“Terrible customer service”

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
San Francisco, California
“Terrible customer service”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

As far as the room was concerned, we got what we paid for. It wasn't great but it was cheap and we just needed a place to sleep. The management however was terrible to us. I asked for a receipt at check out and was disregarded and verbally assaulted. I am not sure why the gentleman at the front wouldn't give me a receipt for my stay. It was very strange but the longer I waited and asked for the receipt the worse he treated me. In the end we received a receipt but we had to involve a police officer. If you have the choice to stay elsewhere you should. Its not worth the trouble and I don't think the management is to be trusted.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Redding, California
Reviewed 14 April 2013

staff was friendly. room was very comfortable. outside grounds clean. location was perfect for me. i work nights and was worried that it would be noisy. it was so quiet i couldnt believe it. my only problem was with the people above me, must have had a little one who loves to run and jump. i read the reviews before i went and was a little nervous. hotel is much better than i thought it would be. i have 3 weeks of work left in the area and plan on staying here for the remainder of the time.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
California
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I just stayed at the Milpitas Inn 2-19-13 > 2-22-13.I got to this motel before check in @ about 12:15 p.m. The front desk was nice enough to put me in a room early. [#208] Upon entering the room,the furnishings appeared to be newer.Which was nice.The only thing was the microwave [which worked fine] looked like it was from the 70's.I suggested to the front desk to upgrade any of the microwaves that were older to new energy effective ones.This would save them money on there PGE bill.The Mgr. was very receptive to my suggestion.The bed was a bit firmer than I am used to @ home but I slept fine.The pillows on the bed were most comfortable.
You might be wondering why I titled my review: Better than I thought it would be...Well the Milpitas Inn is on what I thought would be busy with stret noise type of location.As it turns out the street noise was not even that bad at all.
There are many restaurants,or chain grocery stores close by to choose from.Meaning a short drive,or some you can walk to.They have a small,but nice looking pool/jacuzzi area.There are 3 floors to this place.It was mentioned to me that only ther suites are on the third floor.I will tell you folks...I am not sure how long it will last,but look for there "winter special" on there website.For a Queen bed n/s room,for 3 nights total it was $171.60.I challenge any one to find a better deal in the immeadite area.I checked the immeadite area out.The Americas Best Value Inn just down the way to the left did not look appealing outside at all.
In closing I would like to say that I will stay at the Milpitas Inn next time I am down in the area on business.Maybe this last remark is for the motel itself...I would have rated your place more than the 3 stars I gave it,if it were not for the fact that after I came back from a very long day...the room had not been cleaned.This is not a deal breaker for me.I realise s___t happens.
- Big Mike :]

Room Tip: As you go into the Milpitas Inn grounds.Try and get a room on your left.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Milpitas
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I am a teacher who stayed for a few late days from late November to early December. The Management and Front Desk Personnel are very nice, friendly people who care for their guests. The breakfast is excellent, with a waffle iron, juice machine, cereal, and other amenities that kept me more than satisfied. The location is also excellent too. easy access to freeways, buses, and other transportation options. It is within easy access to the Great Mall, and within walking distance of the Milpitas Library for those who need to study. For thos who like to swim, a nice swimming pool. While I don't swim, that is another feature that makes this a great place. Suites were well kept and clean. Great place and people at a great value.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Clovis, California, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2012

When we arrived they did not have our reservations. Not the desk persons fault according to him. Then they sent us up to our room…it was still dirty. When I called down to let them know, the desk person said hey, I was doing you a favor by letting you in your room early. I told him we did not ask for any favors but accepted the new room. When we went into our new room we were greeted by the refrigerator in pieces all over the floor. The front desk guy apologized, again, and then added that it was not his fault, again. We had specifically asked for there room with, advertised as a whirlpool tub. First off the tub was stained and chipped up. When I finely got ready use it, the water did not work. It was after 10 pm so I did not call the front desk, not their fault anyway…right?? When I went to check out and told them about the absolutely horrible experience, they not only told me there was nothing they would do about it, but due to some strange reason with their banks..They would not be able to charge my card until a week later! But once again I was informed..It was not their fault. I have my attorney looking into the legality of them charging a week after the fact..he say’s it sounds fishy. If it is they will be hearing from him soon  . I have been in the hospitality management field for over 30 years and have stayed at hotels across this fine country. From Motel 6 to 4 star resorts…this was hands down the worst experience I have ever had. By the way..when I told them that I was going to post this, they said we don’t care..we will just post a response to it….. Go for it..I’m sure we would all like to see what you have to say!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
BizTraveller12345, Guest Relations Manager at Milpitas Inn, responded to this review, 25 November 2012
Thank you for your review. Please note that we have changed management at this property, and the issues you have noted should not occur again. We've made many improvements to our guest rooms, which are now very comfortable and clean.
Milpitas, California
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I Chose this hotel as it was the closest one to where we were visiting.I seen the AAA plaque on the wall in the lobby so I thought it would be ok, I gave him my AAA card, but he mentioned everyone was getting the discount at this time and my card was not necessary, so the discount was already in the price he quoted me.He never gave me a receipt for the room. Our first room was dark, dirty and very run down, this was a corner room and the windows did not even lock! You could lift them up and down and the latch was broken so you could not lock them shut. Outside the window was an unkept alley.The bath was very dingy and peeling enamel.I asked for another room and the person at the counter went to my room to check out the window, he asked if I wanted it "open" and I explained that the problem was "no lock" and I was not staying in a room with a window that anyone could come into. He gave us another room that was just as dingy...but no window issue. The sink was dirty, the bath peeling enamel, dirty old face towel still in the bathroom, TV got 3 channels, coffee maker but no cups, bathroom had 2 toiletpaper rolls that were not even new rolls. We were already late for our visit with family and decided to just take the room for the night. When we had come back very late, around 1am, there was a crowd of people in the parking lot hanging out....they stayed there until about 2:30am. I do not recommend this place to anyone!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Libertyville, Illinois
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Not the worst of cheap motels I've stayed at but not the best. Stayed one night on a business trip. Room was a little smelly. Iron was missing. Drain was plugged. Breakfast bar not open till 7:30. Internet speed by hard wire was pretty slow.

I've been to other cheap motels where the owners try harder to make the experience nicer.

Good, convenient location. If you do stay here, have breakfast at Mil's Diner. You can't go wrong there.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Days Inn San Jose Milpitas