“worst hotel stay ever experienced”

Millwood Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Millbrae
GreenLeadersSilver level
Monterey
“worst hotel stay ever experienced”
Reviewed 5 August 2009

The clerks at the front desk were all ESL, so their English was very difficult to understand. The clerk on the evening of our arrival was rude. She insisted that my reservation was for another day, not the day before I was flying out of SFO. She stated that it was fortunate for us that there was one room available. The room smelled, the room's air conditioner was not working, the bed was lumpy and unconfortable... had a miserable night's sleep. The complimentary deluxe buffet breakfast that was included... I sure didn't see anything that look like a "deluxe buffet breakfast" My hotel stay was the worst experience and I would never come back to stay again nor recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sweetflwr
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 11 August 2009
This review does not reflect our property and is done purely to defame us. The Millwood Inn and Suites is well respected in the city of Millbrae and the area around the San Francisco International Airport. We are not accustomed to such reviews as this one. Our staff is well liked, our rooms are cleaned daily, and we have not had any complaints of any smells or other problems. The circuit breaker for the air conditioner did trip, however it was reset within a half hour. A circuit breaker tripping is out of the our control and can happen to anyone no matter where they stay, even in a home. Furthermore, we did not make any mistakes on the reservation. In fact, this couple had come two days prior to their reserved date. That is why this couple was was fortunate to have a room, because we were very busy during that week and they had come on a day that they had not reserved for, thus the room they requested was not available. Please do not hesitate to read previous reviews on the Millwood Inn and Suites, as they reflect our property in a more truthful manner.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York
Reviewed 1 July 2009

I flew into SFO from JFK and spent the night, meeting my sister at the airport the following morning. The room was clean, the service at the front desk friendly and the price was reasonable. The breakfast was better than a recent continental breakfast at a 3-star hotel in Northampton, MA...

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
Texas
Reviewed 27 June 2009

The hanging baskets which decorate the courtyard give a good impression on arrival. The room was well appointed and spotlessly clean. The breakfast was all we needed. We found the staff and manager friendly and helpful. The BART station is a short drive away where you can park your car for $1/day if you do not want to dive into San Francisco or other bay area locations. Overall we found the Millwood Inn excellent value.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Kansas
Reviewed 16 June 2009

Our room was very clean and had several amenities you don't normally see....like a pants press. We also found it convenient to be able to print our e-tickets right there. The breakfast was wonderful, with fresh fruit, bagels, rolls, muffins, waffles, and cereal we had a lot to choose from. The hotel is also close to the airport and has a free shuttle that will take you right to your terminal. We will definitely stay here again the next time we come to San Francisco. They even left mints on our nightstand.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Madison, WI
Reviewed 22 May 2009

the room was adorable, the bed was comfy, and the service from the front desk was excellent. satisfied all around.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Capitola, CA
Reviewed 14 May 2009

I live down on the central coast and had to be in SF for an early meeting one morning, so I stayed at Millwood the night before. The room was small but really nice, a cut above most "motels," and I was surprised at the buffet they put out for breakfast. I had no problems with noise (though I do run the fan all night), everyone was very nice -- I couldn't have been more pleased with it. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
Santa Rosa, CA
Reviewed 14 May 2009

I stumbled on this motel by accident, surfing the travel sites. I was intrigued by their "park and fly" option for a trip to New York, but I needed a room when I returned late at night, not a room preceding my trip. No problem! They offered me a "reverse park and fly." I left my car and car keys with them when I flew out and a week later arrived home dead tired for a quick shuttle ride to the motel and a good night's rest in a wonderfully clean and comfortable room. I drove the 60 miles home the next morning, fully refreshed and very happy.

Since the motel is pretty close to the San Francisco Airport, the location is pretty average and it would be easy to drive past thinking it's just another run-down motel that grabs business from a flow of unsuspecting airport business. Nothing could be farther from the truth. From the outside the look is modest. Inside, the rooms themselves are large, modern, comfortable, well-equipped for traveler needs, and super clean.

This place is an unbelievable value as close as it is to the SF Airport. I'll take the rooms here any day over the overpriced, superficial glitz of the "name" establishments. I don't fly much anymore, but this motel is my place of choice from now on whenever I fly to or from San Francisco. I liked it so much I'm telling my friends about it. Oh....even though it's on El Camino Real---a very busy street by day---at night there is very little noise. I was very tired when I arrived home and could probably have slept through thunder, but things were still quiet when I checked out a 8:30 AM.

The people are really nice and I give this motel the highest marks in all respects. If you feel the need to tell your friends you stayed at the "Glitzarama," go there. Save this neat place for the rest of us.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millbrae
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
The Westin San Francisco Airport
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Aloft San Francisco Airport
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport West

Been to Millwood Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!