“not a great checkin experience”

Americas Best Value Inn-Milpitas/Silicon Valley
Americas Best Value Inn-Milpitas/Silicon Valley
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Seattle, WA
“not a great checkin experience”
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I guess as a woman, when I arrive at a motel late at night and they make me give my credit card thru a slot in the window, I wondered why they couldn't let me in the lobby, which was right there....
the whole place looked better in the daylight, but at night seemed a little scary, standing outside...
the room was very standard motel, 2 queens, reasonably clean, thin towels... cheap price. I wouldn't call it an airport motel as it is at least 6 miles from airport... (which in san jose traffic can be alot).
the coffee in the morning was decent.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
abvimilpitas, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Milpitas/Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Thank you for posting your comments we appreciate your review. We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced while checking in to our Inn. Although we are not in a bad area we do use a night window after 10:00pm for the safety and security of our employees.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Utah
Reviewed 19 August 2011

To refer to this hotel as an "airport" hotel really is a stretch. That being said, while not worthy of a 5 star review, the 70 dollar room was clean and did the trick for a quick Friday night stay. Other than an Indian restaurant across the street that closes up early, surrounding restaurants are at a minimum. I was able to walk about 1/2 mile to a Chinese place that was open at 11pm. This Inn has no frills. Just a clean bed with a tv and shower. If you are wanting more this is not the place for you.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Thank you for your review we appreciate your comments. We are in a secondary location to the San Jose International Airport. There are restaurants within a close distance to our Inn, Outback Steakhouse, Fresh Choice and Chili's along with an Indian restaurant across the street and a Chinese restaurant down the street are within walking distance. In addition Denny's is also within walking distance and is open 24 hours. In addition Romano's Macaroni Grill, On the Border and Black Angus are within a short drive. There are also fast food restaurants including KFC, In and Out burger, Taco Bell, Burger King and McDonald's and other smaller restaurants in the area.
San Francisco
Reviewed 31 July 2011

For starters this hotel is not an airport hotel as most airport hotels are pretty closeby - within 5 to 10min by car. This hotel is in Milpitas which is quite a bit away (20 to 30min) from San Jose International airport. Obviously these hotel owners advertize themselves as an airport hotel to attract customers. I stayed here one night, and thank God it was only one night, for it felt like I was in a dungeon - I could not sleep at all for the room was damp, bad mildew smell and infested with flies. The selection of restaurants closeby is next to zero - only an Indian restaurant. I chose to come here because I generally found America Best Value Inn hotels to be pretty good - I suppose there is always one rotten egg in the basket.

Room Tip: Don't Stay Here
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for posting your review we appreciate your taking the time to do so. We take your comments seriously and use them to evaluate our Inn and provide additional training for our employees as needed. We apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced and we are making changes to insure that the conditions you describe do not reoccur in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Milpitas hotels

