Free shuttle to airport was great, on time and fast. The clerk who checked us in on the evening of Sept 1st was not very friendly though. You felt like every time you asked her a question that you were inconveniencing her. She offered no additional information, just only did what was required of her and didn't even crack a smile. The gentleman on duty the next morning was nice though.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor. While I'm glad you found your room clean and quiet, I'm alarmed to hear you thought our service was unfriendly. The last thing I want is for our guests to feel inconvenienced or unappreciated. I'll be sure to discuss your experience with the staff so that we can better serve our guests going forward.

Minnesota
Reviewed 2 September 2013

10 miles south of downtown San Francisco. Very nicely remodeled rooms. Clean, well appointed, comfortable. Great breakfast included: make your own waffles, eggs, sausage, coffees, etc. Pleasant front desk staff. on a busy road, but we heard no noise and we were right next to the road. Got it on Hotwire for $144 including taxes, 3 stars . Very nice place to spend a night. Great location for traveling south to Monterey or spending the day in San Francisco.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for recommending us! It's our goal to offer clean and comfortable rooms at a competitive rate. The next time you're traveling through the Bay Area, be sure to keep us in mind!

Take care,
Oklahoma City
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Inn & Suites does not describe this. It is a motel. The room was clean and the free breakfast was decent. The beds were not super comfortable, but adequate. Close to airport. However, I don't care for motel-type lodging with exterior doors and dated furnishings and for that reason would not stay here again. Will suffice if you arrive late and take an early flight out.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank pattkatt
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us. While I'm glad you found our room clean and appreciated our convenient location, I'm disheartened to hear you don't plan on staying with us again. Even though we're just a small independent inn, we do our best to offer our guests a wonderful experience. If there's any steps we can take to improve, please let me know.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stayed here for one night after flying in to SFO Airport. The place was spotlessly clean and staff were efficient. We had a three room suite and the beds were good and rooms dark, air con worked well etc.

The only bugbear we had was the airport shuttle which had left 5 mins early when we arrived, meaning we had to wait at the airport with our 4 young children after a 10 hour flight. Having said this, the staff were good at helping me catch it to the airport to pick up the rental car in the morning.

Breakfast was decent with a good range of cereals, waffles, pastries etc.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dan,

Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to know you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I'll be sure to let the staff know you appreciated their helpful and efficient service as well.

The next time you're traveling through SFO, be sure to keep us in mind!

Leduc
Reviewed 17 August 2013

My family and I had an overnight stop through the San Francisco Airport. We only had an 8 hour stopover so we waned something close to the airport with breakfast included. We had a late check in (1:00am) and the front desk processed us very quickly. The room was great. The double beds were very comfortable and there was a pullout couch in the sitting room that was perfect as our two teenagers did not want to share a bed. They had a full complimentary buffet breakfast that was excellent. They had make your own waffles, toast, fresh muffins, cold cereals, and a hot plate with eggs, sausages, and hash browns. I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Thank you recommending us, Kevin! I know how tiring traveling can be, so I'm glad to know you had such a restful stay with us. The next time you're traveling through the area, be sure to keep us in mind!

Take care,
Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millbrae
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
The Westin San Francisco Airport
Aloft San Francisco Airport
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport West
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront

Been to Millwood Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!