“americanized italian kitchen”

Olive Garden
Ranked #9 of 330 Restaurants in Milpitas
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 10 June 2013

its like a diner that speaks italian. or is it the other way around?
for me the combination does not suit very well. it is not an italien restaurant but they try to cook italian food, which is not bad. but italien food is just fast food, if you take it away and eat it right away. otherwise you take time in a nice ambiente.
but you should try yourself because its part of the american culture. i just did not like it.

1  Thank EsaLo
There are newer reviews for Olive Garden

Reviewed 8 May 2013

We eat at this restaurant regularly. It's one of our favorites. There are pros and cons, but overall we like it.

On the positive side, I like that they let you taste a couple of different wines. We always do that, even when we are already pretty sure which bottle we want. We get a little extra wine (for free), and it's fun to try different options. We also love the unlimited soup. I usually have at least two bowls of the Zuppa Toscana, and if I am too full to eat all my dinner, then I take home the leftovers for lunch the next day. It really stretches the value when you can get more than one meal out of it!

If you are concerned about eating healthy, check out the online menu before you go. You can sort the menu by calories, fat or sodium! That's awesome!

The only real negative would be the crowds. This place can get pretty busy, and we often need to wait. Also, there tend to be a lot of kids that come here, which is fine unless they are screaming at the table next to us. I suspect that this particular Olive Garden location gets more kids because it is at the mall. It's the best location for us, so we deal with the crowds and the kids, but if you have multiple locations to choose from, you might want to pick a different one.

Anyway, overall this is a great choice for dinner, and I can recommend it.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

After hearing about this from some people, I thought I'd give it a try. I'd heard all the stereotypes of what this place was like touristy and the whole when you are here you are family thing, so I expected a cheezy type of place. I was wrong. The food, I thought, was quite good. It was reasonably priced, and well served. Some of the things I could see why people labeled it a certain way, but beyond those, the food itself was quite good. I loved the salad and couldn't get enough of that and the breadsticks. We had a very friendly and attentive waiter. He kept our drinks full and breadsticks basket full. I've been to some high end restaurants that could learn some things from Olive Garden. I can see why people love or hate this place, not this particular location but the chain. I happen to love it.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

I loved the service. I liked the food but it was a little too salty for my taste, The restaurant was a little pricey. It's a good restaurant to try once in a while and I will try it again for sure.

1  Thank Sara_ka84
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Second time here and not disappointed, seated for lunch straight away and our server Desiree was "spot on" - great food and service.