“best breakfast of my trip!”

Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Millbrae
GreenLeadersBronze level
sheffield
“best breakfast of my trip!”
Reviewed 31 January 2012

i visited the el rancho september 2010 so don't know if the same staff there. but on my visit the highlight was definitely the food. the restaurant was really nicely decorated and the staff very friendly and helpful but the food, especially the breakfasts were awesome. just a perfect treat to start a holiday in san fran or california. the hotel has a small but nice pool and the rooms were clean, attractive with good bathrooms. the reception staff were friendly and helpful and the shuttle service to the airport really helpful and frequent. i liked the hotel so much i went back at my end of my calfornia tour before flying back to london.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank 401julie226

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vacaville, California
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Over the past 20 years, we have used several Park and Fly programs in the San Francisco, Oakland, and Sacramento area. By far, I have to rate the Park N' Fly program with the Best Western, El Rancho Inn in Millbrae as one of the besy.

The hotel/motel is becoming somewhat dated, but they definitely keep up the property, and the rooms have always been clean and adaquately staffed with towels, pillows, and linens.

The staff here has always been friendly and helpful.

We highly recommend this hotel. Check out their AAA specials as it can save you money.

Parking is for a full 14 days, unlike many of the surrounding hotels ... and if you desire to stay beyond the 14 days, parking is only an additional $5 per day.

You can choose to stay the night of your departure ... or the day of your return ... even both if you wish to pay for the additional night.

The shuttle runs 24 hours a day, and the drivers all will help with the loading and unloading of your baggage.

We have used shuttles at many of the other hotels, and most of them will take you to and from the airport, but the driver never gets out of the driver's seat so it is up to you to lug all your baggage on and off the shuttle ... the added assistance offered by El Rancho is a huge plus

We highly recommend the El Rancho Inn.

Room Tip: Within 5 minutes to San Francisco International Airport and up to 14 days of parking is included wit...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank DennisAtkinson
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 18 January 2012

against my protestations I was put in room 704 and I heard planes, trains and cars all night for two nights and got no sympathy from front desk

Room Tip: stay away from this part of hotel or avoid hotel all together
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
bwelranchoinn, General Manager at Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
We apologize for your poor nights sleep. We are continuing our efforts to improve the sound proofing in our guestrooms to reduce the noise from airplanes and trains.
Manteca, California
Reviewed 14 January 2012

This is a great place to stay for Park and Fly from San Francisco. Everything went so smoothly. They really have a great process to get you to the airport and to pick you up and have your car ready to go when you get back. I was very pleased with the way they handled everything. I think our room needed a little upgrade, and it was close to the freeway, so we had some noise. The rooms up front are probably quieter. Breakfast was nice and they serve it early for the ones taking the early flights.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sally J
Martinez, CA
Reviewed 10 January 2012

As indicated in my October 3, 2011, review, I was going to give another chance after a shuttle "pick-up hiccup" on our third or fourth stay at this facility. Management responded to that post and indicated efforts would be made toward improvement. They seem to have kept their word. I'm pleased to report our recent experience was a good one.

Shuttle runs both to and from the airport went well. Pickup this time was from the domestic terminal and thus earlier on the pickup route, but leaving the airport we had extra room on the shuttle. No one got passed by or left behind - as was the case our last trip.

We'll be using this facility again next trip out of SFO.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 165
West Hollywood, California
Reviewed 10 January 2012

It's all about the plugs and El Rancho gets this like no hotel or motel I've ever stayed at. There are plugs in all of the places I want them. After plugs comes lighting and, again, this place really understands how to meet my needs with lamps and overheads that provide great coverage in all the right places. The bed was wicked comfortable and I love the fact that the TV is on a swivel so that it can be enjoyed from the bed or the comfortable chair. Importantly, the chair comes with the PERFECT ottoman (meaning just the right height to ease my aching back). I love the fact that there are multiple surfaces -- desk, small table, night stands, coffee bar. Other pluses: a great closet and a small refrigerator (which, for some reason, they don't mention on their website). There is a bar and restaurant on the premises and they serve a complimentary "departure snack." As I don't eat bread or sugar there was nothing for me to eat but for those who do the offerings were plentiful. The coffee was so so but, in truth, it was better than what I had at the San Francisco Ritz Carlton!

It pains me to not give them five stars but I have to knock off a point because the cleaning products they use have a sickening scent. It's a cold winter night but the windows are open as I try to air it out. Also, I have to knock off a point for the fact that they have these wonderful cards with very clear instructions about changing linens; Yet, despite the fact that I followed the instructions on the cards, I returned to my room after breakfast and found that mine had been changed. This is something like the fifth or sixth time in the last couple of years where the hotel promotes their environmental awareness yet the staff seems blissfully unaware and does things as they've always done. Once it was the opposite problem, I followed their instructions for not changing the linens and it was interpreted as wanting no service in the room at all! I do want my bed made, the trash cans emptied and possibly the carpet to be vacuumed. I don't need or even want fresh sheets and towels every day!

Otherwise I am very pleased to recommend this charming, family owned establishment.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Malvern, PA
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I requested one of the redecorated rooms, and the room was indeed fresh-looking and comfortable. It was on the second floor of an old-style motel; the rooms open to the outside on a common outside walkway. The bathroom had a problem; the shower faucet squeaked and banged horribly. We were awakened in the night by banging in another room, and we thought they were banging on the wall, so we banged back to make them stop so we could sleep. Only later we realized that they probably had the same squeaky/banging shower and that caused the problem. My husband did not like this motel at all and would have preferred to pay more to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millbrae
Millwood Inn & Suites
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame

Been to Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn? Share your experiences!