“Great Silicon Valley Hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Santa Clara, California
“Great Silicon Valley Hotel”
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I just spent 4 weeks living at the Embassy Suites in Milpitas, CA. I was there on business so I was up early on most days and out early! The good stuff: After 3 days the staff know who you are and really go out of their way to be helpful. This was especially nice when it came to breakfast as the cook remembered me and went out of her way to get my order just right! They also have a nice coy pond and are located close to a slew of great restaurants. My favorite was a Malaysian place where they sat you at a table with other people and after a few visits I really enjoyed my meals there! Lastly, great in door pool that was almost always vacant from 8 to 11 at night1

Room Tip: All suites, top floor reserved for smokers
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 30 November 2011

First and foremost, I have seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. As a Hilton Diamond Member who has averaged nearly 100 nights a year for 5 years running, I have seen it all. What pains me the most, is that the other reviews of this property are somewhat flattering. I will say I was greeted warmly by the front desk girl. She was very awesome. The atrium, and interior of the hotel was pleasant, with koi ponds and the like.

Knowing the Hilton properties are typically held to a higher standard, I frequently utilize Embassy Suites Brand. When I went into my room, it had an unusual odor. It wasn’t perfumy, or the carpet powder, but something different. After turning on the HVAC, it seemed to dissipate. I woke up very early, to a dry mouth/sore throat, and the odor was again in the room. I then was determined to locate this origin of the stench. I quickly noticed that behind the curtains, was essentially a huge Petri dish of mold. (See attached pictures) Needless to say, I notified management, I was told by the night auditor that the Daytime manager would be in @ 0630 hours. I requested that he/she call me. I was advised that I would be called. This has not happened, as of this review 14 hours later. Suffice it to say, I nearly fell over after taking a picture above the armoire. (see before and after I swiped with towel) It is a shame, that this hotel is in my opinion, is not maintained in a manner to promote cleanliness/health. I will NEVER return here. I did however, feel compelled to notify the Santa Clara Health Department, and the City of Milpitas Code Enforcement. It was that bad. Consider yourself warned. Keeping it real from the streets. GK

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
7 Thank GerryKurl
EmbSuites, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 20 December 2011
Dear Mr. GerryKurl,
Let me first start by sincerely apologizing for this unfortunate experience. For the last six months, the hotel has been undergoing many projects and has spent over a million dollars to update the hotel and remedy any issues such as the one you experienced. Our staff has been diligent in inspecting rooms, however it seems that this particular room was somehow missed. Upon informing us of the condition of this room, our staff immediately completed the necessary measures to ensure this does not happen again. We have also doubled our efforts in inspecting rooms to ensure that all of our remaining suites area clean and comfortable. We feel confident that this is the case. While this was a very unfortunate situation, we value your input and thank you for your candid comments. Customer service and a quality product is our number one goal and while we did not reach that goal with your stay, we hope you will allow us another opportunity in the near future.
Inverness
Reviewed 23 November 2011

After flying Virgin Atlantic from London i was keen to get to the hotel and relax and from the moment I hit the reception I was overwhelmed by how friendly, effective and eager to please the staff are - they sorted my ride to the mall for later that day, provided complimentary water, updated my Hilton account and generally took charge and got me to my room in no time.

Hotel gym is excellent with towels and water and is open most of the day - I also us the very clean good side pool which has changing and towels and even a Spa tub! I was meant to be on business but this was a pleasure. I have to single out the breakfast and the staff who make the amazing fresh omelettes in particular as the nicest, most polite service staff - sure they could do my job, it takes great skill to keep busy and often brisk business people happy - I hope these people get the credit they deserve but I know the senior managers must be equally decent and professional people to have such a motivated team.

Room huge and amazing, room service arrived late one night and guess what, they gave me it free as an apology - I was shocked and delighted!

Sad to leave and definitely will be back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Ada, Michigan
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Hotel is in an ideal location to reach multiple places. It is very beautiful, with a waterfall koi pond in common area. Hotel itself was clean, but housekeeping failed to get to our room before we were back at the end of our day. When I called the front desk, the gentleman seemed annoyed that I inquired as to when housekeeping would be there. He told me that they worked until 5p & they would be there eventually. We are Diamond with Hilton and this is unacceptable. We finally just put the trash & used towels outside the door & grabbed towels of the cart.

• Stayed October 2011
FL
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Very friendly staff, good breakfast each morning. Just a little noisy when they had a wedding reception.

Room Tip: Higher rooms would have less noise.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Stayed here for one night after a late flight in from Portland. Had a meeting in Milpitas the next morning.

The hotel is easy to find, parking was plentiful on the Monday night I arrived. Walked in to the front desk and the lady took my information and promptly checked in me. She confirmed my HH number and apologized that she couldn't get me to a higher floor (I was on the 2nd floor).

The hotel here looked like every other Embassy Suites with a large indoor atrium and glass elevators. The suites are essentially one bedroom suites with flat panel TVs in the living room and bedroom. Very spacious. The room looked a bit worn but no issues, everything worked. The work desk has only two plugs which was a pain.

I did not use the gym or the pool but walked by and they looked well maintained. The nice thing about the hotel is the folks who work there at breakfast. Cooked to order eggs, fresh fruit and a morning staff that was very nice at 630am.

No lines at that hour so I was able to eat, drink my coffee without rushing. I couldn't tell when I checked in but the hotel was pretty full as every room that I walked pass getting down to breakfast had a newspaper by the door. So not sure how crowded it gets.

The hotel is close to the freeway and there are lots of food/supermarkets nearby if you were staying here longer.

Bill was slipped under my door overnight. Everything was correct and I was able to check-out quickly. Overall, nice hotel to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Grand Forks, ND
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Stayed here from Septemner 15 to September 20th, 2011. The staff is very accommodating and really makes you feel welcome and at home. The rooms are well maintained and the common areas are kept neat and clean at all times.

The breakfast buffet is great with everything fresh. The location is easy to get to and the paking is free.

Overall, a great value for the price paid.

Room Tip: High floor, away from elevators
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
EmbSuites, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this review, 23 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled to hear that you were pleased with your stay! We strive to deliver an excellent product and customer service. It's always nice to hear from our customers that we are getting it right. Your comments are truly appreciated!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
Sheraton San Jose Hotel
#4 of 20 in Milpitas
Sonesta Silicon Valley San Jose

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!