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I always check out reviews and hotel pics before staying anywhere. Most of the reviews weren’t great but the pics looked good so we booked it through Expedia hotel and car combo. We will never be going back. It is an old hotel that they have updated with tangerine and white paint. Pros: good location, low cost, room has fridge, microwave, iron & board, hair dryer, coffee maker, new comforter, plenty of hot water, shower curtain that is curved out, some covered parking available on north end, continental breakfast—if you like prepackaged tiny sweet rolls and nothing else. Cons: Small room, king size bed was a queen size, extremely tiny and flat pillows, very uncomfortable bed, beat up furniture, single tall and narrow dresser with drawers that stuck, carpet that stuck to your feet, old TV, only 4 hangers, original sink with spider vein cracks in it, original tub with built in anti slip mat that is gray and peeling, noisy combo bath fan/light on one switch sounds like a jet taking off, paper thin and tiny towels, dirty stained tile bath floors, no clock, no individual soap or shampoo—they have public restroom type dispensers on the wall, toilet is public restroom type—elongated bowl with split seat. A few items that were of great concern because of the danger they presented—smoke detector had been removed from ceiling—the backing was there but the unit was gone. Also we came back one evening to find the “Maid Service requested” hanger still on the outside door. They had cleaned the room but left the hanger—showing that nobody was in the room for the entire day. We stayed 4 nights and it was full every night, so if you don’t mind all the cons I mentioned and are looking for a low cost place to stay you might not mind it. But this will be our first and last experience with America’s great value Inn.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank SherlynSLC
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I read the reviews but the pics looked good so we tried it but will not be going back. We were in the San Jose area for business and pleasure. We found this on Expedia with a package deal hotel and car. Pros: The location was good, the price was low. It had a fridge, microwave, hair dryer, iron and board, new comforter, plenty of hot water. They do have some covered parking available on the north side, quiet area. The cons: This is an old hotel that they have tried to update by painting the walls and woodwork. Carpet was questionable--Wore my sandals most of the time so I didn't have to walk on it. Small room, king size bed was really just queen size, furniture looked beaten up, small tall dresser with drawers that stuck, old TV, small and very flat pillows, bed very uncomfortable, sink was probably original--had spider line cracks in it, tub was original with discolored and torn anti-slip bottom, tile bath floor was stained and dirty, towels were white but so small and thin you could practically see through them. Bath light/ fan was on a single switch and was so noisy it sounded like a jet taking off. No individual soap or shampoo--they were in dispensers on the wall like you find in a public restroom. Toilet was also public restroom type--large elongated bowl with split toilet seat. Continental breakfast is a very small prepackaged sweet roll and coffee in your room. The smoke detector had been removed in the room we were in--a major violation. Had there been a fire, we would have been in big trouble. I am going to report this violation to the city. We came back one night after being gone all day and the "Maid Service" tag was still on our door. They had cleaned the room but left the tag on the door--an advertisement that nobody was in the room the entire day. We definitely won't be staying here again. But every night we were there, the parking lot was full, so apparently there are a lot of people that don't mind the cons I have described. This is our first and last experience with a America's Best Value Inn. Interesting that they call it the San Jose Airport hotel, since it is about 7 miles away from the airport and not even in the town of San Jose!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Modesto, California
Reviewed 2 February 2011

Everytime I have visted this hotel I have been disappointed in the staff and the quality of the rooms. I have had a broken fridge, broken phone, dented tv, and burn holes in the comforters, etc. I had made a reservation once, and when I arrived the day of my stay after check-in time, there was no clean room for us to stay in. I had to wait outside the room with all our luggage for 15 minutes before a maid even came to clean the room, and the manager was rude to me and did nothing to compensate us for our troubles. The staff is rude and would not even let me use my discount card that I printed off the Americas Best Value Inn website. They knock on the door before check-out time, and there are many stairs that are not conveniently located. The cheap rates is why we stay there, but the staff is what keeps us from staying there more often.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cASHLEYd
abvimilpitas, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn-Milpitas/Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 30 March 2011
Thank you for giving us your comments, we appreciate your taking the time to write your review. Your comments are important to us we use them to evaluate our Inn and provide additional training for our staff. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again on your next stay in Milpitas.
Honolulu, HI
Reviewed 26 January 2011

I stayed there 2 nights and my room had whirte towels that looked looked gray and had stains the next day I went to Marshall's and bought myself my own towel to use. Who knows how clean ths rest of the room is The room next door had a lot of people visiting all kind of hours. The breakfast and coffee that they give is a joke small individual wrap cinnamon rolls and week coffee. I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2010
Thank you for writing your review, your comments are important to us and allow us to evaluate our service and product and to make necessary changes. We apologize for the experience you had while staying at our Inn and are taking steps to insure that we provide a better lodging experience for you in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
#22 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Americas Best Value Inn Mountain View
Americas Best Value Inn Mountain...
#16 of 18 in Mountain View
Americas Best Value Inn - Palo Alto
#12 of 16 in Livermore
#5 of 7 in San Carlos
Days Inn San Jose Milpitas
Days Inn San Jose Milpitas
#15 of 20 in Milpitas

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Milpitas/Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!