“Great service, convenient to airport”

BEST WESTERN PLUS El Rancho Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Millbrae
GreenLeadersBronze level
Eureka, California
“Great service, convenient to airport”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

Great value, with excellent service. Airport shuttle and parking services much appreciated. Early-risers breakfast snack the very, very best (and a wonderfully helpful staff person as well).

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Phebesca

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Rio Vista, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

This is the third time I have stayed at Best Western El Rancho Inn. All three times I have left my car there and used their shuttle to get to San Francisco Airport. This is the first time that I have stayed at the end of my trip. Our flight got in about 11:30 pm and it was midnight by the time we got our luggage. The van came very quickly and we were off to the hotel. When we arrived, I was surprised when the driver went in and got our keys for us, took us to our rooms. Our car was already parked right across from the rooms. This took all of five minutes or less. They were very efficient. All of the people who work there are very helpful and kind. The rooms are comfortable and have been remodeled. It is a great place to use when traveling.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Corvettesue322
Bangor, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

I have stayed here on a number of occassions when flying out of S.F. Great location near the airport and excellent airport shuttle service. I would say that the rooms need a complete renovation. They are getting old looking. I have struggled with the smell of the rooms on most of my times there. The non smoking rooms have been smoked in at one point or another, or the air in the rooms is really stale. The only reason I have stayed here is due to the room being booked by my company for a business purposes. Recommendation would be to try another hotel in the area that is newer. There are a lot of possibilites in the same area near the airport.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Traveler06232009
las vegas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

A month ago my wife and I had an unexpected overnight at SFO after a connecting flight cancellation. It was 10:30 p.m. on a very rainy night and virtually every property in the area was full. No availability shown on the common websites. Called the hotel and reached a great clerk who had a very nice king available at a price less than the websites. Shuttle service picked us up at 4:30 a.m. for first shuttle to SFO. Very clean, modern, compfortable and our room was exceptionally quiet. Excellent parking from the looks of the large lot and somewhat close to a BART Station.The Best Western Millbrae saved us from a night on the floor at SFO.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gapcmp
Volcano, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed two nights—one night pre-departure and again upon our return (20 days later). Both rooms were clean and comfortable, although a bit dated. Although very near the airport, we noticed no aircraft noise. There is a restaurant on site and others nearby.

The stay & fly program is VERY well-organized. Before going to the airport, you fill out a form with date and flight number for your return. Upon return, the shuttle driver picks you up at the airport terminal--he already has your car key and will drop you off next to your parked vehicle. If you’ve reserved a room for your return date he will also hand you a room key—no need to “check in” at the front desk—and drop you in front of your room.

The stay & fly package includes 14 additional days of free parking. If you leave your vehicle for more than 14 days, it is $5 per day additional. If you reserve a post-return room, you get it at a discounted rate of about $90/night.

We will definitely use this hotel for future flights out of SFO>

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

Arrived about 8pm from London. Perfectly adequate with free parking and wifi and a surprisingly passable breakfast.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ancientskier
Cleveland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

With an unexpected delay, I had an overnigt stay in San Francisco (SFO) area & I needed to stay close to the airport.
The shuttle was very convenient from the airport (a short ride to hotel) The hotel was kept up well & I noticed some remodeled areas ( my room had a big-screen tv). Kudos to Management for the continued upkeep !
I was very tired at check-in and didn't pay attention to the layout or ask for quiet rooms but soon found out my far far far... back room (right back) location was a surprise evertime BART would ride by (evidentally Bart is somewhat close, good if you need transport to a line or in city.) btw- the bus line is also nearby if you need to ride it ($2) localy, up to a local mall Tanforan.
I suggest staying mid room if possible. Of course as tired as I was I didn't notice until early morning this noise. (and yes close enough you can see the trains/railcars as they wisk by and toot thier warning horns) So, with this point said and communicated, I'd say it isn't a bad place, the complimentary morning breakfast was ok, staff was friendly and acomodating ! I wouldn't mind staying again.

Room Tip: Mid area (not too close to street or too far back at Rail line) Industrial airport area, what can I...