“Stayed 2 separate times in a week; it's only OK”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport West
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Millbrae
Milwaukee, WI
“Stayed 2 separate times in a week; it's only OK”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We bookended our trip to Wine Country by staying in this hotel, based on it's convenience to SFO. I was hoping that it would have been a little nicer, based on previous guest reviews, but I can't say I would return again.

During our first stay, a Wednesday night, we barely got any rest at all. The walls between rooms are incredibly thin - so thin that on our first night, after arriving to the hotel at 1am, we were disappointed and frustrated to be able to hear the TV as well as every word of the conversation (in Spanish) of the room next door. I eventually had to turn on my computer and play some background music to try and get some sleep, though I didn't have much success.

On our subsequent stay a few nights later (Sunday night), I asked the front desk to be in a room away from other guests and described our poor experience a few days earlier. She said that they were fully booked - except for suites - but that if we had any trouble that night, she would move us at that time. Luckily we did not have any noisy neighbors and were able to get a much better night's rest at the end of the trip.

Overall, there are so many hotels near SFO that I would definitely try a different place next time. This place was fine, but not worth trying again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Arabic first
Colorado
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were in town to visit family for about a week. We arrived late on a Friday and the front desk had our key, parking pass, and room ready for us. The underground parking was convenient and easy to access. The hot breakfasts in the morning were probably the best part of our stay. The eggs and everything else was cooked fresh, there was a variety of food options (hot and cold), and we ate well every morning. The hotel location had easy access for us to get in to our family in San Francisco (Golden Gate Park, Cliff House, and the zoo), over the Golden Gate to Muir Woods, and down to Pier 39 and the boat to Alcatraz. Beds were comfortable and the room worked well for us. Staff was extremely pleasant and handled our incoming baggage well when the airline finally delivered it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ALR R
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for over 2 weeks. May 30 2014 to June 12 2014. We had an excellent stay here and just as good as our first La Quinta in seacaucus, New Jersey last year. The rooms are big and can comfortably fit 4 adults. I noticed some minor dark mildew build up in the bathroom wallpaper but other than that, the bathroom is kept very clean by the housekeeping. The beds are very comfortable, soft but supportive for the back. The breakfast included with room is also excellent. A choice of cereals,waffles, juices, coffee and scrambled with bacon or sausage. The breakfast room gets a little crowded from 8am to 9am. I don't see any room for expansion in this area. Our room had a full kitchen also which was nice so we could cook or bake our own food from a nearby Safeway . The hotel staff is also very efficient and friendly.We will stay here again and book earlier to get a better rate.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
victor, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We arrived very late, no problem, our room was clean and quiet. We only had one day to take care of appointments so we left early the next day. When we came back to the hotel around 8:00pm it was perfect. Beds made new towels, ect. Such a wonderful hotel. Would highly recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

South
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Had a great experience here the night before a flight in April, 2014. I'm very picky about cleanliness and I wasn't disappointed. Nice room, even with a small kitchen, with balcony overlooking highway - but it wasn't noisy. I thought the value was great for just wanting a clean dependable place to spend the night before a flight. We drove to Fisherman's Wharf that night and it wasn't a bad drive at all either. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Peg830
Mahwah, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here twice and both times the room was in a terrible spot at the end of a dingy corridor or next to the restaurant. The air conditioner never worked correctly and the in room coffee maker didn't work. I need to go elsewhere sicnr this place always gives me a bad room.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MRM1952
Leiden
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I arrived too soon at the hotel (2 o"çlock) so the room was not ready. No problem, I did some shopping and when I returned 1 hour later not only the room was ready (a beautiful upgrade), I also got a complimentary bottle of water and chips.
So great service, wonderful front desk, lovely room and quiet area, what more can you want,,,

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millbrae
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Millwood Inn & Suites
Millwood Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Millbrae
Aloft San Francisco Airport
The Westin San Francisco Airport
Days Inn San Francisco International Airport West
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport West? Share your experiences!