“Comfortable & Clean!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco, California
“Comfortable & Clean!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Cozy little inn that is clean & affordable. Beds are very comfortable and the property is well maintained. They offer breakfast included with your hotel night stay - and they've got a good spread for kids and adults! Free WiFi. Easy parking.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dj-Marq
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thanks for recommending us! It's our goal to offer our guests clean and comfortable rooms for an affordable price. I hope you keep us in mind the next time you're traveling through SFO!

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 November 2013

arrived late, so we wanted to stay in a hotel close to the airport for the night. based on tripadvisor feedback, we found this hotel of very good value.

the hotel room is newly furnished, neat and clean. even with jetlag, we managed to have some decent sleep. the breakfast is also nice. i enjoyed making my own waffle. and best of all, the hotel is so close to the airport.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wynsum
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor. Considering you'd just gotten off a long flight, I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed such a comfortable and relaxing stay. I hope you keep us in mind the next time you're traveling through San Francisco!

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Small Hotel near airport with friendly service, comfortable rooms and reasonably priced.
There is a shuttle available (no charge) every half hour to get you to the airport. There are a lot of restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tina S
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you Tina! It's our goal to offer our guests comfortable rooms and exceptional service for an affordable price. I hope you keep us in mind the next time you're traveling through SFO!

Essex,uk
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Had just arrived off an 11hr flight to sfo with my husband and young baby, hoped to get the shuttle bus to the hotel and sleep, went to the hotel shuttle bus pick up area and waited in the cold for an hour and a half!!! Rang the hotel four times in this time to be met with a rude and unsympathetic receptionist who kept telling us we must be missing the bus?? How when we didnt move Im not sure?? Even when I told her it was freezing cold and we had a baby with us she didnt seem to care and just kept repeating the same thing not listening to me. When eventually we did get to the hotel- we picked our car hire up a day early and drove ourselves!!! the room was nice and appeared clean until I decided to unwind with a nice hot bath and found it full of someone elses pubic hair! :-/ the sink also had a bit of dental floss in it, which seeing as neither myself or my husband use dental floss was quite disgusting. I checked the sheets and went straight to bed. On the plus side the breakfast was nice..

Room Tip: Check its clean first!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Zeva90
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
I'm shocked to hear you had such an unpleasant experience with us. I completely understand how frustrating it is to wait that long for a shuttle, especially after traveling that long with a baby. I agree that it's unacceptable to be met with rude service, and I'll be sure to address your experience with the front desk. I'll make sure to talk to our housekeeping staff as well. We normally clean our rooms very thoroughly, so there's no excuse for your bathroom to be left in that state. Hopefully, we'll be able to learn from our mistakes to prevent your experience from happening again.

Best,
La Mirada, California, United States
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Got a two-room suite ... with wife & 4 kids. Very good place to stay and explore SF. Rooms are very quiet and service is efficient and friendly. Close to many good eateries and Safeway too :) Hot breakfast is ok ... pastries, waffles, bacon/sausage, potatoes, etc. Loved the small but sufficient fitness room and also with 4 small kids - the laundry room within the hotel is very helpful :)

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank DanielMelody L
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thanks Daniel! I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I'll be sure to let the staff know you appreciated their friendly and efficient service. The next time you're in the Bay Area, be sure to keep us in mind!

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Having stayed here as a hotel near SFO on a business trip, I looked at it again as a place to stay for visiting San Francisco as it is half the price of downtown hotels, and I was very pleased again with the hotel.
The beds are comfortable, and the place feels secure. The wifi works well, and the rooms have good facilities, with a safe, fridge and microwave - I particularly appreciated the plentiful tea and coffee making facilities!
One feature which I grew to appreciate after some awful other experiences was the breakfast. Choice is limited, but it has a decent selection and you feel reasonably satisfied with what is there.
How happy you feel with the service depends on who is at the front desk, as I had mixed experiences with how helpful the staff were - but they varied between ok and great.
For a hotel near SFO - I would say don't look further, the good shuttle service to and from airport and the general quality of the hotel make it a no brainer. For a base for the city? That depends on how much you mind the BART experience versus how much you mind the extra cost of a city hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you so much for recommending us on TripAdvisor. As a small independent inn, we work hard to make sure our guests enjoy a comfortable and pleasant stay. From our airport shuttle to our delicious breakfast, I'm glad you were completely satisfied. Looking forward to your next stay with us!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 October 2013

The Millwood was our first stop on a family trip to California in August this year, and I have to say it was a great place to stay. Our party was made up of 7 adults and 6 children and we hired 4 rooms, all of which were appointed to an excellent standard and well maintained. In fact one of the rooms was upgraded to a suite as the booked room was not available. The rooms were cleaned on a daily basis and had all the main facilities you may need including a microwave and a huge flat screen television! The free wifi was a great bonus and came in very useful for planning our trips around San Francisco. Vijay, the hotel manager, was brilliant. He assisted us with planning our time in San Francisco and gave us some good recommendations too. Breakfast was good, but a slightly larger breakfast room would have been useful on some days when quite a few guests turned up at the same time. The hotel is close to the airport, which can be very handy, and the personal touch that Vijay adds really makes it one to try.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. It was sincerely my pleasure recommending the best San Francisco attractions to visit. I hope you had a wonderful time in California, and I look forward to your next visit.

Best wishes,
Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millbrae
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Aloft San Francisco Airport
The Westin San Francisco Airport
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport West
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront

Been to Millwood Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!