“Very Good Indian food”

Cuisines: Indian
Atlanta
“Very Good Indian food”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

A bit small, and oddly located, but nice enough inside. One of the better Indian restaurants I've been to. Worth a visit.

• Visited February 2013

Santa Clara, California
“By far, one of the top indian restaurants in the south bay”
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Four time to Kinara in last 4-5 months time frame, and never got dejected.
Food quality is just awesome, In my opinion, what sets Kinara apart from other restaurants is different spices ( you tastebuds can feel them without getting hurt :) ), mix of traditional and special recipes and more importantly they have NOT TRIED to include all of india on their menu.

As they are located in Best Western in Milpitas, you will NOT notice this restaurant, you have to try for it. But once you in you are in for a treat.
I have been tho Kinara on different occasions, just with my veggie friends, with my boss, with my better half and for take-away. I am yet to be disappointed with the pace of service and food!

Good going!

• Visited August 2012
Bengaluru, India
“Good Indian Dine-In option”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Very good food. But beware of the portions- they are huge and the staff does not warn you & you end up with excess food.

Visited August 2012
KS
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Small and Quiet Indian Restaurant with Supreme Food”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

My local friend took me once to this restaurant, located a bit aside from the main roads at the Best Western Hotel premises, and since then every time I'm in the area I'm looking for an opportunity to dine there.
The place is relatively small (about 50 sitting places), and the service and the food are excellent.
Everything is very fresh and was cooked for us considering our preferences (we asked the dishes to be mildly spiced). Chiken and lamb (butter and curry) were literally "melting" in the mouth, leaving a pleasant taste of a meat and of the spices, mixed and interleaved together. Naan was "irresistible" (try one with garlic) and some vegeterian dishes (cheese, lens, greens) were excellent as well.
I'll definitely come back there in my next visit in the area.

• Visited July 2012
Silicon Valley, CA
“One of the best Indian Buffets in the South Bay”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I have eaten at scores of Indian restaurants in Silicon Valley over the years, but I think that Kinara is the best.

This restaurant is the closest to my office and my colleague and I were the first to eat there when he opened about a year ago. Since then, I have eaten at Kinara at least 25 times, always for the lunch buffet and never for dinner.

There have been many Indian restaurants in the same location over the past decade or so. The last one served food that was too salty and eventually went out of business. There are about five other Indian restaurants within walking distance (Milpitas seems to be a magnet for them!).

Kinara seems to have staying power. The food is excellent and their reputation has spread so that sometimes they are quite crowded.

They have a good range of both veg and non-veg items. On the verg side, the dal and saag are always good. On the non-veg side, the fish curry, lamb curry, and goat curries are all good. They have good tandoori chicken and naan is promptly served at the table.

For desert, they usually have mango mousse, rice pudding, and gajar halwa (carrot).

Soft drinks and tea are included.

In my opinion, the second best Indian buffet in the south bay is the Bombay Garden in Newark. It is larger, has a larger selection of items, and is more comfortable. But I think the food at Kinara tastes better overall. Give it a try!

• Visited July 2012