“Interesting fusion style food”

Happi House Restaurant
Ranked #235 of 347 Restaurants in Milpitas
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 15 June 2016

I ordered tempura fried green beans for appetizer and grilled salmon salad for entree. Beans were amazing. Loved the crunchiness, freshness of the beans, the dipping sauce. However, Salmon in the salad was a bit overcooked. Menu looked very interesting. Staff was helpful and answered all my questions nicely. First time ever and I liked what I got.

Reviewed 1 June 2016

Before purchasing its Groupon, read that it had decent reviews and their menu looked appetizing. Finally tried out the place with a friend before the coupon expired. She ordered the udon soup with chicken and I ordered the chicken teriyaki with brown rice, their signature dish. Both dishes were very filling, We also had a couple of appetizers, string bean and zucchini. They were seasoned enough that they could be eaten alone or with the provided dipping sauce.

If we are ever in the neighborhood, we would not mind coming back to try their other menu items.

Reviewed 13 November 2015

I went here for a "fast take out' type dinner. I had their beef teriyaki, brown rice, and chicken salad. I liked their beef teriyaki, but thought the chicken salad was so so.

They offer different types of rice such as brown rice, beef broth rice, and so forth

Service was friendly.

It is located in the McCarthy Ranch Marketplace area of Milpitas.

As such, I found it at average but OK place to go.

Reviewed 18 July 2015

Do not do it. I am warning you. Do not eat here. Please just go to Japan town down town San Jose and get authentic teriyaki.

This is a fast food joint. If you like oily food, then go on down.

Reviewed 19 May 2015

I've been going to Happi House since, well many years now. I like this location if I'm in the area. The owner/manager seems to really be on top of it. Give me the good ol' #1 Beef Teriaki anytime and I'm a happy camper.