“Best Chinese food in An America!”
Review of The Kitchen

The Kitchen
Ranked #36 of 96 Restaurants in Millbrae
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Mostly exclusively Asian & little English, but don't let that scare you away, if not your profile. On weekends, the spectacular dim sum is brought around on carts , so you can just "point & shoot." The congee (rice porridge), albeit a simple dish, is some of the best I've had in the world. A huge selection of very authentic Chinese dishes for the courageous. Worth the 15- minute drive down from SF. Get there early on weekends, else prepare to wait - long time!

1  Thank Don C
There are newer reviews for The Kitchen

Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Been here many times for dim sum. It can get very busy so I try to go early lunch hour. Food is always good. Some staff are friendly to kids. Service is good. Have not tried dinner here since dim sum only at lunch.

1  Thank cricoerb
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Authentic Cantonese cuisine just across our hotel. Food was excellent and inexpensive. Open late on a Sunday night.

1  Thank Noel D
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We were headed to get some Dim Sum in the Millbrae area and got very lucky when our cab driver started speaking Cantonese with my friend and said he would take us to the "right place" - it turned out to be a winner! Get here early for lunch because it fills up fast. Carts come by with different choices as quickly as you can select. We had a wide selection of steamed dim sum, chicken feet, jelly fish with seaweed, steamed shrimp dumpling in fish soup, congee with clans, and steamed Japanese tofu. What a taste treat! Every dish was excellent with fresh ingredients and great flavors. This will be my new favorite restaurant in the vicinity of SFO.

1  Thank fred200099
Reviewed 9 October 2013

First time I found this restaurant just because I was so hungry and looked for some small restaurant. It was amazing! I ordered Fried crab in HongKong road side style, fish head casserole clop pot and seafood tofu soup. All of these were so yummy! I also tried the dim sum dishes, which were excellent! I will def come here again and again.

1  Thank mfzbubble z