“Great service, nice stay”

Larkspur Landing Milpitas
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston, TX
“Great service, nice stay”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

My company uses Larkspur Landing for employees who are visiting the San Jose office. I've stayed there twice for a week at a time. The rooms could use a little updating, but they are very clean, large, and comfortable. They provide a welcome basket for each guest with tea, coffee, and snacks that is a nice amenity. The biggest stand-out at Larkspur is the great service. The front desk folks are always friendly and helpful. In the evenings I'll stop by for a warm cookie and a chat with whoever is on duty.

During my last stay, I became very ill with chills, fever and aches. The shuttle was unavailable to take me to a drug store, so Randy at the front desk drove me to Wal-Mart and waited there while I bought the things that I needed. It was so very kind of him and made me feel better both emotionally and physically. It was really above-and-beyond service.

The breakfast is great! Maria takes such good care of everyone. There is a good variety of food and she keeps everything full and clean. They also have food in the evenings, something different each night. There is always hot water and coffee on hand in the lobby/library area. It's nice to grab a hot drink (and a cookie) when you come in late.

The shuttle service is a good amenity, but it can get very full. It's particularly hard to get a ride back in the evenings if you don't set it up at the beginning of the week. If possible, it would be nice if they could run two shuttles during peak times. If they did that, I wouldn't need to rent a car. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the hotel.

All in all, I've enjoyed my stays at Larkspur Landing and I'd recommend it!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Room was clean, quiet, and very comfortable. Service was exceptional. I arrived late on a Sunday and the front desk attendant was alert, eager to help, and very quick to check me in. I used the in-room ethernet port (as opposed to wi-fi) and it worked without fault. Every employee I encountered Monday morning was polite and friendly, most wishing me a good morning. The front desk arranged a shuttle to take me to my company and checkout was hassle free.

Variety at breakfast was small but well-stocked. I had no problem getting the juices, dairy products, and fruits I wanted.

As I recall, my room was on the fourth floor and overlooked the highway. Since someone else complained about the noise on the first floor, my room being on a higher level may have helped with the noise.

Room Tip: Higher floors may be quieter.
Milpitas, California
Reviewed 9 April 2012

It was so nice to have a hotel thats not too focused on the outside, but on the inside. Small things make it a very comfortable stay in a good budget. The studio suite was spacious and had all the necessary amenties. One could also take movies from the front desk and watch in the room. They had a good collection. Very close to a host of restaurants, walmart and all good things food!! :P

Room Tip: Go for studio if you are only a couple or a business traveller.. as good as all other rooms. :)
Singapore
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Well, rooms looked old, as usual the pictures online made it look nice. But the toilets was clean. Wi-Fi had intermittent signals and always cut me off. breakfast variety was shocking little!

And I encountered a bad exprience as per my fellow traveller's review. We were shouted at by a fellow guest of Indian descent because we were smoking at the smoking pit?!???? I saw some other hotels which was at the city center, that should be a much better choice then this.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank -saiyan-
clatterell, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Milpitas, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry that a fellow guest responded to you in a rude manner as to where you were smoking. As soon as we were made aware of this, we did speak to that guest and asked them if they would please not handle a situation such as this in the future.

We do offer a complimentary breakfast for all of our guests. Instead of just having a continental breakfast, we do offer a hot entrée each day. Our entrees vary from day to day. They include scrambled eggs, blintz cheese crepes, omelets, breakfast burritos and breakfast sandwiches in addition to the daily selections of cereals, yogurts, pastries, pancakes, waffles, french toast and sausage. The items that we have included are the result of guest comments. While some hotels in the area are moving to a pay-as-you-go breakfast, we are committed to continue to provide our guests with a complimentary breakfast.

Basingstoke
Reviewed 4 April 2012

The staff woke me up at 10.15 pm on my second night (jetlagged from England) to check when I was leaving. Unforgiveable! I had a room on the ground floor, near the laundry (banging doors from 4 am) facing the freeway (traffic noise from 0430, stops around midnight).
Rooms are only serviced every other day.
Breakfast is the worst of any hotel I have stayed in in San Jose/Santa Clara/Milpitas.
All feather beds are not great if you are allergic to them.
Good points: The bathroom was clean and efficient.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the freeway, near facilities (particularly the laundry) and try to avoid having n...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SleeplessOfSherborne
clatterell, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Milpitas, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
I am very sorry in regards to the time of the phone call that was made to your room. We generally do not call guests after 9:00pm. I can assure you that I will look in to this matter and make sure that the appropriate person is spoken to.

As an extended stay hotel, we do not fully service our rooms on a daily basis; however, if a guest were to indicate that they would like service more frequently, we are happy to do so. We are also happy to remove our signature FeatherBorne® Bed whenever a guest requests for that to be done.

The Larkspur Landing does offer a complimentary breakfast on a daily basis. The items that are served are based upon the feedback from our clientele. While other hotels in the area are moving towards changing to a pay as you go basis, we are committed to continuing to provide a complimentary breakfast to our guests.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 March 2012 via mobile

I do not like this place at all. Of all my travels, this hotel comes into my bottom five list. Why? The rooms reeked. The staff are EXTREMELY RUDE AND UNFRIENDLY. They do not smile a single day throughout our stay. A staff (think he is of Indian descent) even yelled at us because some of my friends smoked at the smoking pit. How should he handle this situation if he is a hotel staff? One) shift the smoking pit if it is not in an appropriate spot. Do not mislead your customers. Two) Talk to your clients nicely, do not yell please.

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Bugsby23
clatterell, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Milpitas, responded to this review, 29 March 2012
I have a completed a thorough investigation in regards to this matter. The person who spoke to the guest was not an employee of the hotel. It was a guest who has been staying here for several months.
The guest had come to the Front Desk and were complaining about the smoking. While looking in to this situation, I did have a chance to speak with the guest. I explained to them that I understand that the smoke may be of an inconvenience to them; however, I would not be able to allow for them to enter in to confrontations with other guests. They assured me that this would not take place again.

Once again, I am truly sorry for the rude behavior that was displayed towards you and your guests. I can assure you that this is not in any means indicative of the hospitality that we show towards our guests.

Dallas
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Originally, this place was owned by the same company that owns the Hilton Garden next door. I don't know if it still is, but the experience would say that it is. They share a parking lot and an In and Out Burger Joint with all the shops on Ranch Drive. An easy walk to all kinds of eating and shopping. The service and quality of the place are great.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business