Larkspur Landing Milpitas
US$230
US$209
US$186
CrownePlaza.com
Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose(Milpitas)
US$197
US$186
US$137
US$117
Agoda.com
All reviewsfree laundrybusiness tripbreakfast spreadshuttle servicefully equipped kitchenstove topfull size refrigeratorcomfortable hotelwalking distancemccarthy ranchthin wallsstayed here for a weekking bedlocation is greatlobby areanice staycomplimentary breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 September 2006

The staff was very nice at check in, and our check in went very smoothly.

The room was very pleasant, well equipped and quite spacious. I love the desk/dining table combo, and all the jacks (power, ethernet, modem) were very clearly labeled and cords were very accessible.

The bed was very, very comfortable with tons of pillows. I was a little amazed at how comfortable the bed was, we always end up with terrible beds when we travel, this was a very nice treat.

Vending machines were plentiful, including a frozen treat vending machine.

The continental breakfast was not worth the effort for heading down stairs. My husband had a cup of coffee and said nothing else looked worth eating. So I'd pass on that all together, pick yourself up some eggs and toast to make in the room in the am.

The reason this hotel didn't get 5 stars was: 1.) The continental breakfast was really unappealing, 2.) The staff at the continental breakfast were not very professional. They were more interested in the movie playing on the television than doing any work. (Of course who wouldn't be.) But one staff member got themselves a bottle of orange juice and didn't even bother to close the refridgerator. I guess that's a pet peeve, and made me a little grumpy.

Otherwise I'd definately recommend this hotel!

Stayed: September 2006
3  Thank yvieinca
A TripAdvisor Member
Santa Clara, CA
Reviewed 25 May 2006

As office manager for a semi-conductor company in Santa Clara, I have used the Larkspur Landing in Milpitas several times for employees who visited our company from our European headquarters. Every single traveler said that they loved to stay in the Larkspur. Not only is it conveniently located close to all major highways and Silicon Valley companies, but having a major shopping center within walking distance is a great pleasure for our visitors. Excellent management, outstanding staff, very comfortable and well appointed furniture and beds make this one of the top hotels that I refer our visitors to. Brand new remodeled with a boutique feeling. I have toured the hotel and I base my judgment on several outstanding feedbacks from our guests. This said I want to point out that the Larkspur is a smaller 3-Star Hotel without a swimming pool - perfect for business travellers and extended stays (all rooms and suites have a small kitchen).

Stayed: May 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 January 2006

We stayed at the Larkspur Landing in Milpitas on Thanksgiving weekend. We usually stay at The Courtyard whenever we're in Milpitas because it's right at the Great Mall but thought we'd try a new place just for the heck of it. After doing some research and price comparisons, I found Larkspur Landing. There was 3 of us and having the queen bed in the separate room was a key selling point. We booked directly through their website and received the Weekend Rate of $99 per night. That's a very good deal since the price consists of...

Spacious 1 Bedroom Executive Suite with a separate living room. Complimentary high speed internet access in-room and in the business that includes a color printer, copier and fax machine. Fully equipped kitchen with full size refrigerator. 1 King Bed with upscale bed package including FeatherBorne pillow top mattress. Pull out Queen Sofa Bed with FeatherBorne pillow top mattress in living room. DVD & CD player. Full size work desk with comfortable office chair. 2 telephone lines plus cordless and speaker phones. Remote voicemail access and free local phone calls. Remote printing from room to state of the art Business Center. 2 sinks and full vanity in bathroom. Iron, ironing board, & hair dryer. Same day Valet Laundry Service. Free USA Today newspaper delivered each weekday morning. Plus complimentary grocery shopping service for guests.

We didn't use most of those amenities but we did take advantage of their free dvd rentals at the front desk. They also offer Starbucks brand coffee 24 hours a day in the lobby. They also put out freshly baked cookies at a certain time in the evening which are very good. For those of you who are staying for extended periods of time, you'll find the complimentary laundry facilities a plus. For breakfast, they offered several different types of breads, bagels, cereals, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs and individual bottles of several types of juices along with milk, chocolate milk, tea bags and hot cocoa mixes.

The employees we had the pleasure of meeting during our stay were very friendly and answered all of our questions. The hotel was near several restaurants and stores. The Great Mall wasn't as close as I thought and it took a little navigation, but it still wasn't too far away.

My co-worker happened to book a stay at the Larkspur Landing in Campbell and she raved about her stay as well. We both would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

7  Thank cyncharoo
Reviewed 12 December 2005

My boyfriend and I usually stay here whenever we're in the Bay Area. The room is very clean and the bed, definitely comfortable. In addition, I was able to cook in the room. The hotel has very good customer reps, excellent Starbucks coffee on site and freshly baked cookies every afternoon. The location is also great - there're so many restaurants and malls nearby. We would definitely come back here in the future!

Stayed: October 2005
5  Thank ltrio
A TripAdvisor Member
California
Reviewed 30 December 2004

Very insistent and noisy housekeeping. Keep knoking the door insistently and impolitely many times a day.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member