Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Reviewed 23 June 2014

if you travel with your family Extended stay is best. It is in center of city and all needs are close to you. staff is ready to help you.
it will give you feel like home comfort and economic which fits in your budget

Room Tip: prefere ground floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Naveen - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so glad that you liked your first trip to the United States and chose to stay at our hotel. The staff and I enjoyed providing for you and your family and look forward to hosting you again in the future, should your travels bring you back to the U.S.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Good hotel stayed for 4 weeks on business trip, very near to Sandisk and Cisco office, room and hotel is clean. Kitchen is good with all utensils and heating facility to cook food also oven and coffee machine and Iron is available. Service is good. Wifi available. Breakfast item ( donuts ) is available. Bed Bugs can be there so please ensure that you get checked before check in to the room.

Room Tip: check for bed bug free room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your clean room, especially the fully equipped kitchen, and the service our staff provided. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Had an inside room with kitchenette, desk area, couch, comfortable bed. Room was clean and spacious and everything worked well (air conditioner/heater, microwave, fridge, clock). Coffee, breakfast items available in lobby for easy grab and go. Wireless connection was good. Location was perfect as it was close to so many businesses as well as highways. Manager Praveen was incredible at making sure everything was satisfatory. He was friendly, efficient, and really went out of his way to ensure a comfortable stay. I have never seen a manager as willing to step up and make things right like Praveen. He was the reason I had such a great stay. Stop in and check it out and ask to speak to Praveen, he will make it worth your while.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Again, thank you for the comments. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the future!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Stayed there for 10 nights on a business trip. It was OK for the $89 per night (although while checking in I heard the receptionist telling someone that some other company has a $55 rate). On arrival, the room was pretty clean except there was some garbage in the trash can. The faucet was spraying the water backwards. The alarm clock could not be set, and I only found this out after 11pm, at which time there was no one at the reception so I couldn't get that fixed or ask for a wake-up call. Next day, I asked them to fix all the issues and they were indeed fixed by the time I got back.
The grab-n-go breakfast isn't very much of a breakfast, but there's a Starbucks at the gas station across the street (note though that one is closed on the weeked).
There is no shampoo in the room - you have to ask for it at the reception, and you only get a couple of coffee bags for the coffee machine in the room - again you can ask for some at the reception.
Overall, for the price, I think it's a reasonable hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize for the issues that occurred during your stay. I am sorry that you found garbage in your trash can upon arrival. As well, I apologize for the issues you had with your faucet and alarm clock. Finally, I am sorry that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. All of your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at mlp@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Location of hotel is very impressive as this is right next to many offices like Cisco, ScanDisk etc and i was easily able to connect to my work location with in few min. I stayed for two weeks at delux room, room is spacious with enough lights and clean kitchen. The staff was very supportive and welcoming. Break fast and Wi-Fi are great and helped me to manage office timings/work easily while I stay here. Restaurant and grocery stores at walk-able distance, ample space for parking.

only one thing need to be improved is attending calls made from room, all most all the times I am not able to reach them when I dialed from my room. However they are there always to serve my needs when ever I go to front desk in person.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

I stayed two weeks.Great location, comfy beds, and a great price! What more could you want? The staff was very kind and welcoming and the breakfast in the morning was great for a grab and go! and there was really good places to eat.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

ESA property is very good , ample space for parking with fitness centre. The rooms are spacious with sufficient lights which you need particularly during winter season as it becomes dark very quickly. The manager here (Praveen )is really customer focused and easily accessible. It was one of the main reasons for me and my husband to extend our stay here.

Room Tip: Select king deluxe when you are in long term stay
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Milpitas - McCarthy Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Kavya - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our fitness center and your spacious room. I would also like to thank you for the pleasant comments about Praveen. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to him and the rest of the staff.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.