“Very good for extended stays”

Larkspur Landing Milpitas
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bangalore
“Very good for extended stays”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

In enjoyed my 5 week stay at Larkspur, primarily due to the room and the staff. The suite room is very good for long stays. The kitchen has all the needed silver ware and utensils. The bed is kind of too soft! but you'll get used to it in a week. There is enough parking space. Another major plus point for larkspur is it's location. Just one left turn and you can take on to CA 237 east and west on the next traffic light. There are also more than 20 (yes, I counted!) eating options in walking distance. Some of them are really good. Another plus point was that most of the staaf is very nice! They combine personal and professional very well, and are happy to assist to with, well almost anything!

For the negatives : Food!! The breakfast spread is low in number. Also you have no other option to eat in the hotel except, you can buy cup noodles from the reception.
One of the staff in the night at the front desk was kind of rude. I had to call him thrice and then saw him busy swiping his cell phone screen!!
The noise insulation in the rooms is bad! You can hear everything from the floor above, and the rooms around you. This can some times become irritating.

Still, I would gladly recommend larkspur to anyone for an extended stay. The amenities in the suite, the location and the personalised attention from the staff makes up for any of these small issue.

Room Tip: Smokers, take a room on the lower floors. You'll have easy access to the outside smoking area.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
bhutchison, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Milpitas, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback! It is always great to hear when our guests are able to enjoy the many amenities provided as well as our helpful and friendly front desk staff. I will be sure to share, with our staff, the pleasant impressions they left with you. Thank you again for your time and feedback. We hope to see you again during your next visit to Milpitas.

Brian Hutchison

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Noida, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed in Larkspur Landing, Milpitas for about a week in my recent business trip.

Pros:
------
1. Good location,near by to restaurants, shopping places like walmart and bestBuy.
2. Staff are friendly and welcoming.
3. Rooms are clean and big enough.
4. Free Wi-Fi.

Cons:
-------
1. In-room dining is not available, of course there's no restaurant.
2. There's no service for breakfast, you got to help yourself.
3. Shuttle service was not efficient. On some days, I had to rely on private shuttle service.
4. Check-in was slow, it took about 1 hr to checkin.

Overall, I suggest travelers to look for some other better hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Raju_travel
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback from your stay here at the Larkspur Landing Hotel in Milpitas. I apologize that the check in process was a little slow and hope that this did not cause too much of an inconvenience for you. Although we do our bests to accommodate all of our guests, we tend to have a very high volume of guest that check in at the same time. Thank you again for your time and for your business, we hope to see you again during your next visit to Sunnyvale.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were so impressed with our recent stay at Larkspur Landing Milpitas. Daniel at the front desk did a great job getting us checked in quickly. Our Studio Suite had a full size fridge, gas stove, dishwasher, sink, and microwave. The L-shaped desk had plenty of room for two laptops and there were even two desk chairs. Breakfast was terrific with many different options from eggs and waffles, to cereals and bagels. I also loved having coffee/tea available throughout the day. I paid ahead of time directly on the hotel website and received a huge discount! This hotel had all the comforts of home at a great price.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
bhutchison, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Milpitas, responded to this review, 21 August 2014

Thank you again for your time and feedback, we hope to see you during your next visit to Milpitas.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

The hotel is clean and well maintained but shows signs of aging. The walls and floors are not very good at deadening sound. There was a family in the room above mine that had young children that were happily jumping around until 2:30 in the morning. Might be a good place for families but if you are here on business do not expect a good night sleep.
I was also double billed for items I purchased from the "Larkspur Larder". I paid cash and then after check out the items were added to my credit card bill.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
bhutchison, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Milpitas, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay here at the Larkspur Landing in Milpitas. We like to make sure every single guest has a pleasant stay with us, and in the future if you do decide to give us a second chance please let us know of any disturbance so that we may take care of the issue right away. Thank you again for your input , we hope to see you again during your next visit to Milpitas.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Hotel is perfect for long business trip, have big kitchen with all available facilities for cooking, separate bedroom and living room with TV and all required comfort. some movies DVD are available which can be watched free of cost. Very Comfortable, near to main Milpitas Market and all good shops and restaurants are very near to the hotel. Gym is also very nice.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
bhutchison, General Manager at Larkspur Landing Milpitas, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay here at the Larkspur Landing Hotel in Milpitas. It is always helpful to hear first hand from our guest, how much they were able to enjoy their stay.

Thank you again for your time and for your business! We hope to see you again during your next visit to Milpitas.

Mountain View, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I stayed for three weeks at this hotel for work. It probably was a good hotel at one point, but now it's showing clear signs of age and lack of repairs. Faucets leak, bathroom fittings don't always work, though the maintenance staff are polite and try to fix things up. That said, room service was always up to the mark, and rooms were kept clean.

The front desk staff, particularly the ones in the evenings and at night are very curt and try to do anything to send you away. When I complained of the issues mentioned above, they tried to first move me to a room which had a busted air conditioner, when the last occupant had checked out of that room in front of me with this very agent complaining about the AC. This very agent then offered some repair equipment and suggested I fix it myself. Needless to say, my complaints about these agents went unheard. Even posting about it on social networks, which usually works in this era, made no difference. Later I was told, "It doesn't matter what you think, our business won't go away" by this very agent, which aptly sums up their attitude towards customers.

Considering the price my company paid for this place, I'd suggest going to an alternate, preferably newer place. Though this is easy to get to from I-880, getting out to I-880 requires going a mile to the next exit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback, it really does help us to understand where we need to focus our continuous improvement efforts. First, let me offer up my apologies that your stay did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of addressing the concerns with our front desk staff and are using this as a training opportunity. Thank you again for your input and if i can be of any further service please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Kind Regards,
Albany, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I spent two weeks at the Larkspur for work. Its location was great, close to work as well as lots of restaurants and shops. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was clean and the kitchenette was nice for nights I got sick of going out to eat. The breakfast provided in the morning was sufficient with fresh pastries, yogurt and juices, fruit and then items that changed daily like eggs, pancakes, waffles etc. I used the gym frequently without issues like some of the other commentators, but would agree that a larger space couldn't hurt. A nice touch are cookies and small appetizers in the evenings. I would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business