Millwood Inn & Suites
Aloft San Francisco Airport(Millbrae)(Great Value!)
US$134
  • Pool
US$166
US$156
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$167
The Dylan at SFO(Millbrae)
US$136
US$132
US$190
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn(Millbrae)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$125
US$182
US$157
Ritz Inn(San Bruno)
US$144
Hotel Aura San Bruno(San Bruno)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$134
US$266
US$237
Hampton.com
All reviewsclose to the airportsan franciscowine houraverage breakfastwafflesfree breakfastdvd playerlaundry roomking suitesfo airportpancake housefridge and microwavenext morningrooms are cleanfresh fruitfree shuttlesmall room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2008

I just needed a park and fly hotel so I could leave my car for 4 nights with a free shuttle to San Francisco airport. The rate was high but not as high as some other park and fly properties. TripAdvisor rating was why I chose this property. The place is an old motel that has been updated so was pleasantly surprised. They did a pretty good job. The beds and couch hide-a-bed were both comfortable. There was a side room without a door, but did have a separate TV, chair, couch and ottoman for relaxing. My husband was able to work on his computer at the small desk in the main room and watch TV, while I watched another program.
Here is the problem for me with this place. The bathroom window bothered me, even though it was frosted glass. I wish it had a curtain. I felt exposed. You could open the sliding window but it opened into a tiny alley with construction rubbish (fire hazard). We were on the lower floor so I didn't feel safe either.
The computer in the lobby wasn't working as it had errors. I think it was running Windows 98! It was so slow as I was tring to stop the program running in error when I arrived at the computer. I gave up. I couldn't get the lobby printer to work from my room either. It wasn't seamless. So, I gave up trying to check in at the airline as I couldn't print my boarding pass.
The place was clean with new furnishings. There was a one cup automatic coffeepot, tiny refrigerator and microwave in the room. I appreciated the motel upgrading me without my asking to the larger room with the small side room that had the twin hide-a-bed. I am a snorer so it allowed me to sleep there to try to not wake my husband in the main room. It worked and the twin couch bed was fairly comfortable.
The motel was a small property but overall I was content. I would not stay in a lower floor room if I was by myself, however. I think there were only a few rooms on an upper floor at the end of the property.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2008

The location was excellent--access to San Fransisco, beaches, shops, other sightseeing. High quality details in furnishings and conveniences for guests. Excellent breakfast. Polite and friendly desk staff. Very good quality lodging for the price.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2008

I highly recommend the Millwood Inn and Suites when you are flying in or out of SFO! It really is an old motel that has been revamped, but the rooms are clean and pretty with lots of amenities including refrigerator, coffeemaker, etc... The staff were very friendly and helpful and the price is so much better than other comparable hotels in the area.

The only downside is that the pictures on the website make it look a little nicer than it is, which led to a bit of disappointment. Also, their free shuttle only runs every 30 minutes instead of every 15 like many of the other hotels, so you might have to wait a while if you are relying on the shuttle.

I highly recommend this place anyway, because for the price, it can't be beat.

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed 1 August 2008

I've stayed at this charming motel every time I have had a flight out of SFO! The room is, as other reviewers have mentioned, spotlessly clean and filled with amenities, coffee maker, nice toiletries, taffy from Shaw's Candies, etc. The breakfast is sumptious and plentiful. There is just an altogether good feeling in this place. The price is right, too. I checked on the internet for a quote and they quoted me the same price when I called their 800 number. I like that kind of consistency. I would recommend the Millwood Inn without hesitation.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2008

We stayed at the Millwood Inn for one night and very much enjoyed our stay.

First, the plusses:
- The motel is very near to the SF airport.
- We arrived around midnight, which was not a problem at all. The staff was very helpful.
- The room was very comfortable, with a VCR/DVD player, wifi and an ironing board. The beds were excellent!
- We especially liked the breakfast. It included eggs, fresh fruit and waffles.

Then, the "negatives":
- There is some noise from the road and the airport. For us this was not a problem, but if you're a very light sleeper, this is something to consider.
- The breakfast room was a bit small for the number of guests, four tables. At 9AM we had to wait and then share tables with others.

All in all, this is a very nice place to stay with an outstanding quality for its price class.

• Stayed: July 2008