“My "home" away from home ...”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Milpitas
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I love this place and have made a practice of staying here whenever I am in town, at least when it's available. Traveling 40 times in a year isn't that fun, but this hotel and their staff has always gone out of their way to make me feel special, and to accommodate me in a multitude of ways. Like most Embassy Suites, the hotel is so beautiful inside and gives you the sense of "escaping" away from the busyness of the corporate world through lush plants and beautiful waterfalls and bridges. The breakfasts are amazing and the staff there are SO wonderful to me. Since I'm there a lot, they recognize me and treat me like family. One of the staff (Paris -- sorry if I misspelled her name!) goes out of her way every time she sees me. She knows I love avocado in my omelet, so she sometimes goes back to the kitchen to get that for me. And then I see her and others with the other guests, and every person seems to be treated with great care. The evening reception is a nice touch too, and the server there just knows his "clients" and often has their drinks prepared even before they have to say a word.

My son, who is going to school in the Bay area, just loves to come join me at times. He says that coming to this hotel feels like a vacation for him. Reminds him of Hawaii ... Makes it doubly fun that he wants to come join me because he loves it too.

They recently fixed up the workout gym and it has everything I need to keep up with my own workout routine (treadmill, weights, 8lb balls, pads, etc.). It also has enough machines that I've never come down and been unable to find a spot.

The front desk people, for the most part, now know me by name and, again, are very kind and proactive in how they treat me and others. They even recognize me now when I call. Again, this has become a second home. I love the rooms and they tend to put me on the sides, next to the atrium. I love all the pillows I can lose myself with in bed.

There's very little I don't like about this place. The hotel does fill up, so there are times when I can't stay here, but I'll always keep trying.

Thanks to all at the Embassy Suites for making my business travels not just bearable, but even pleasurable!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
EmbSuites, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Thank you for your recent review and for your generous account of our staff and service. It's heartwarming to hear our guests speak of our hotel as their home away from home. We strive to provide the best customer service as possible by making our guests feel like family and thrilled to hear that we achieve that goal with you. We look forward to having you visit us again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,000)

Reviewed 16 March 2013

I just returned from a women't retreat at this hotel. There were approximately 120 women attending. The staff of the hotel were all very friendly and helpful. The hotel is beautiful with the plants and waterfalls. We had room service from the hotel one night. We had a very tasty sandwich. We ate at the restaurant for one dinner. We enjoyed that food also. There are quite a few things to do around the area: shopping centers, etc. About 24 of us went to Ed Levin Park, some for a hike and some for a nice leisurely walk around a pond.

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are staying in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your recent review. I am thrilled to hear that we were able to meet your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay. I will share your feedback with my hotel colleagues as I know they will be pleased to hear that they helped make your stay more enjoyable We hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Wanted to talk with corporate sales and was disappointed with responsiveness and quality of discussion when she finally called. She was uninformed and we didn't have a good conversation. Evidently the hotel sells out Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and they were not interested in our corporate business.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including areas for improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of assisting future guests who are interested in booking with us. I hope that you will be our guest again The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area – thank you for your review.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

Overall the hotel is a typical Embassy Suites, comfortable, well maintained, good breakfast and friendly staff. Where this one totally falls apart is the climate control system. After 8PM they switch their system from air conditioning only to heat only. The room starts heating up to a muggy damp 80F. I complained to the front desk and they quickly brought a fan and explained their system. I would expect this at a fleabag hotel in rural Mexico, but this is Silicon Valley, they have technology, heck, even the rental car I have has the choice of heat of a/c anytime I drive it. This made an otherwise pleasant experience a disaster making it very hard to sleep. You can open the window but the road noise along 237 is pretty loud.

The other complaint is internet, so slow you think it's not working. Not dial up modem slow, much slower than that.

Room Tip: Stay at the other Embassy Suites in Santa Clara instead.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
EmbSuites, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure we are providing better temperature options. If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

The rooms looks very old, you can hear the pipes making noise when someone is in the shower or using the toilet, air conditioning unit making loud sounds when the fan is on, the blanket in the sofa bed are full of holes and torn. Unfortunately during our stay the heating unit cannot be adjusted and we have to have an electric fan. Overall bad experience with this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
EmbSuites, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest suite appearance is an area we are actively examining. I regret you did not have a pleasant stay and welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a week on business including over a weekend. The rooms are typical of an embassy suites; a bedroom with a living room attached, flatscreen TV's in both rooms, microwave and refrigerator in the living room with a wet bar area. Wifi quality was good in the room. I only ate the breakfast on the weekend and it was good with a choice of buffet as well as custom made omelets. My only complain about this hotel is that there is a swimming pool off the lobby area and the sound travels up. On the weekends, you could hear screaming kids in the pool all day.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us last month and hope you will consider staying with us again on any future travels to the Milpitas area.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

As with most Embassy Suites, this one is geared for families. It can get quite loud and the rooms are fairly small for a family of 4, but I still enjoyed it a lot. The food is good and the service is pretty great. The location is OK, but it is a lot safer than a lot of other places. The top floors might scare you, but your kids will love them.

Room Tip: Stay on the middle floors.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for selecting our hotel when staying in the Milpitas area. I am thrilled to hear that you were pleased with both the food and service and hope you will consider staying with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Milpitas
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose/Milpitas
Larkspur Landing Milpitas
Larkspur Landing Milpitas
#11 of 20 in Milpitas
Crowne Plaza San Jose - Silicon Valley

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!