“Honest chinese food”

Dining options: Reservations
La Villa
“Honest chinese food”
Reviewed 7 October 2011

The service is very good, the selection offers variety for every taste. The food is just exquisite for a fraction of the price you will expect to pay at a good chain like PF Cheng. In addition the service is fast, as fast as a Mc Donalds !!!!! Awsome value, excellent food.

• Visited October 2011

Atlanta, Georgia
“attentive service, solid, freshly prepared chinese food”
Reviewed 3 August 2011

The restaurant is within easy walking distance of the Fairfield Inn and probably many other hotels nearby. We were seated and waited on immediately. The Twice Cooked Pork was moist with the right level of spicy. My dish, Happy Family, included nice portions of scallops and shrimp with fresh crispy vegetables. You could tell there were locals that regularly frequented the restaurant. If I was staying nearby for longer (like for work) I would get take-out and probably eat here more than once.

Pismo Beach, California
“Excellent Chinese Food!!! Great Service!!”
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We were in Millbrae for just one night and we wanted good Chinese food. We did not know the area, so we found trip advisor. We read the reviews and found Lai Lai Restsurant. It had a 5 star rating. We gave it a shot and were we glad we did! The food was great! It was the best Chinese food I ever had! and what I mean .. is that I have eaten good Chinese food before, even in China town, but something about this food made it special and memorable. I realized what it was...it was the freshness of the food! I can't ever remember eating Chinese food where the vegetables were so freshly crisp and tasted so good with the food. Usually, the veggies are soggy and just blended in with the good tasting food from other Chinese restaurants, but this food at Lai Lai's was not like the others. This food made your mouth POP with flavor! What also made our experience so great was our wonderful waiter named Gary. He was so friendly and helpful. He took the time to show my kids how to use chop stix and then he gave them those chop stix cheaters to help them eat their food. My kids had such a good time, and for the first time, even my picky eater cleaned his plate. Gary always made sure we were well taken care of. Everyone in there had smiles on their faces. Gary even gave us tips on where to visit while we were in the bay area. I was glad we never made it to downtown China town in SF like we planned, because we found the BEST one here in Millbrae. Lai Lai's Restaurant!! I highly recommend it. I will be back for sure!
My name is Robert from the Central Coast,CA

1 Thank Robert2188
Gainesville, Florida
“a reasonable, friendly and fresh place to eat.”
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We looked on line to find a place to eat in Millbrae. We were just here for a night before we flew out early from the San Francisco airport. This Chinese restaurant was in walking distance from our hotel and offered fresh tasting (no MSG) food at reasonable prices ($10-$15). We got the 'family meal' for $13.75 each and it was much more food than we could eat. There was a large family party celebrating a birthday and the staff was really relaxed and helpful. It is not a fancy place by any means but I would trade fresh and crisp vegetables for nice decor any day. It was a very pleasant meal and I would definitely return.

• Visited July 2011
“Great place for Chinese!”
Reviewed 28 May 2011

There aren't many Chinese places -even in SF - that serve good, authentic Chinese food. This is a gem of a restaurant, deserving every review on Yelp (that's how we found it). The food was great, and we loved the Sizzling rice soup especially. The prices were very reasonable, and considering the quality of the food, we left feeling very satisfied indeed. The staff were friendly, especially the manager Jimmy and his sister-in-law, who came to check on us personally. We'll be back again when we're in the SF area!

• Visited May 2011