From now on I will fly from Japan to San Francisco instead of LA just so I can stay at this hotel before flying east (or west). It's close to the airport, has hourly shuttle flights, it's within walking distance to BART, the subway, and to stores and restaurants of every variety. Their own restaurant is very good. It's pre departure "snack" is delicious and filling--their egg and ham or vegetarian alternative and their muffins and scones are definitely a cut above the usual bland breakfast offerings. The rooms in the back of the hotel are standard, and you wouldn't want to stay in them if you weren't going to have a car. But the rooms in the front of the hotel near the front dest and the pool and restaurant have some ambience--the double queen room we stayed in had the second bed in a small second room--perfect for me and my granddaughter. We stayed here on the first night of our trip and then again on our last night--and my granddaughter specifically asked if we were staying here again and wanted the same room. They were accommodating and gave it to us again. Also the rooms were VERY clean and and the beds very comfortable. Best of all, the entire staff was warm, friendly, and helpful. When I mentioned this to the receptionist, she told me that the hotel has been in the same family for several generations and they treat the staff well, so the staff is happy--and it shows. My military discount made this an excellent value, but it would be a good value even without it because of its overall feel-good quality. This isn't a big, fancy hotel; better, it has a warm, personal feel while providing the expected comforts and services. I never write such long reviews, but I LOVED this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Closest Best Western hotel to SFO Airport, AAA 3 Diamond Rated, with full service restaurant offering complimentary daily departure snack from 4:30am - 9:30am. At the Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn you’re sure to find that little something extra. With our modern amenities and thoughtful design, the Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn will stand out among other hotels in Millbrae, CA. For the business traveler, a spacious work desk and free internet access are included in all our guest rooms to ensure you don’t miss a beat while you’re away from the office. For extended stays, each room provides a convenient in-room mini fridge that is ideal for drinks and snacks. We also have an in-house fitness room, so you can keep up your workout routine while you’re on the road. As always, the Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn will provide you with the superior customer service that you are used to at any Best Western hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus El Rancho Hotel Millbrae
- Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn And Suites
- Best Western Millbrae
- Millbrae Best Western