“wonderful stay all around”

Millwood Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Millbrae
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 May 2009

the room was adorable, the bed was comfy, and the service from the front desk was excellent. satisfied all around.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 May 2009

I live down on the central coast and had to be in SF for an early meeting one morning, so I stayed at Millwood the night before. The room was small but really nice, a cut above most "motels," and I was surprised at the buffet they put out for breakfast. I had no problems with noise (though I do run the fan all night), everyone was very nice -- I couldn't have been more pleased with it. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2009

I stumbled on this motel by accident, surfing the travel sites. I was intrigued by their "park and fly" option for a trip to New York, but I needed a room when I returned late at night, not a room preceding my trip. No problem! They offered me a "reverse park and fly." I left my car and car keys with them when I flew out and a week later arrived home dead tired for a quick shuttle ride to the motel and a good night's rest in a wonderfully clean and comfortable room. I drove the 60 miles home the next morning, fully refreshed and very happy.

Since the motel is pretty close to the San Francisco Airport, the location is pretty average and it would be easy to drive past thinking it's just another run-down motel that grabs business from a flow of unsuspecting airport business. Nothing could be farther from the truth. From the outside the look is modest. Inside, the rooms themselves are large, modern, comfortable, well-equipped for traveler needs, and super clean.

This place is an unbelievable value as close as it is to the SF Airport. I'll take the rooms here any day over the overpriced, superficial glitz of the "name" establishments. I don't fly much anymore, but this motel is my place of choice from now on whenever I fly to or from San Francisco. I liked it so much I'm telling my friends about it. Oh....even though it's on El Camino Real---a very busy street by day---at night there is very little noise. I was very tired when I arrived home and could probably have slept through thunder, but things were still quiet when I checked out a 8:30 AM.

The people are really nice and I give this motel the highest marks in all respects. If you feel the need to tell your friends you stayed at the "Glitzarama," go there. Save this neat place for the rest of us.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 April 2009

This is a very comfortable and well run hotel. The rooms are well appointed and scrupulously clean. The included breakfast is very good. I particularly like their Park&Fly program, which works very well. When I need to stay overnight before a flight from San Fransisco there is nowhere else to stay. The have a smiling , friendly, and courteous staff.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 January 2009

We booked at the Millwood Inn for a "Park and Fly" package in which we stayed Saturday night (1/11/09), left our car in the parking lot for a week, flew out of SFO and picked up our car on Sunday (1/18/09). Upon arrival the property is clean, the receptionist at the front desk is knowlegeable, professional and pleasant and the policies in place for leaving your car for an extended period of time leave you with no worries that your vehicle will be well looked after and safe. The airport shuttle service they use (JnJ) is very good and we've had pleasant experiences with them before. They were right on time for going to the airport at 5:50 a.m. and upon our return, we called, they said 10 minutes and the shuttle was there in 1 minute (no exaggeration!)
The room itself was clean, furnishings seem to be relatively new and property maintenance is well done. The beds are VERY comfortable. We used to use the "park and fly" package at a different property in San Bruno and the area there became too rundown and frightening plus the upkeep on the property....well....there was none which led us to the Millwood Inn.
This was a very pleasant surprise. There is also a hot breakfast served in the lobby, however, our flight was too early so we weren't able to use that amenity.
The rates are very reasonable. I would highly recommend this property to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lawagz
Reviewed 8 December 2008

The Millwood Inn was a pleasant surprise. It had the ambiance of a motor inn of days gone by. The rooms were very neat and clean. Free self-serve breakfast offered many choices. Food quality was good, and the dining room was clean and inviting. The staff were helpful and courteous.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ThrifftyTraveler
Reviewed 7 December 2008

We booked this hotel after checking out the reviews on TA. We needed a hotel to bridge a hotel flight, and a drive to Napa. The Millwood Inn and suite seemed ideal, in terms of distance, budget and considering the overnight stay.

Getting there: From the airport, was a little bit of a loop thanks to our GPS babe trying to get us to turn left into a wrong side road, with oncoming traffic!!!. Otherwise pretty straightforward, on the main road.

Check in: Fast and efficient. Appreciated by all tired airline travellers.

Room: Small sized, funny smell, initially, but went off with the A/C. Complimentary coffee n maker, microwave, TV, air conditioner, and internet, was appreciated.

Breakfast: Small place, but reasonable spread- continental breakfast. It was nice to meet some friendly people at breakfast.

Parking: We could park right outside our room, that was a bonus, plus free parking. (which I think is standard for airport hotels)
Check out- We wanted to pay with traveller cheques, and they accomodated us.

We werent bothered with street or traffic noise, maybe because we had the air conditioner on, and also coming from a normal busy cityscape, didnt really find it different. Millbrae itself, though is not as friendly as San Francisco. As an example, when we stepped out for dinner (Zorba's pizza), we had to watch our step at each crossing- cars didnt stop for you, unlike SF where cars would stop for pedestrian, a courtesy we really appreciated.

Overall, a reasonable place for an overnight between flights.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millbrae
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Aloft San Francisco Airport
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport West
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
The Westin San Francisco Airport

Been to Millwood Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!