“Perfect place”

Millwood Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Millbrae
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

This place was cozy clean all updated very good free breakfast not like the big chains.you park right near your room no long walks up 30 floors everything is close like a 1950,s hotel but all updated ,all amenities you could ask for , excellent place

• Stayed: September 2013
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Thank you for recommending us! It's nice to know you appreciate all that we've done to make our inn modern and comfortable for our guests. The next time you're in the Bay Area, be sure to keep us in mind!

There are newer reviews for Millwood Inn & Suites

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Excellent standard of accommodation for the value offered, with the convenience of proximity to SFO. Bedroom very well appointed, spacious, and with comfortable bed. Also very substantial breakfast. Nothing to fault at all.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

This is wonderful to read! Thanks so much for the five stars. We'd love to see you again if you're ever back in the area.

All the best,

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We stayed at the property twice during our stay in San Fran. Loved every aspect of this place. Clean rooms, modern updates, friendly staff, great location to airport, wonderful breakfast, very quiet rooms and great walking location to local shops and restaurants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay in room with only one floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Hi Keith,

Thank you so much for recommending us. Knowing that you loved every aspect of our inn is the greatest compliment. The next time you're in the Bay Area, be sure to keep us in mind!

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I arrived at 8ish after a long day on the road for work. I was turned off by the exterior but I'm glad I didn't pass on it. Once I was in my room, I didn't leave it.
The beds are really squishy and comfy if you're into that sort of thing. The room is clean and updated. The tv is quite large and geez there are so many channels!
I thought I wasn't going to have time for the breakfast but I snuck it in before heading to the airport at 6:30 am. The spread was decent for the price. Pre-made omelettes isn't my deal but the waffles and cereal are good choices.
Great place!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for recommending us! I'm thrilled to hear you found your room so comfortable. I hope you keep us in mind the next time you're traveling through San Francisco!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Millwood is a hop, skip and jump from San Francisco airport!! The rooms are beautiful and comfortable! The bathroom was so clean, I took a fabulous bath! The breakfast is fantastic. Parking is free. Many good restaurants or fast food within walking or a short drive.All in all, an excellent Inn and location!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I found this small independent hotel on Trip Advisor! Excellent location about 5 minutes from SFO. About 20-25 minutes from San Francisco. Clean rooms, no musty smell. We stayed here one night before our cruise and one night after our cruise. Both times our rooms were clean, and breakfast was great. We were able to to an early check in with no additional charge. The front desk staff were professional. Lobby and breakfast area was neat and clean. There is no pool, but we weren't there to swim...the only drawback (and why I could not give it a 5 star) is the walls are thin and you could hear the conversation and television coming from the room next door. Not that I could hear every word, but I did hear the sounds of people talking. It was nice not having a pool. Very quiet surroundings and a plus this place is one block from MIllbrae Pancake House....AMAZING!

Room Tip: Room 124 had a bigger closet than Room 103. We stayed one night pre-cruise in August and one night p...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thank you so much for recommending us on TripAdvisor. As a small independent business, we appreciate your support. From our flexible check in times to our clean rooms, we do what we can to ensure a pleasant stay for our guests. I hope you keep us in mind the next time you're traveling through SFO!

Reviewed 8 September 2013

What can I say, the hotel was way beyond expectations. It appeared as though it had just been renovated. Rooms are clean, bed was comfortable, two thicknesses of pillows to choose from, towels and linens appeared new, huge flatscreen TV, DVD and dish network. Wi-Fi was great. Parking was free and secure since the property surrounds it on three sides.

I saw some negative reviews below but it almost seems as though they were at a different hotel. This one is amazingly, I looked in other rooms on the way out they were immaculate. As far as noise is concerned, we ran our AC unit on continuous fan so that may have masked out some noise. We didn't hear any. Our room (119) was in a back corner under another room.

• Stayed: September 2013
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

I know we already wrote to each other on Yelp, but I wanted to thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor as well. Looking forward to your next stay with us!

Best wishes,
Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Millbrae
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport West
Aloft San Francisco Airport
The Westin San Francisco Airport
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame

Been to Millwood Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!