“Comfy, spacious, & nice staff”

Millwood Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Millbrae
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cleveland, Ohio
“Comfy, spacious, & nice staff”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

The rooms are quite spacious and the bed was very comfortable, if you like softer beds. Everything looked clean and the outside decorations make the outside look festive and fancy. We had to check out at 4:30 in the morning to catch a flight and the worker let us eat breakfast there even though it didn't technically open until six. Try to get a second floor room because you can hear people walk around if you are on the first floor. There is also a nice exercise room. Very close to the airport! Highly recommend!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
"Comfy, spacious and nice staff" -- that really says it all! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like our staff really went above and beyond to accommodate you, so I'll have to thank them for their hard work. Next time you need a place to stay in the area, we'd love to see you again.

All the best,
Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Canada, Kentucky
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is a nicely restored motel property near to SFO. In my search for the perfect place to stay when transiting SFO, I came here recently. the rate was affordable compared to any other 'brand name' chain, and at least 40% below Marriott, Hilton and Hyatt (all in Burlingame).

The room was clean, quiet and the bed was comfortable.

But the wi fi was low bandwidth, making it almost impossible for me to keep up with work from my room. There was no wired alternative, only slow wi fi. Another communications problem occurred when a client phoned asking to speak with me. He was told I had already checked out, and I was in my room at the time.

These problems would affect business travelers more than leisure travelers, but they are a significant deterrent in my returning, especially when on business.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Human44
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thanks for sharing this review with us! While we're excited that you enjoyed your room here, we're disappointed to hear about your problems with the internet. We actually have wired connections in the hotel and high bandwidth WiFi -- it sounds like this must have just been a busy time as we rarely experience issues with this. As for the check-out problem, I apologize if there was some sort of mix-up. Our system would only tell us you had checked out if you'd let us know at the front desk, so I'm not sure how that happened. Next time you're in the area on business, I know we can make sure there are no communications problems -- I hope you'll give us another shot!

Best wishes,
Bern, Schweiz
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the millwood inn one week ago. The rooms were very clean, staff very friendly and the breakfast was more than what we had expected. Bart station is about 20min walk from the hotel but the hotel provides a shuttle bus service to the bart station at the internatinal airport. Only minus point was that the hot water was not working very well in our room.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Sangeeta86
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Glad we exceeded your expectations, Sangeeta! Clean rooms and friendly staff is music to our ears. Next time you're coming out to the Bay Area, we hope we'll see you again.

Have a great week,
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed here the night before our daughter and her family were to fly out very early in the morning so we decided to take a day in the city and stay close to the airport, 2 hours form home. The rooms were on the small side and so were the beds. My husband and I had to sleep on a full size bed. The beds were very very soft and we were told the next morning that we could have asked for them to place a board underneath the mattress for firmness. I believe the hotel only has full size beds in their rooms with 2 beds. We survived though! Overall it is a decent place and I am very picky about where I stay. The breakfast was decent too.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jtb05
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review us! We're glad we were a convenient stop on your way to the airport. Next time you need a cozy spot to stay, we hope you'll come back!

All the best,
Albany, New York
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stayed here as part of our overseas trip to Southeast Asia. A most pleasant location near the airport and BART to access downtown and the Wharf. The rooms albeit small but very very clean. And since this is just an overnight the size of the room is inconsequential. Their breakfast selection is more than adequate to satisfy any morning hunger. The staff is excellent and very helpful. The shuttle service to and from the airport is on time and easy to locate from the airport. Excellent place to stay with good restaurants nearby too.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bob C
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Excellent is what we love to hear! Thanks for such a kind review. We're thrilled that the room and breakfast were both up to your standards. How was the rest of your trip? Next time you're stopping through the Bay Area, we'd love to have you back.

Best wishes,
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 11 April 2014

You will hate this place if you don't like beds that feel like you're sleeping on soft, fluffy clouds. When I plopped down onto the bed, I kind of expected the typical "meh" kind of motel bed where it's just barely comfortable, and on the firm side. Instead, I sunk down onto the kind of bed that makes you want to go to sleep even if you are wide awake. Huge points for that because I'm pretty sure the majority of guests staying here are doing so before or after flights and need a good night's rest.

Also, a big plus for sleeping: the room gets nice and dark. Good curtains, and decent sound proofing. I never heard our neighbors, not even a toilet flush. Our room was right in front of the paved ramp, so aside from a few roller suitcases going by, that wasn't an issue.

You can tell the place has been around awhile, but it is kept up very well. The bathroom was nice and even the toiletries were decent. I liked having the mini fridge and microwave. They both came in handy when we stored our lunch leftovers to have after a late night return from a concert in Oakland.

The staff at the desk were great and very helpful with directions.

We did not get to have the complimentary breakfast though. It is served from 6:30-9:30am, but we slept in after being out late and had to pack up for our noon flight. Had the breakfast been served a bit later (10:30-11am) we would've been able to take part. I guess that's my only "complaint."

If we ever need to stay near the SFO airport, this will for sure be our first choice of hotels.

Lunch tip: The Sandwich Spot is very good. It's right off El Camino Real on Park Place.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Remgirl1
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
I'm so glad to hear you loved our beds! We've been around since 1974, and that's been due to providing a comfortable place for guests to stay while visiting the area. I wish you could've tried the complimentary hot buffet breakfast while visiting, but I hope you'll be able to on your next visit! I'll also keep the feedback on breakfast hours, which are currently 6 am till 9:30am, in mind, too. Thanks for reaching out, and I look forward to having you back again!

Safe travels,
Lansing, Mi
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed at the Millwood Inn & Suites from Saturday, March 01, 2014 - Saturday, March 08, 2014.
What a great place !!! The owner, Vijay Patel, takes great pride in this property, and so does his staff. I met him in the parking lot, told him I had read other reviews of the Millwood Inn & Suites, before booking. As we were talking he asked if I had any thoughts on making improvements, I suggested adding blinds to the existing window coverings, he asked me to follow him...he showed me a room in which they were installing privacy shades !!! This guy is great !!! Cleaning staff is fantastic...during our week long stay our room was always left very clean and orderly fashion, I also noticed the staff cleaning the concrete floor boxes that adorn the parking lot area. The breakfast items are what you would get at any Choice, Hampton, etc. The Inn is located close to several restaurants (many within walking distance). Highly recommend the Millbrae Pancake House, right next door.
Many thanks to Vijay, and his entire staff !!!
Mark M. Lansing, MI

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mpmiller
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
It was great meeting you, Mark! As a small independent inn, I really appreciate you taking the time to recommend us on TripAdvisor. All of us sincerely want our guests to enjoy a fantastic stay, so I appreciate your suggestion about the blinds. Looking forward to your next stay with us!

Take care,
Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millbrae
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
The Westin San Francisco Airport
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Aloft San Francisco Airport
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport West

Been to Millwood Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!