“Friendly staff, clean newly renovated facilities,”

Hampton Inn Milpitas
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Reviewed 8 August 2013

The staff at this hotel are among the most helpful i have experienced. The hotel has recently been renovated. Very good value for price point. It is easy to get to off of the highway and convenient to several restaraunts, the mall, down town San Jose. the view is pretty.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 August 2013

This Hampton Inn was undergoing renovations during my 3-night stay. I was in one of the newly remodeled rooms, so everything was new, modern, clean, and comfortable. Highlights included the comfortable bed, free wi-fi, flat screen TV, microwave oven, coffee maker, and a small fridge. As a tall person, I especially appreciated having a high shower head so I didn't have to slouch underneath it to wash my hair! I also liked the breakfast buffet. Good selection of food and plenty of it. There were a few problems, which seemed to be a result of the renovations. One night, around 2:30-3:00 A.M., I was awakened by a loud banging noise coming from the large construction waste bins in the parking lot beneath my room. Not sure what was going on down there. Also, I didn't get the type of room I reserved (via the Hilton Honors web site). The room was supposed to have a bed and a sofa bed, but the sofa bed was missing. I called the front desk right away, and they had no idea that my room didn't match my reservation. Later, they told me that due to the renovations, none of the "sofa bed rooms" had sofa beds. I asked why I wasn't informed of this when I checked in. The front desk people claimed they were unaware of this because they were just going by what it showed in their computer. It would have also been nice if Hilton had updated their online reservation system so they're not offering rooms with amenities that aren't available. Overall, it's a nice hotel, with a few caveats. I wouldn't mind giving this place another try after they finish all the renovations.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for 4 nights for the Far Westerns Swim Meet in San Jose. We stayed at a newly renovated room not facing the 237 fwy. The hotel was very accommodating and the front staff was very nice. We were able to get the rest we needed and breakfast was served at 6 a.m. every morning. The kids loved the cookies that were set out every afternoon. The location is very convenient and close to many things like the Great Mall, Westfield mall, etc. Internet service was also good. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the freeway.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Beautiful area around the hotel. This is a very nice hotel that is close to everything. All our experiences with Hampton have been wonderful, and this one is no exception. The rooms are always very clean and fresh, and out favorite part of the stay is the breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stay at the Hampton Inn in Fremont and this unit in Milpitas was not up to the usual standards. I don't know who chose the interior wall coverings or the carpet but it look bad. Both Stairwells were out of service which is a fire hazard violation

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hotel M, Hampton Inn Management Team at Hampton Inn Milpitas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

We're very sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and we apologize for letting you down during your stay. We will keep your feedback in mind as we continue to improve our guest experience. We hope that you'll give us another chance if your travels bring you back to our area in the future.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

While this hotel is still finishing renovation, it is still an excellent location and a great place to stay. It is also part of the Hilton chain of hotels, who always do a good job. Can't beat Hampton Jon's prices either. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. Breakfast is included.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Hotel accommodations are average and meet normal hotel standards. Hotel was conducting major remodeling of lobby/common area(s) and was not tidy, but staff were kind and room(s) were well-maintained. We were unable to explore all amenities offered by the hotel due to time constraints, but would recommend Hampton Inn Milpitas/Silicon Valley to others.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family