“One of the best small hotels inMillbrae, San Francisco”

Millwood Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Millbrae
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 16 September 2009

Stayed in San Francisco a few times. This is by far the best hotel we have stayed at. Extremely convenient for the airport, spotlessly clean with lovely white fluffy towels! Also an excellent breakfast. The room has a microwave, fridge, DVD and Video Player with hundreds of TV channels for those who need this! Staff very friendly and Vijay Patel runs avery slick operation and at an excellent price. Last time in San Francisco we stayed at a Best Western hotel a couple of hundred yards south on the opposite of the same street and found this grubby and tired. Thank goodness we found Millwood Inn and Suites. Keep the service up Vijay, and we will be back!

Charles and Rhona, Inverurie, Scotland, UK.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Millwood Inn & Suites

Reviewed 30 August 2009

I stayed in Millwood Inn & Suites for one week for a business trip... At first i never expected a small hotel can gave me so much relaxing on my business trip..because i have much work to do.. I never thought im going to enjoy from the 1st day up to my last day in millwood inn & suites.. it was a small hotel BUT this hotel sohhh ELEGANT AND AFFORDABLE, the food is SO great..( and i thought the breakfast is just an ordinary juices and bread..but you can bake your own waffles and the coffee maker is UNIQUE the facilities is amacing, the staff our friendly.. all of them assist me without asking.. from the staff, frontdesk, manager.. its like im talking to mybestfriend - is so comfortable talking with them because you CAN see the SINCERITY when they assist me.... And I WILL SURELY recommend this Hotel to all myfriends and cllients.. AND surely evreytime i will come back to CALIFORNIA.. i will stay in MILLWOOD INN & SUITES!!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2009

Not sure about some of the negative reviews, but we agree with the majority. We stayed for a couple of nights & were treated with geat hospitality. The room we stayed in smelt fresh, was clean & the hand held shower was brilliant for us showering our kids down !! We are from the UK visiting the States on a summer break & have stayed in many motels this summer. This motel was by far the best we have stayed in for the price, love the welcoming flower baskets, Our room had a fridge & a microwave...a must if u have minors & need to store & warm up the milk !! The full HD TV was a nice surprise considering in some of the more expensive motels I have stayed in it was an extra. The inclusive breakfast was great, real eggs for a change, gave us all a nice, full, start to the day, we were not hungry until after lunchtime. Next time I'm in SF I am definately making a return visit to this motel.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2009

The stafff was most helpful. Breakfast was wonderful--the best ever! Shuttle service to airport was terrific. We were very pleased.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2009

....Good Breakfast too (love their waffles) the location isn't too far from the airport... very much affordable rates...Clean and friendly, approachable, well-mannered staff.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2009

Normally my wife likes to stay at Holiday Inn Expresses because of her work, but I wanted to try something new since it was our first time in San Francisco. When I pulled up my wife gave me that look. I explained that I booked this place because of the reviews on saw on tripadvisor. Well after the warm greeting from the front lady and walked into a delightful room, Jen was pleased with my choice. There was a lot of attention to detail that meets everyday travelers' needs. They also had full HD channel and that was very innovative. I have yet to see full HD at another hotel. The room was clean and the breakfast was like the ones at Holiday Inn Expresses. The Millwood Inn also has a cool coffee machine also I saw those other reviews as I am posting and I guess they expected a Fairmont or a Ritz Carlton. Not a Fairmont but definitely made my wife happy who is a frenquent travelor. We will definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2009

The clerks at the front desk were all ESL, so their English was very difficult to understand. The clerk on the evening of our arrival was rude. She insisted that my reservation was for another day, not the day before I was flying out of SFO. She stated that it was fortunate for us that there was one room available. The room smelled, the room's air conditioner was not working, the bed was lumpy and unconfortable... had a miserable night's sleep. The complimentary deluxe buffet breakfast that was included... I sure didn't see anything that look like a "deluxe buffet breakfast" My hotel stay was the worst experience and I would never come back to stay again nor recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sweetflwr
vjrp63, Manager at Millwood Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2009

This review does not reflect our property and is done purely to defame us. The Millwood Inn and Suites is well respected in the city of Millbrae and the area around the San Francisco International Airport. We are not accustomed to such reviews as this one. Our staff is well liked, our rooms are cleaned daily, and we have not had any complaints of any smells or other problems. The circuit breaker for the air conditioner did trip, however it was reset within a half hour. A circuit breaker tripping is out of the our control and can happen to anyone no matter where they stay, even in a home. Furthermore, we did not make any mistakes on the reservation. In fact, this couple had come two days prior to their reserved date. That is why this couple was was fortunate to have a room, because we were very busy during that week and they had come on a day that they had not reserved for, thus the room they requested was not available. Please do not hesitate to read previous reviews on the Millwood Inn and Suites, as they reflect our property in a more truthful manner.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Millbrae
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport West
Aloft San Francisco Airport
The Westin San Francisco Airport
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame

Been to Millwood Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!