“park and fly”

GreenLeadersBronze level
santa cruz, United States
“park and fly”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Overall this is a good value for travelers. This is the second time we used this hotel. The bed is super comfortable. the shuttle van service to the airport is great and reliable. This time I could not get connected to the Internet. I had to call an 800 number to have a technician resent the router. I was able to get online briefly but could not download any emails. I had to sign out of the wireless network and use verizon to get my email. The hotels internet was busy and I could not get onto the network. They need to UPGRADE their wireless. If I was traveling on business and could not connect I would be fuming. Other than that it is a nice hotel...nothing too fancy...but clean and safe.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Wendy C
bwelranchoinn, General Manager at Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding our Park and Fly program. I will investigate why our guest wireless internet was not working up to our standards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Turlock, CA
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The El Rancho has been a favorite of mine for over 20 years. The accomodations are always immaculate and the restaurant very nice. Breakfast is a nice bonus. The park and fly service is outstanding. El Rancho has the system down pat. the discounted room rate upon return is appreciated. I highly recommend a stay here. You will come back again and again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwelranchoinn, General Manager at Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
We appreciate your feedback and recommendation.
Clovis, California
Reviewed 6 January 2014

It was a great choice to stay at Best Western "El Rancho Inn". We park our vehicle and flew to Cancun. We came back to stay for one night at Best Western and we had a great night sleep. The location of this hotel is Perfect! Not too far from the Bart Station, Not too far from Union Square San Francisco and with excellent access to STATE Route 101. We were drop off/pick up at the Airport - Excellent Service. Highly Recomend to stay here.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Eagle50675
bwelranchoinn, General Manager at Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Thanks for your recommendation and comments about our Park and Fly program.
Seasoned traveller from Devon
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This Best Western is a $10 taxi ride from Millbrae BART station and fairly close to LAX. A FREE SHUTTLE OPERATES to LAX.
It's convenient enough to walk without bags to the BART station and take the BART Ty the Embarcadero in San Francisco and then the F/Market trolley bus ( a yellow one) from the main Embarcadero road about 200 yes from the BART to Pier 39, the hub of the action on the Bay side of SF. The journey from Millbrae is about 40 mins and return ticket is $9
The El Rancho reception was welcoming, the room with en suite shower was fine/functional with tea and coffee facilities plus a fridge and tv. The bed was clean and comfortable.
The complimentary breakfast was good as well, continental style.
Overall we would return here even on a visit to SF, the main road outside the hotel is the El Camino Real and on it there's every conceive able type of restaurant if you prefer to eat out of the hotel (I recommend the1/2 rack of ribs at PierMarket on Pier 39 if you like ribs!

Room Tip: 1st floor is fine,248 was quiet
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chocky1948
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback.
Escalon, California
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I always stay at a Best Western Hotel where ever I travel. I feel safe, staff is amazing, I can leave my car for up to 2 weeks without any charge, and I don't have to worry about getting too and from the airport, they have an great shuttle service, any time day or night. I always tell my friends to stay at El Rancho Inn and Suites in Millbrae, Ca. THANK YOU SO MUCH for the great prices, great rooms, and all the amenities.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

2 Thank jani1956
bwelranchoinn, General Manager at Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Your welcome! We look forward to hosting you on your next trip from SFO.
Bend, United States
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My wife and I have stayed at the hotel a few times. It is located within a 5 minute taxi ride of San Francisco Airport. Anytime we need to fly out of this Airport we stay at this hotel. The hotel is clean and well taken care of. The rooms are small but for a one night stay before or after a flight they are meet the need. There is a restaurant on site and breakfast is available for travelers from 4:30 a.m. So you can get breakfast before catching and early morning flight. There is a shuttle to the airport 24 hours a day. The hotel also provides a stay and park package that allows you to leave your car for seven days without additional cost. They also discount your room upon return if you stay overnight.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

2 Thank Bill D
We appreciate your positive comments regarding our Park and Fly program.
Eureka, California
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I was really disappointed in my stay here. The shuttle service stops for pick up at everyone's rooms and then at other hotels. So it took just over thirty minutes at 5:30 in the morning to get to the airport. My first room was awful and had a lot of noise around it. They moved me. Just seems like a really dated hotel. I had just stayed at one closer to the airport and it was much better. I had the worst check in. The guy didn't explain how the parking worked and there was a lot of confusion when I came back to get my car.

Room Tip: don't get one of the inside corner rooms
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
bwelranchoinn, General Manager at Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
We are sorry we did not meet your expectations. I will review your feedback with our Shuttle drivers and Car Storage department.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Millbrae
Millwood Inn & Suites
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
Bay Landing Hotel
Bay Landing Hotel
#2 of 12 in Burlingame

Been to Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn? Share your experiences!