“Best non-chain hotel I have ever stayed in”

Larkspur Landing Milpitas
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This hotel is cozy and quiet. The rooms are spacious and very relaxing. The kitchenette was a plus. So was the home baked warm cookies at check in. Comfortable beds, big shower. Great location, cannot wait to stay again!

• Stayed: September 2011

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Stayed two nights on business. The hotel is hard to fault on most things but breakfast is woeful. I don't object to a DIY breakfast as at other properties in the chain but this one has essentially nowhere to eat it. The lounge area will probably accommodate 8 people eating breakfast at once. In a hotel of this size, this is completely inadequate. Free wifi goes a long way to making up for this.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I had previously stayed at the usual Holiday inn express, hilton garden inn, extended stays, courtyard, residence inn, etc., and this was my first time at a Larkspur Landing. Rooms were very clean and comfortable with nice setup of desk, kitchen, flat screen TV's, very comfortable bed. Staff was as good or better than any other hotel I've stayed at. Price was competitive with all amenities included in price. Good breakfast selection, nice business center, good wifi. Prior to this trip I was not familiar with the chain and only stayed there because the first 4 hotels I called were booked. Turned out to be a fortunate chain of events, as I will now look for a Larkspur Landing in cities I travel to.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I stayed for 20days in Larkspur Landing Milpitas in October 2010. It was business plus family stay.

I was already impressed with the detailed and prompt replies to my queries before reservation. I’m very particular about certain aspects including the cleanliness.

My arrival was quite pleasant and was welcomed by the operation manger. Check in was quick.

Room was far more beyond my expectation. As per my request the room was on ground floor with quick access to exit.

The room and hotel were exactly as shown on their website or rather better. Room had a fresh look. Welcome basket had many goodies

Room had fully equipped kitchen with big fridge, microwave and dish washer. All the crockery was neat and almost new. 40 inches LCD’s each in living area and bed room.

The bed was too good once doesn’t feel like getting out it. Clock, radio and dock for I Pad. Nice closet with full size mirrors. Another closet in the living area.

Great desk with Phone, internet port, lamp, pads nice revolving comfortable chair

Bathroom too was neat and clean. Best of all is the Mint series of Soap, Shampoo, conditioner and body lotion. A very nice experience.

Breakfast has nice items on the menu and the dining area is quite cozy and nice.
Shuttle service too was available
Manager, Front desk, engineering and housekeep staff all were very friendly, courteous and efficient.

Business center has all one requires from computer, internet, printer, fax to paper, envelopes, pad, pins and pencils. One can use 24/7.
Round the clock great coffee and tea is available. For me free rental dvd was a pleasant surprise.

I can go on and on. All I can say is this hotel and its staff really spoils you that you don’t feel like returning home.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I stayed at Larkspur Landing Milpitas from April through June 2011. During the stay, I experienced the warm hospitality of the Larkspur hotels and I must say that the staff were very cooperative.

I never felt away from home during my entire stay. The continental breakfast, snacks in the evening and freshly baked cookies were a plus. Free laundry and shuttle services were good too.You need to book the shuttle in advance, or else you will not get the shuttle at the time you need.

The room I stayed in was spacious, had a cooking area with enough utensils and a very confortable bed. The TV was good enough, although I would have liked a few nore Indian channels (There was only one Indian channel).

The complimentary WFI was not that fast, but served most of my surfing needs. I guess the internet speed needs an overhaul. The business center was useful as well. I used it often to print driving directions and other documents.

Overall, it was a pleasing experience. I would definitely stay at Larkspur Landing again

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I was staying here for about 2 months and they have the worst internet service compared to any hotels nearby. Takes minutes to load webpages and couldnt establish VPN connection to your office.Not suitable to do business work from hotel. If you complain to front desk they forward to larkspur tech support who intern again forward to front desk...

Other facilites, breakfast, room clean service are good.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Road_side_remo
clatterell, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Milpitas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide input on TripAdvisor. While I am very glad that other facilities, breakfast and our Houskeeping service were good, I am very sorry for the internet trouble that you experienced.

We at the Larkspur Landing understand how important internet access is to our guests. Over the past 12 months we have completely replaced our Wireless Access Points (“WAPs”) with the latest technology, we replaced our gateway for higher efficiency and doubled our bandwidth all at a high cost to the hotel. As the internet business demands of our guests continue to escalate at a very fast pace we are trying our best to stay ahead of those needs. As an example we just signed yet aother upgrade contract that will increase our bandwidth by 150%.

We will continue to do everything we can to make sure our guests have ample bandwidth for their business needs. High use of entertainment portals like Netflix, Skype, hosting of Peer 2 Peer networks and other high bandwith uses significantly compromise our guest network bandwidth especially when our occupancies are high. This is an area of challenge for us but we are trying to meet those demands as well as best we can.

We truly appreciate your business and hope that all the improvements will help meet the demands.

Cordially,
Clark Latterell

Reviewed 27 June 2011

I stayed in a executive suite in Larkspur Landing this June and i had a very pleasant stay. Starting from the reservation (which was done in no time over the phone) until the check out, it was a real nice experience. Staff is very kind and The suite was in order and clean. A living room with attached Kitchen (with good collection of amenities), A bed room with door and a study room. All comes in a very decent price. The suite is equipped with both LAN and wifi, Breakfast does have some good options compared to some other hotels of the same cadre.

Larkspur would be my first choice when i visit Milpitas again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business